Hi:)-new to paganism in general

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi:)-new to paganism in general

Hey my name's Dan I was raised a very soft Christian but it was never much for me as I'm gay and as much as I tried I couldn't manage a religion that basically required me to live my life as a nun anyways I'm new to Paganism, although
    I have been studying pretty much all of the major pagan paths now for about 3 years but never spiritually. In the past it was always just a slight interest in reconstructionism because I'm quite fond of history but recently, in the past 6 months I've realised that a lot of pagan philosophies make a lot more sense than my prior Christian beliefs. Anyways I'm quite a passionate pantheist, I don't believe in a god(s) that is sentient or has human like characteristics. Instead I believe that what has been venerated as deity over the millennia is nature, as in the energy that is the universe and is every single one of us. Everything has a soul and all these bits of souls or bits of energy combined form the universe which is a timeless omnipotent omniscient being but not omnibenevolent. In the same way that the sea, a raw primordial power is all powerful but not necessarily a caring force. I believe that as all things are connected via their individual soul or aura that makes them unique and all these unique auras together form the universe or deity. As humans have the greatest brain capacity out of all the beings in the universe we are capable of tapping into this universal energy through intense concentration, whether it's prayer, meditation or magic. I also believe that all gods were invented by people so as to have a totem to represent this force and give it a more human feel so as to ensure easier communication between man and the universe, although worship of nature in it's raw form is also possible and to be encouraged. On the gods note I feel personally drawn towards the Olympian Greek gods for my own personal veneration of the universe as I believe them to be most representative of the arch types that they're supposed to represent e.g. love, wisdom etc. Anyways do my beliefs have a name or is there a pagan path out there that can accommodate what I believe? In the past on other forums people have said I'm everything from Hellenistic reconstructionist, Hellenic Wiccan, soft polytheist, atheist pantheist to druid! I know a label isn't necessary but I think if I had one it'd be easier to relate my beliefs to family and friends all feedback appreciated thanks

P.S. Just to clarify I don't believe that the Greek gods are figments of peoples imaginations, I believe them to be another aspect of the universe I've already mentioned and that by viewing the universe through it's guise of Athena or Zeus we are able to envision it better for worship. If that makes sense.

Re: Hi-new to paganism in general

welcome to the forum Dan hope you will like it here. One of the great things about paganism is that it covers so many things, you can make your own path, it doesn't have to have a label if it doesn't fit anywhere in particular
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Welcome to our forum, Dan!
      I agree with Iris here.
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
        "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your time with us! :3

Comment

Welcome to the family Dan, I also agree with Iris, and it is only you that decides which path you want to follow. Just do whatever you feel is the right thing for you, and if you have Greek God or Godess you work with you can always ask for guidance. There is a lot of information on this forum, which I think would be really helpful to you

Comment

Hello and welcome, Dan. Like others have said, don't worry about the idea of not following the "right" path. The right path is the one that's right for you. There are a lot of great, informative threads here for you to check out. If you have any questions, please ask them!
              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
              X