Favorite story?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite story?

What is your favorite story from the eddas, or other sagas from Norse mythology? If you have a favorite quote or stanza, feel free to share it. I've read the majority of all the poetic and prose, along with much of Frithiofs saga. I'm always welcomed to hear something new.
    "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
    And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
    They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
    The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
    - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Re: Favorite story?

I'm not a Heathen, but my favorite is the one about Thor crossdressing to get His hammer back.. I giggle every time I think of it, then hope not to be struck by lightning.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I have a couple.

• Thrymskvida, the bridal story.
      • Harbardsljod (Lay of Harbardr), Thor's flyting with Harbard (most likely Odin).
      • The fight with Hrungnir.
      • Thor's visit to Utgard-Loki.
      • Lokasenna.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
      I'm not a Heathen, but my favorite is the one about Thor crossdressing to get His hammer back.. I giggle every time I think of it, then hope not to be struck by lightning.
      I think about the look of utter disgust Thor gives to Heimdall when Heimdall suggests Thor dress as the bride.
      śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
      śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

Originally posted by Thorbjorn View Post
        I think about the look of utter disgust Thor gives to Heimdall when Heimdall suggests Thor dress as the bride.
        Ha, that part has always pleased me greatly!

My favourite stories are (Ref the Sly), , and the Vinland Sagas, (and ).
        "The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are in the right."--Mark Twain

"There are only two types of people in this world who walk around beardless; boys and women. I am neither one." --Ancient Greek saying

Comment

Working...
        X