Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A Question On Animals In Druidry

Oct 2011
    Religion
    Staroverci

Re: A Question On Animals In Druidry

I'm actually genuinely curious about these lost references. Druidry and Celtic history isn't one of my strong suits, but I'd say it's a bit more than a passing interest too. If you ever find some of those sources, I'd be interested in adding a few to my reading list.

Aug 2015
    Religion
    Druid
    Phrase
    The only dumb question, that would be asked in earnest, is the one that you did not ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Ljubezen View Post
    I'm actually genuinely curious about these lost references. Druidry and Celtic history isn't one of my strong suits, but I'd say it's a bit more than a passing interest too. If you ever find some of those sources, I'd be interested in adding a few to my reading list.
    I have been spending some time looking today and am surprised at how much new material is out there but how little of the original text remain. It was much easier to get my hand on these things when I had the user name and password of a history professor, now I am finding they are requiring you to be somehow in the business. It really gets my conspiracy side up and running. I will do what I can to get the information but this is going to take some time.

Oct 2011
    Religion
    Staroverci

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheWaters View Post
    I have been spending some time looking today and am surprised at how much new material is out there but how little of the original text remain. It was much easier to get my hand on these things when I had the user name and password of a history professor, now I am finding they are requiring you to be somehow in the business. It really gets my conspiracy side up and running. I will do what I can to get the information but this is going to take some time.
    I know what you mean. When my username expired in my university's database I lost access to a lot of things that I took for granted for those years. But considering those articles are pay-per-read and universities pay for them to be accessible, it makes sense.

Still, it makes me want to go after a grad program just for the library access again. :P

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

JSTOR has a free account that lets you "check out" up to 10 articles a month.
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible