Confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused

For the longest time, I worshiped Cernunnos, but got nowhere. Now when I think about him, I get this feeling that he is not the right deity for me. I've tried contacting him many times, but there was never answer.

Now I am questioning myself. Who are the deities for me? I am drawn to the Celtic Pantheon as I am an avid lover of nature and animals and respect nature and all within it. It safe to say I wish to have a deity who deals with nature, which is why I as thinking of Cernunnos. But I suppose my wants got in the way of what is truly right for me.

I do not know what is right for me at this point. I feel very lost and confused.

Any tips?

Thank you and blessings,

Dukali
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Re: Confused

Go out in nature, sit, relax, and see who contacts you.

Comment

I agree with Ash Branch on this one. Sometimes it takes a while for you to find the right deity. They usually contact you when you're ready for them.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Thank you for your advice, I will surely put it to good use!

Comment

My advice is always to read. Check out different pantheons, see what calls to you.
          “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I feel part of the problem is you are seeing it as "the Celtic Pantheon". There honestly is NO "Celtic" pantheon. Rather there are many. The Celts had hundreds of Gods. Sure some are near "universal" in these groups (Lug, Llew, Lugus), others are not. Indeed some are "deity of a specific river, or natural spot".

Cernunnos is a tricky one as we have very little information on him, he's not quite universal (ie in the Gaelic group of gods, he is absent, ie no horned male (or female) Deity)

As someone who has been a pagan a long time, I've had the "not the right deity for me" experience. For me it was Thor. I am now an adherant to An Morrigan, Lug,m and An Dagda, and have been 15 or so years. My advice is some research, who calls out to you? Work on personal relationships with the deities, and yeah as others have said, go experience nature when able.

Comment

I have found that if a god or goddess wants you in their service they will let you know. Just practice your path and someone may call you to their service.

Comment

I'm with the others on this. Try not to worry and don't force things. It took years for me.

Comment

Working...
                X