Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

My journey has been a long and hard one in fact I'm not even sure what I am anymore. I started out raised in a Protestant Christian family not strict easy going, I became skeptical early on. Now I float in and out of atheism and am very interested in paganism and ancient religions. I found the Sith religion through my love of Starwars growing up and I talked with people online about the reality of the Sith philosophy as a religion and life viewpoint. In response to the Jedi religion which is more of a humanist knockoff of Buddhist practices (not that theirs anything wrong with practicing the Jedi religion it could be more uniquely reformed.) The Sith religion at least the one I follow seeks to define its spirituality as a more in depth vista of the universe and the energy that flows through it. I seek to learn all about the Ancient spirituality of man. I believe that in the Ancient religions there is a hidden truth that we may discover by studying them and I hope to learn much on this forum.

Re: Hello

Hello and welcome. We have at least one adherent of Jedi philosophy here, too. Hopefully some interesting discussions will ensue.

Comment

Welcome to our forum, Sith!
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Greetings and welcome.
        "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
          Hello and welcome. We have at least one adherent of Jedi philosophy here, too. Hopefully some interesting discussions will ensue.
          Technically, I list Jedi under religion because it amuses me not so much because I seriously classify myself as one. I could with a bit of effort create a pbilosophy based around the Jedi that I could work with but...

then I'd have to develop a more expansive supply of mercy and tone down my random acts of wrath. Where would we all be then?
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Welcome, Sith A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!
              I've also always found that I could resonate with the Sith code better than the Jedi code, also thought it was possible to live by. How do you incorporate it into your life, if I may ask? I gathered that it shapes the way you look at the world but is there any ritual or so to it? (Ritual as in, something you do ritually/consequently. Not necessarily something super complicated.) I'm interested!

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
              Technically, I list Jedi under religion because it amuses me not so much because I seriously classify myself as one. I could with a bit of effort create a pbilosophy based around the Jedi that I could work with but...

then I'd have to develop a more expansive supply of mercy and tone down my random acts of wrath. Where would we all be then?
              Oh no ! :=o: A life void of those two things sounds dreadful. The balance, think about the balance!

Comment

Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here!

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post

A Sith?
                Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Hi!
                  Welcome the forum, Sith
                  I'd love to hear more about the Sith religion and how you incorporate it into your life as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
                    I don't actually seek to combat the Jedi spiritually, while some Sith do the sect that I follow only combats the Jedi when they get in our way of spiritual practices and try to alter or destroy our philosophy. I hold no ill will towards the Jedi and respect them as my spiritual opponent , however it is the Monotheistic Abrahamic faiths that draw much of my ire and criticism for it is they that seek to imprison the Sith spirituality and even physically if one delves into the deep reasons behind their sociology.

Originally posted by kazumi View Post
                    Welcome, Sith A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!
                    I've also always found that I could resonate with the Sith code better than the Jedi code, also thought it was possible to live by. How do you incorporate it into your life, if I may ask? I gathered that it shapes the way you look at the world but is there any ritual or so to it? (Ritual as in, something you do ritually/consequently. Not necessarily something super complicated.) I'm interested!

Oh no ! :=o: A life void of those two things sounds dreadful. The balance, think about the balance!
                    Originally posted by SleepingCompass View Post
                    Hi!
                    Welcome the forum, Sith
                    I'd love to hear more about the Sith religion and how you incorporate it into your life as well!
                    I follow the Sith code :

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
                    Through passion, I gain strength.
                    Through strength, I gain power.
                    Through power, I gain victory.
                    Through victory, my chains are broken.
                    The Force shall free me.

The code is what guides my philosophical thoughts about the universe, the Sith faith is essentially like the Confucian faith a set of principles to guide ones life with minor spiritual practices added. The code represents our deeper philosophy of mostly social Darwinism and Darwinism physically, Evolution etc. Let me say first and foremost the Sith believes primarily in science because it shows us the reality that we inhabit and secondly a Sith believes in the hidden spiritual world that can not be fully understood by the living creatures in this existence, however the belief is that it is there and may manifest itself through the energy of the universe the "force" similar to many eastern concepts although I personally believe a force can be found in religions all over the world like Maat in Egypt or Seidr in Norse mythology. A Sith strives to work on this hidden connection to the spiritual world because a Sith's only goal is to become a God in a sense power is the only goal of a Sith. Incorporating this into daily life is by our philosophy so dealing with everyday circumstances and our issues we usually think deeply and consult our teachings before acting. Spiritually we study all types of Ancient beliefs and practices but the only physical thing we do is meditate or something similar and try to work on feeling the currents of the hidden world.

Comment

Belated welcome.

Comment

Working...
                      X