'Stuck' with Scrying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Stuck' with Scrying

So for a long time I seem to be 'stuck' with my scrying work. I use a regular mirror for scrying. I've tried other mediums: black mirrors, crystal ball, flames, water, et al, but regular mirrors seem to work the best for me. With this method I can definitely get some results, just not sufficient results. When I gaze into the mirror, after staring really intently, I start to feel my eyes unfocus and my mind go blank. Then, the whole of the mirror, and the whole of my vision, becomes sort of a bright flash of light. It's kind of the visual sensation I get when I'm in a hot bathtub and I stand up too fast, or when I've had high fevers. Sometimes it's accompanied by 'visuals' (that is, abstract psychedelic patterns), but not always. But that's all I get. Just as it feels as if I'm entering some trance-state, my vision snaps back to my reflection. I can do this over and over again, but I've never gotten farther than this point. Have any of you encountered this before, and do you have any suggestions?

Re: 'Stuck' with Scrying

I think that being able to retain that state of consciousness comes with practice and with time. I would also perhaps examine the surroundings in which you are working - the environment can play a large role in your ability to focus adequately. I often use scents and lighting to assist me in creating the "mood", so to speak.

Comment

Working...
    X