Code of Silence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code of Silence

Funny how you find a light in the middle of darkness, and no one knows, but you. Am I ashamed of my rebirth hell no, I am what I am (sorry for the Popeye refrence) but in trying to tell my family, it probably won't happen. Wife is a strict Roman Catholic, tried to talk to her about other paths and to no resolve. I don't think the kids will have a problem, as I raised them to keep a open mind, and they will. I guess it is better for me right now to share silence, until better times......

Re: Code of Silence

Sadly a lot of people have closed minds when it comes to religion. I share my path with my husband who has a very open and seeking mind, but not with his family or mine. They are all strict Catholics and Christians and its not worth the battle I know there will be. Practice what you believe to be right and hope that in respecting others beliefs they will in turn respect yours. Sending you warm light!

Comment

I also have the same issues with the Catholic / Christian faith on both sides of the coin. My wife was raised methodist and I catholic. Fortunatly she has an open mind yet she does not share the same belief system that I do which makes us a team. I respect her religion and path as so does she with mine. Only my mother (who I refer to as a natural witch) is knowledgable and in fact has assisted me in my path choices.

Comment

ive always been pretty open about my faith, for the most part haven't had to many problems outside of school.
        people either accept it or they dont

Comment

Originally posted by mmc411 View Post
          Funny how you find a light in the middle of darkness, and no one knows, but you. Am I ashamed of my rebirth hell no, I am what I am (sorry for the Popeye refrence) but in trying to tell my family, it probably won't happen. Wife is a strict Roman Catholic, tried to talk to her about other paths and to no resolve. I don't think the kids will have a problem, as I raised them to keep a open mind, and they will. I guess it is better for me right now to share silence, until better times......
          I've been in nearly the same situation for about 5 years now (wife's Calvinist and I haven't even considered discussing it with her because I know exactly how it would turn out). I'm just keeping it between myself and the Gods for now and waiting to see what the future brings.

Comment

It's hard to be open. I have, for the most part, a Catholic family. My parents are Catholic. I told my mother first and she was and is pretty accepting. I told my father second and he got into a whole emotional thing (which is typical of him) and was saying stuff like 'you were baptized', 'I failed,' blah, blah, blah, etc... He's somewhat accepting. When I celebrate the Sabbats I can tell them or wish them, for example, a Happy Samhain. Which is nice, but I don't often include them in my rituals. My brother-in-law knows about me being Wiccan and a couple years back told me I was worshiping a false god. I don't talk about it with him or my sister. They're strictly Catholic and have a son. When I am over at their house I still do pray with them (though do not cross myself) and say an inner prayer to my personal deities. I do still go to Christmas Mass. It's a mixture sometimes. My grandmother is a staunch Catholic and there is no way in the underworld that I could tell her. So it depends on your family and friends. Sometimes silence is best. Sometimes you have to take the chance and if they don't accept it, then don't talk about it. Good luck hon!
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
            X