Im seeking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im seeking

Hello. Ive reached the point in my life where I believe there is a deeper meaning to life, my life, than what I have been associated with so far . So far, ive been taking the path of doing all the things in life that most would consider a noble adventure, goal , accomplishments, etc...but still have this void in my heart which I feel profoundly. Im not looking for a proverbial 'crutch' to help me along nor am I seeking a 'new religious experience' of some type...but....im seeking a very profound deep ultimate meaning and purpose to my life and one that I would suppose could be called Universal. I think all humans are essentially trying to find that. So, im open to hear what quest you have found that gives you that. Thanks.

Re: Im seeking

I'm an eclectic pagan, so I'm forming my own path. I spent years researching organized religions before coming to the conclusion that while all of them have at least one great idea, none of them worked for me. They were someone else's idea of spirituality--I needed my own.

So, the path that I've formed for myself has brought me to work with entities that will give me a guiding hand (but not a hand to hold) in the things I wish to accomplish. I work with Kwan Yin, compassion, mercy, and healing very important to me, and it's given me someone to reach to when it's far beyond me, and the joy of doing good things not only in my name, but in the name of someone who is doing far more than I ever could.

Most importantly, it's given me a sense of spiritual fulfillment. Of peace. Of no longer wondering "well, what's out there and why don't I feel right here?". My path is new--only a few years old--and I continue to study both organized religion and ideas of spirituality. If something makes sense with me and my path, I'll include it. If it doesn't, I discard it.

Hope that helps.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Re: Im seeking

Originally posted by Seeking a Religion View Post
      Im not looking for a proverbial 'crutch' to help me along nor am I seeking a 'new religious experience' of some type...but....im seeking a very profound deep ultimate meaning and purpose to my life and one that I would suppose could be called Universal. I think all humans are essentially trying to find that. So, im open to hear what quest you have found that gives you that. Thanks.
      What you are looking for – the ultimate purpose to human life – can be discovered when you are sure about your metaphysical and cosmological beliefs. Metaphysics has to do with the ultimate nature of reality and first principles. Cosmology has to do with the origin of the cosmos as well as life. Comtemplating these should help you arrive to the right teleology, that is, the right views about the meaning or purpose of the cosmos and human life.

If you are academically inclined I would say get some books about Pagan or polytheistic religions that appeal to you. A book does not necessarily have to be about a religion – it can be one that expresses a religious worldview. For example, Cyril Bailey's The Religion of Ancient Rome is about Roman Paganism whereas Vergil's Aeneid expresses a Classical or Roman Pagan worldview. My own worldview is derived from Classical works by Vergil and Ovid.

One last thing. Your worldview mustn't be complex just to have a profound or ultimate meaning or purpose to human life and yours. Simplicity is such a golden thing. What's difficult is sticking to a new, good worldview and confidently acting according to it.

I hope this is helpful.

Comment

Working...
      X