Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how wel-rounded is your book collection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how wel-rounded is your book collection?

Oh yes, dear bibliophiles, we're talking real printed and bound paper pages here. How many of the following types of books do you own?

I thought someone else might like this too I only got 58 of 81, I'm a bit disappointed with myself, but it's a great excuse to go get more books ^^
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Re: how wel-rounded is your book collection?

55. I'm not disappointed. I wouldn't want to own a horror novel or a romance novel.

Mostly art.

Comment

I have both ^^ but a book written by someone residing in my current town is harder, I live in a teeny tiny town.
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Got like 33 but it doesn't bother me. The categories are not exactly defined to encourage reading of a given genre of material. Heck the first 4 or 5 were all about ego soothing in a first edition and one dedicated to the owner. Category wise it's really undefined, hardbound, softbound, cloth bound do not do much to define what the content of the book or subject is. Sorry the award section does more to say which author's and publisher's praise one another and get the books on a list more than what the quality of the book actually is.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I got 31 out of 81. I thought I was a little better than that. Well i'm still happy with my collection.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

64. But then, I have a collection as well as a personal library.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              64. But then, I have a collection as well as a personal library.
              Personal library. I cannot even begin to express how much I envy you right now...
              What babe?
              The babe with the power
              What power?
              The Power of voodoo
              Who do?
              You do!
              Do what?
              Remind me of the babe!

Comment

68. Lawdy me.
                "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

I got a 55.
                  Interesting quiz

Comment

I got a 66 out of 81. Not sure how I scored higher then Corbin as I have seen his library and it is impressive to say the least. Must be the romance novels and pop up books that did it.
                    Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

43, but some of them I skipped because I wasn't 100% sure.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I got 47, but also wasn't sure about all of them.
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Torey and I got 62.

I'm not sure how some of the categories contribute to being 'well rounded' though... I guess it depends on what we mean by 'well rounded'. I have living grandparents on both sides, so they have all our family's old, pre-1900's, leatherbound, clothbound and antique books (and one adorable little miniature fairy tales set that I always loved as a kid, complete with faded little box that looked like a dollhouse). My count will go up when they die and I raid their bookshelves.

Comment

I think part of it is interesting in that one book may fit many categories so does it mean your collection is well rounded? I have a manuscript writers draft of a book signed and dated by the author. It's a historical book based upon his exploits as a member of the 82nd Airborne in WWII. As an individual item it falls into a number of those categories but does the having of it really make my book collection well rounded?

Is that any different than the kid who has a copy of Harry Potter signed by the author in hardback? To continue with the Harry Potter analogy it seem's this theory of a well rounded book collection is like the exploits of Gilderoy Lockheart. Looks good in theory but seldom is as vast and encompassing as the person claiming such would have you to believe. Especially when so many of the categories can cover a single book vice many books.
                            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

65, though I'm not 100% sure. Like, there are a lot of books there and I can't remember what I have. I'm pretty sure I must have at least one book written by someone living in Berlin (I definitely have a few by dead authors who used to live here!) but not totally positive. I do have a lot of old books and fancy editions, plus most genres. My signed collection will also grow, because I like going to readings (maybe Irvine Welsh in April?)

Comment

Working...
                              X