Moving into centuries old apartment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving into centuries old apartment

I'm going to be studying in Italy for a few months and will be living with other students in 500 year old apartments. I'm still a budding new witch, but my guts tell me that a building that old is going to have some interesting things going on magically speaking, like neat old energies or something like that.

What do you think? How do I get in touch with said energies? What are some ways I can protect the place? (Fire and smoke is against the land lords policy unfortunately) I've heard from somewhere that mirrors can be a pretty powerful protection/reflector of negative energy.

Throw as many ideas at me as you can! I'm excited to finally start being a witch!

Re: Moving into centuries old apartment

Me, I'm terrified of ghosts, so I wouldn't want to contact them. Salt is my go-to for protection; if it's not feasible to put it it around every entrance (doors, windows), keep dishes of salt in rooms.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
      Me, I'm terrified of ghosts, so I wouldn't want to contact them. Salt is my go-to for protection; if it's not feasible to put it it around every entrance (doors, windows), keep dishes of salt in rooms.
      Alright, salt is the most readily available option so I'll definitely try that. I don't think I'd try contacting ghosts, (sounds too scary) I really just want a clean, negative energy fres workspace.

Comment

Hmmmmm, I don't really know. It depends. Buildings don't really have interesting energies just because they are old. I've been living in Europe for a decade and have lived in and been in buildings of all ages (or building sites of all ages). I think that most of the time, the energies of past residents just sort of dissipates after a while, like they know that they don't really belong there anymore. Even in Berlin (and most of Germany), which had a pretty traumatic experience fairly recently (Berlin and most German cities were bombed to rubble by 1945...I'm pretty sure my own building was a bomb site) hauntings aren't commonplace. They happen, but I wouldn't say that people experience them all that frequently. I'd just go in with open expectations. If you expect a haunting, you'll be jumping at every other noise, and old buildings do creak, from totally mundane causes.

As for what to do to cleanse the place, maybe try some essential oils in a water diffuser instead of smoke? I'm allergic to smoke, so that's what I do

Comment

So what if you see or sense a ghost? Chances are, they've been there far longer than you have. Don't worry about it. Instead of cleansing or banishing, talk to whoever is there, make friends with them, ask for their advice even.

I live in an extremely active place... we all muddle along somehow
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I am thinking if I have a ghost here in my apartment,then they gonna have to split the rent...
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

The cottage I live in currently, was built in the 1800s, and is planted right by the boarder of a pretty dense forest. It tends to become very animated in my home due to forest sprites and a spirit (never like to use the term ghost.) that was here before I moved in. Shes an eldery woman (I found out due to sightings of her and asking for the previous occupancy records from town hall. She was the only one who died of old age here.) and was very against my presence in the home- after all, it was all hers. She would break my chinaware, slam doors, and loved turning on the radio.

I'm not afraid of spirits, because they can't really harm you themselves. Yes, they can probably try to throw objects at you, but thats only if you sass them and call Ghost busters on their arse. I simple hung up sliced lemons and black peppers in the doorways and places I stood in the most. It kept her at bay, and irritated/drained her negative energy. I then went on to tell her that I was the new owner of the home and didn't wish to throw her out or spoil her peace. But if she kept up with her bad behaviour, the lemons and peppers would be continued to be put up, and eventually she would have to leave.

She came to copes some time later, and now she went back to doing her own thing. She doesn't harass us, but will occasionally show herself. It's a pretty stable relationship now.
              "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

Working...
              X