Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

deities associated with both beach and conch shells?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deities associated with both beach and conch shells?

Any known deities associated with the beach as well as the conch? When ever i see these symbols their often together and I've been attempting to search the internet but i keep coming up with nothing specific thank you for your help

Re: deities associated with both beach and conch shells?

Beach and shells makes me think Poseidon. Can't think of other oceanic types,but I bet Google can..wait right here.

Well,it seems there are aquatic deities around from may cultures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_water_deities
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Ah!! Thank you so much! I've been seeing a lot of it this whole week and even in my visions and dreams ;___; you're a life saver!

Comment

I am the Google visionary,I search for weird things,and dat old man religion done send me a sign...and a good sense of humor to boot.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

So...I know what conch shells are (which is problematic on its own, since its a fairly large groups of more-or-less related species)...but what is a beach shell?

With that being said, the shankha is a shell horn associated with Vishnu...but the shell is traditionally of Turbinella pyrum. (commonly called the "divine conch") vs the actual "true conchs" which belong to Strombus gigas (biologically speaking, they are fairly closely related). Other deities associated with various conch shell symbolism include Quetzalcoatl (an Aztec god), Triton (the son of Poseidon) (horns are also made form a related species of sea snail, Charonia tritonis).
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
            So...I know what conch shells are (which is problematic on its own, since its a fairly large groups of more-or-less related species)...but what is a beach shell?

HA! The BEACH and conch shells...

lol, I totally read that wrong...

(you can totally disregard that bit then)

ETA: Psamathe is a naiad of sandy beaches, and I'd personally associate La Sirene with the beach. But there really aren't any specific deities associated with both--and mostly I worship sea deities, and collect ocean mythology and lore. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that stands out, but I'll poke around.
            Last edited by thalassa; 21 Feb 2015, 09:26.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Trust me here,Thal has the good stuff...She be the info Goddess to be sure.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Maybe I should give you extra info then?

Mmmm by the images that you've shown me, the 'conch' that continuously appears are the Strombus pugilis species, not the divine conch. And from the extra research that i've done, it seems to resemble more closely to the spiral conch that Quetzalcoatl used or received. In my dream, I think what I saw as a 'tomb' in Egypt was perhaps Tenochtitlan?? Because it looked exactly like it just from a birds eye view, everything was sandy and windy, everything covered in the sand. But Tenochtitlan isn't located in Egypt, so I'm guessing since I never even knew that Tenochtitlan even existed, the closest thing I could have connected it to was Egypt.

Comment

Working...
                X