Religious exemptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Religious exemptions

How about not having to have the proper license to drive a bus?
    Mississippi lawmakers are once again tackling the big issues in the state. The highest poverty rate of any state in the country? Hahahaha ... no.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Re: Religious exemptions

If it takes a special license there's probably a reason -.-' I don't get this...
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I love the name: Jesus Take the Wheel Act...
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I love the name too! But the whole thing makes no sense to me.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
          I love the name too! But the whole thing makes no sense to me.
          Maybe the idea is that it is better for kids to go to church functions in danger than to not go and be safe (or fork over some bucks to hire a driver)?

(that's intended as sarcasm. It looks wrong to me as well)

At any rate, it's a church thing. No doubt whatever happens will all be part of God's Big Plan*.

*God's Big Plan is code for dumb things humans do but prefer to pawn off on a deity
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Having had a license in California to transport people(besides transporting stuff for the company,we also had a few passengers) the type was between a normal drivers license and a full truck drivers one. Mainly the test for it was concerning safety,and special rules of the road about stopping at a railroad crossing to insure it was safe to cross,even if the barrier was not down. Here in the Jersey area and NY there was a train hitting a car just recently BTW.

I understood completely why there was a need for the special license...also had nothing to do with Jesus taking the wheel,cause if I had seen him,I should not have been driving I think.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

... Ithink there needs to be a sign on that bus that says "I dont have the proper dl to drive this."

- - - Updated - - -

add "Jesus is at the wheel."
              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I can understand, if not agree with, the exemptions for selling birth control or miniskirts or whatever, but if anyone can direct me to any verse in the bible, no matter how poorly translated, that makes this OK, I'm curious to see it.

At the least, the church could designate a driver and take up a special collection for their licensing fees.
                sigpic

Comment

Ya know? I don't have a problem with this. If people not licensed to drive these types of buses want to drive them and take their faith in Jesus at the wheel..then more power to them. I mean surely Jesus wouldn't let an incompetent unlicensed driver drive around his faithful, now would he? And if they get into a car accident due to improper driving...well surely they deserved it. And the survivors can spend their lives wondering what horrible sin they committed to get themselves into this mess. And when they go to heaven God will say 'You should have had a licensed driver dumb dumb.'
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I am beginning to wonder if Christians get "special" exemptions is it because they are "Special" as in they get to ride the short bus??

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                      I am beginning to wonder if Christians get "special" exemptions is it because they are "Special" as in they get to ride the short bus??
                      Well if you want special people, just keep letting unlicensed drivers drive these buses. Eventually they are all one accident away from veggie special.

Comment

Duce,I am SHOCKED at your unkind assumption that drivers would not know how to drive.....well not actually shocked,more like amused that you are so certain that they are not already a bit brain damaged.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I'm going to be completely blunt here.

This is the dumbest thing I have ever read when it comes to operating a motor vehicle. I'm trying not to over think this because I feel like there's a lot of information left out... But seriously? This is stupid.

Actually, this sound so completely asinine that I'm now thinking... Is this a hoax? It's not April fools yet.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I double checked before I posted it here ......I wish it was a hoax, but if you google "Jesus take the wheel mississippi" - there are multiple reports of this. It IS asinine, and I really hope the Senate won't pass it. There've been a lot of odd bills lately - mostly there, and in Oklahoma & Alabama. This one really takes the cake, though. What a gross misuse of time and money. And it's an embarassment that our politicians are dreaming up this kind of thing instead of, oh I don't know, fixing infrastructure and creating jobs?
                            Last edited by Hawkfeathers; 18 Feb 2015, 12:52.
                            sigpic

Comment

I could volunteer to drive this bus. Then drive to a strip club. Claim 'Satan took the wheel from me'. Right?

Comment

Working...
                              X