which kind of witch are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: which kind of witch are you?

I am a Satanic Dark Overlord of Sorcery of Destruction and Death.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?

But I'm not a witch at all!

Hehe. Anyhow, I don't really think of myself as any sort of witch, and in fact often have trouble telling which witch is which without delving into the specifics of their practices. When ever I do any sort of magical working, everything I do revolves around the usage of runes. I'v found that pretty much anything that you wish to achieve can be done with them. Sort of like they say "there's an app for that", well, there's a rune for that, too.

Comment

Just a witch, in the generally accepted definition of the word.

On occasion the other "itch" that starts with a b.

Comment

Why dont we start with all the options? Then continue on to define them? Then I might pick one lol Im not sure, just always considered myself Wiccan...

Comment

Really interesting to see all the differents paths you all follow

Comment

Originally posted by Luna View Post
              Really interesting to see all the differents paths you all follow
              And this was just those who identify as witches, which probably isn't even half the forum population! We're a mixed bunch alright, but it works. In this community, I get to exchange with members who encourage my more imaginative passions, magical activity, and spiritual pursuits, and other's who keep me grounded and remind me to check my rear-view mirror for reality. I LOVE IT!!
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Does using heka make me a heka magician?
                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I am an eclectic solitary Druid.

Without going out the door, you can know the ways of the world.
                  Without looking out your window, you can see the Way of Heaven.
                  The farther you go, the less you know.
                  Thus the Sage knows without travelling, sees without looking, does without doing.

Comment

I like the term 'Pick-N-Mix' like the candy bins at the cinema. But more Pagan.

I like to take a little of this and a little of that and mix it all together into one big sticky mass that all eventually ends up tasting like licorice.

Wicca was too structured and impersonal to me. I like Hedge Craft a lot, I'm a full-on Kitchen With because I love to cook, I'd love to be a Garden Witch but I have a black thumb, and my faith is closer to Celtic Reconstructionism and Heathenism. But with Athena, Isis, Bastet, Erzulie, some Mayan bits, and Kwan Yin thrown in because diversity is fun.

I also like 'Screaming Heathen' when I'm around family. The ones who get it giggle, and the ones who don't back away and leave me alone. And that's how I like it.
                    She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

Cultural differences have always fascinates me, which leads to me embracing all sorts of belief systems and their magickal practices. That makes me an eclectic., And although practice my hereditary shamanic tradition, I lean toward Northern Heathenry a lot.

Originally posted by October View Post
                      I also like 'Screaming Heathen' when I'm around family. The ones who get it giggle, and the ones who don't back away and leave me alone. And that's how I like it.
                      That being said, I'd often call myself a "Heathen", just to see how the hardcore conservationist would react. The term "Heathen" being somewhat aggressive sounding just adds the joy of seeing people's skin crawl upon hearing my answer.
                      lol :devil:

Comment

Originally posted by Niall_Leppu View Post
                        That being said, I'd often call myself a "Heathen", just to see how the hardcore conservationist would react. The term "Heathen" being somewhat aggressive sounding just adds the joy of seeing people's skin crawl upon hearing my answer.
                        lol :devil:
                        'Heathen', to a lot of people, means 'savage', so that amuses me. Not a lot of people outside our community understand the meaning related to an actual religion.

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

The idea of heathen being savage came from the Christian mother church...anything not in the church was heathen.(as in not civilized)
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Well, like Barbarian means anything not Roman (though originally, Scandinavian). Because they thought the Germanics languages sounded like they were saying, 'Bar bar bar'.

Silly Romans.

Comment

Personally I do not use the term "heathen" even when practitioners of Asatru/related faiths use it. Though many pagans today have adopted it, in truth the term means "unbeliever".

Comment

Originally posted by Niall_Leppu View Post
                                That being said, I'd often call myself a "Heathen", just to see how the hardcore conservationist would react.
                                Do you mean conservative? religious, or political? because....
                                <-----hardcore conservationist, not a conservative (religious or political)

...also, in my experience, lots of Heathens are politically (and religiously) conservative, they just aren't Christian
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X