Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Government is full of really stupid people.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Government is full of really stupid people.

What is with the personal vendetta trip with the political parties...even to the point of cutting off funding for homeland security.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...curity-funding

Word to the freaking Government types...this is not a game we can play right now,with the state of the world in general...
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Government is full of really stupid people.

elected officials have help getting elected...
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
      elected officials have help getting elected...
      Stupid people + stupid voting = stupid people in government.

It is well past time to acknowledge that We, the people, are responsible for bad government.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I can't remember which comedian said this, but I really wish governments had to wear the logo of which organizations sponsored them.
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

...my two cents :sick:
          I don't think our votes "we the People" vote,
          it's all up to the electorial college's vote; they
          don't have to vote the way the people want.
          Big oil wouldn't want just anyone elected, they
          want some they can mold into their puppet !
          Gentle Light
          MsMollimizz

Comment

Originally posted by MsMollimizz View Post

it's all up to the electorial college's vote

That only counts for the President, and in the general scheme of things, he's one guy (albeit with veto power, nominating ability, and executive authority).

I think its unfortunate that he's the only one people show up to vote for...considering the position is relatively unimportant when it comes to who actually decides the laws and rules we live by.

School boards, city councils, state representatives, county boards, mayors, governors, congressmen....these are the people that make the laws and set the policy. And if you don't vote for them, someone else will.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MsMollimizz View Post
              ...my two cents :sick:
              I don't think our votes "we the People" vote,
              it's all up to the electorial college's vote; they
              don't have to vote the way the people want.
              Big oil wouldn't want just anyone elected, they
              want some they can mold into their puppet !
              Gentle Light
              MsMollimizz
              The electoral college has a say regarding the President. It has no say whatsoever in the 535 voting federal legislators, 50 governors, crap-ton of state legislators that I can't be bothered to count or any local government official. If you intend to say the only vote that matters is the presidential one then you have entirely missed the point of how the US government is structured.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                That only counts for the President, and in the general scheme of things, he's one guy (albeit with veto power, nominating ability, and executive authority).

I think its unfortunate that he's the only one people show up to vote for...considering the position is relatively unimportant when it comes to who actually decides the laws and rules we live by.

School boards, city councils, state representatives, county boards, mayors, governors, congressmen....these are the people that make the laws and set the policy. And if you don't vote for them, someone else will.
                And the truly pathetic thing is this:

A person's vote in the local elections has far, far, far more power and effect in local elections than it has in national elections.

Case in point? Local votes can legalize marijuana even when the federal government says marijuana is illegal, and, literally, force the federal government to change federal laws.

Too bad we can't apply that lesson to things that are so much more important than the "right" to smoke a fat Marley.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I want to agree that we the people (the dumb people) vote for dumb politicians. But honestly those politicians don't go about saying things like yeah, I'm gonna send pics of my shlong to ladies. Or yeah, I'm going to run up tax payer bills getting my hair did. Or you know..if we run out of funds for Homeland security...it's ok. No one will ever say that before elected. And I honestly am not a detective to go dig into these people. They ALL look effing shady as Fudge. It's hard to tell the honest ones from the scum. It's not all our fault. The politicians run wild with power.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

So true Duce,if only they would say enough stupid stuff to mark them as to crazy to be in government....UT,when they are in an office,and start saying and doing crazy,do we re-elect them over and over again..I am of the opinion(and I do not exclude myself here) there is no such thing as a Ward Clever or his wife June. Truly there is only the thinly veiled crazy core of humanity,that pretends to be those Legend parents who inhabit our fantasies on TV...

Woe unto the human race,we are eternally cursed to be as crazy as we think everybody else is..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      I want to agree that we the people (the dumb people) vote for dumb politicians. But honestly those politicians don't go about saying things like yeah, I'm gonna send pics of my shlong to ladies. Or yeah, I'm going to run up tax payer bills getting my hair did. Or you know..if we run out of funds for Homeland security...it's ok. No one will ever say that before elected. And I honestly am not a detective to go dig into these people. They ALL look effing shady as Fudge. It's hard to tell the honest ones from the scum. It's not all our fault. The politicians run wild with power.
                      “He's an honest politician--he stays bought.”
                      ― Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land

It is naif to look for Holy Saint Jebus to ride in on a white horse and save us all. If such a person entered politics, he/she would be wiped out before anybody knows his/her name.

Instead, what you want is an honest crook - one who knows his or her fortunes are tied directly to the interest of his/her voters, while padding his/her off-shore accounts and screwing prostitutes.

Case in point:

The governor of, Michigan Rick (the Dick) Snyder, has destroyed the unions here. He claims that this makes businesses more profitable... which is true. Without unions, ALL employee's wages go down (even those in non-union jobs), which means that companies make more money by paying workers less, and eliminating full time jobs in favor of part time jobs, which pay less in benefits.

Or, more bluntly - the rich get richer while the poor get poorer.

This opens up an opportunity for a candidate. Return the power of the unions to the unions. When this happens, ALL employees benefit by increased wages and better protection of worker rights.

Or, more bluntly - the rich continue to get richer while the poor do much better.

I would vote for such a candidate. I don't care if he/she takes graft from the unions because that benefits me (and you) in the same way that the other guy, taking graft from business owners, benefits the business owners.

We need to be realistic, not idealistic.

Comment

Problem is people get into politics now not to be "Mr. Smith" but to get in a position to gain wealth by controlling the deck of political cards to bet for or against.

A fixed game will benefit someone,but someone must also lose for the money to flow...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

When the game is fixed, learn how the deck is marked.

Or consign yourself to being a looser.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            To be fair, some of them do say stupid things like that... Someone votes for them anyway. Though, to be fair, not a ton of people vote for joe Biden... His stupid words have got too much publication...
                            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Seeing as it's mostly Americans (if not all) commenting on this thread, anyone interested should watch this video. It's a take from a tv series, and talks a bit on the path America is going politically wise. It's a must watch if you ask me.
                              http://youtu.be/VMqcLUqYqrs

I don't think either party has the answers in solving our countries problem. And when you get those who have their own agendas voted into office, it only adds to the problem. One of our biggest problems is the blame game. We take so much time blaming the opposing party, instead of figuring out solutions to better the situation. I think it's time for a third party to enter office, having control of one of the branches of government, be it house, senate, or presidential. Will it happen in the next 10 years? It's a crab shoot. I really don't care who takes office at this point from either party, because they won't focus on problems that we need to address in this country. Basically, you have a choice of decapitation via sword or axe, but which one seems more appealing to you?
                              "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
                              And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
                              They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
                              The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
                              - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X