I literally know nothing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I literally know nothing...

Hi! My nickname is Kiki. My friend gave me the nickname in middle school after I made her watch Kiki's Delivery Service with me. If you know that movie, you get major points in my book. If not, that's okay. It is a charming movie, and I find it funny that she named me after a young witch all those years ago.

Like I said in the title, I don't know anything, and that is a weird position to be in for me. I threw in the word "literally," because I am from Southern California and many of us here like to exaggerate to make a point.

I have always been in a position where I have known generally what I was doing. Okay, maybe not entirely, but whatever I was into at the time, I knew it inside and out. Spiritually, I was a Christian for most of my life. Christian elementary, middle, and high school. I was active member in my college youth group for the first couple years. You know that story. I was known as the logical one in church discussion groups, and peers would often ask my opinion on subjects, because they knew I was a bookworm, and chances where I read that topic into the ground.

Long story short, about two years ago after a series of unforeseen events, my perspective drastically changed. Looking back, it seems obvious that my spiritual outlook would eventually boomerang, but at the time it was emotionally dramatic and unexpected. Most of my friends still don't know that I am no longer identify as a Christian, even though they question why I don't come around on Sundays anymore. After that, I settled into existential nihilism for a while. That was fun, and by "fun," I actually mean super depressing and directionless.

If I had to define myself now, I guess I would say that I am an Agnostic Pantheist. Before, I saw God as a clockmaker, and the universe was his creation. Now, all I see is the clock, and we are all part of the clock, good and bad, for better or for worse.

Now, I find myself on the cusp of something new, something I never would have conceived possible for me two years ago: paganism and chaos magick. Fantastic! My past self would have keeled over, after praying for my redemption first, of course.

I have never joined a forum before, so posting anything feels kind of weird, and I have no idea where to start learning. I want to know it all! I want to know about and acknowledge the Wheel of the Year. I want to know the differences and similarities between philosophies of Druids, Luciferians, Wiccans, Chaos Witches, etc.

So, that was my mini novel. I don't talk this much in real life, I swear! Just in case all that was super boring, here are some things about me off the top of my head: I am 24, I love cats and the rain, my favorite season is winter, I may or may not own more eyeshadow than I will ever use up, my favorite subjects in school were psychology and literature, and I can't decide if 1984 or Fahrenheit 451 ​is my favorite book.

I know no other pagans to converse with, so sorry for my ignorance. If anyone has any book or website recommendations, I would greatly appreciate it!

Re: I literally know nothing...

Hi, Kiki, and welcome to Pagan Forum!

Don't worry too much about being new at things - even with the forum. As you have a look around, it will come to you on how to post/what to do and not to do/etc.

If you have any specific questions, there are plenty of individuals boards within the forum in which to ask. Questions aside, feel free to reply to any existing topics that may pique your interest. Not sure how familiar you are with the way that forums work, but it's not too complex.

I'm sure you'll find your feet soon enough.

Comment

Welcome kiki it's a sweet movie ^^
      I dabbled a bit with chaos magic myself when I started. Seems like you've come to the right place, and if you love cats you'll fit right in (there's an army of cat lovers).
      hope you like it here
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Hello and welcome to PF!!
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Greetings and welcome, Kiki. I hope you'll enjoy your stay here at PF. The community provides a positive environment for all paths and is a great place to learn.

As for cats and Studio Ghibli films, welcome aboard!
          "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

Hi, Kiki!
            Welcome to the forum
            I loved that movie!!!
            I've always found the idea of chaos magick fascinating, though I have never tried it myself.
            Anyways, I think you'll like it here

Comment

Welcome to the forum and im the same I know nowt too but I've learnt so much from this forum and im still learning

Comment

Welcome! There's nothing wrong with being new. There's a lot of information here, so please feel free to look around. And if you have questions, ask! There are many knowledgeable people here.
                Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Greetings and welcome to the forum You should definitivt have a look at the cat army I think this is a good and positive forum, don't be afraid of asking questions There is a lot of information on all sorts of topics here enjoy

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Belated welcome

Comment

Working...
                      X