A bindrune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bindrune

This is supposed to be a bindrune for financial success or security. I see fehu and algiz, but I cannot figure out what rune the lower left line is part of. The only thing I can think of is a mirror image fehu, to increase its power. Anyone know for sure?

welsec_bind.jpg
    śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Re: A bindrune

Nevermind. I found out that is a mirrored fehu that magnifies its power.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorbjorn View Post
      Nevermind. I found out that is a mirrored fehu that magnifies its power.
      I was gonna say it's just a mirrored Fehu/Algiz but you figured it out lol.

There are no real rules in bindrunes... you can put runes any which way you like, and mirroring a key rune is quite common.

Though personally I tend to keep all the runes in my bindrunes the 'right way round', because I'm not that concerned about the aesthetics of the end product and I don't believe that having the same rune mirrored necessarily gives that rune more 'power' within the bindrune. A rune is a rune, and runespirit is a runespirit... and the construction of a successful bindrune is much more than just drawing some symbols on a page. The symbols themselves have relatively limited 'power' alone... if you haven't constructed the bindrune properly, it'll fizzle out and just be a pretty symbol that looks cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
        I was gonna say it's just a mirrored Fehu/Algiz but you figured it out lol.

There are no real rules in bindrunes... you can put runes any which way you like, and mirroring a key rune is quite common.
        Thanks. I pride myself on being a quick study.

Though personally I tend to keep all the runes in my bindrunes the 'right way round', because I'm not that concerned about the aesthetics of the end product and I don't believe that having the same rune mirrored necessarily gives that rune more 'power' within the bindrune. A rune is a rune, and runespirit is a runespirit... and the construction of a successful bindrune is much more than just drawing some symbols on a page. The symbols themselves have relatively limited 'power' alone... if you haven't constructed the bindrune properly, it'll fizzle out and just be a pretty symbol that looks cool.
        We had a discussion on the position of runes, murkstaves and such a while back. The consensus then was that a rune is a rune is a rune. I think the case of this example, it's not so much that the rune itself has more power, but that one may focus and meditate on it more. A lot of what we accomplish comes from within us. As I'm learning runes bit by bit I can see how some runes just simply don't go together. As you said they may look pretty but they won't have any power, maybe even canceling each other out. Just what I think so far, no real knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorbjorn View Post
          We had a discussion on the position of runes, murkstaves and such a while back. The consensus then was that a rune is a rune is a rune. I think the case of this example, it's not so much that the rune itself has more power, but that one may focus and meditate on it more. A lot of what we accomplish comes from within us. As I'm learning runes bit by bit I can see how some runes just simply don't go together. As you said they may look pretty but they won't have any power, maybe even canceling each other out. Just what I think so far, no real knowledge.
          It's also in the way that you invoke the runes into the bindrune, which is where rune galdr comes in. Even if you don't do full galdr, to be a successful rune vitki you need to be able to invoke the runes and bind them together in a way that will enhance the qualities you want. Galdr and breathe work is an integral part of being able to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
            It's also in the way that you invoke the runes into the bindrune, which is where rune galdr comes in. Even if you don't do full galdr, to be a successful rune vitki you need to be able to invoke the runes and bind them together in a way that will enhance the qualities you want. Galdr and breathe work is an integral part of being able to do this.
            I love these convos... I learn so much, thanks.

OK, so it worked out really well that I stumbled on the bind rune of fehu/algiz and was thinking about it... a lot. It really stuck in my head.

Last night something happened that will help improve my financial position greatly. I planned to use my little wood burner to create it on a small wooden round. I have a bunch of them that I burned my own set of runes into. I didn't get around to it before the good fortune happened, but I fully intend to. I also said a small prayer to Freyr asking for his help, which I believe he provided. I have to make a small offering to him in thanks.

Comment

Much of fueling your bind runes come from the actual intentions inside your own streams. If you can manage to focus enough of your own stream into the outcome you are striving for in the creation of the new rune, it's power will be that of your desire. If you are making runes without any type of focus point in its objective, you're literally just drawing symbols, and insulting the gods.
              With all of that being said, very good job on a successful bind rune. Your streams fueled the actual intent, and the energy was so centralized, it was noticed by the Gods. Now would be the time to thank them.
              "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
              And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
              They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
              The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
              - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

I absolutely agree about the intent of the bind runes, and the worthlessness and even disrespect of creating things that look esoteric and exotic but have no true meaning. I have a facepalm-worthy story about someone who got a tattoo not knowing what it even means, not to mention that it was downright wrong.

Anyway, I too think you should write runes only for what you feel is necessary in your life, or to be mindful of, not making them willy-nilly... just because you can do something it doesn't necessarily follow that you should do it. I think a lot of what we get from the Gods, the runes, and things of that nature is very dependent on what we put into it. The Gods help those who help themselves. It was a "perfect storm" of things... stumbling on the rune, reading a bit about Andvari and how it's extremely important to him to pay off debts. And this is exactly what is going to happen. In the end I think it's a good thing to learn and work with the runes.

Comment

Another thought or inquiry...

I was reading about Andvari. It said that his runes are fehu and laguz. I was thinking that to write a bind rune of fehu and laguz (money and flowing), you also wind up with the shape of wunjo, joy (I used colors as a legend). Maybe that means not the joy and thrill of having money in a greedy and avaricious sense, which is offensive to Andvari, but rather the joy of peace of mind in personal finances? Not sure about this interpretation, though I kind of like it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X