This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kemetic Resources

For those who want more translation practice and to get some idea about birthing rituals (ok, that part is debatable), here's a link to the Westcar Papyrus.

my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

In my stroll across the internet I found a link to a bunch of Egyptian videos. This site is chocked full of info, but I was really drawn to this video. Robert Brier is very notable for his Egyptological research on mummies, so when I saw they had a video on the site I had to share:

my etsy store
      My blog

to descend."

Comment

Fresh off of Twitter the British Museum has uploaded the Ramesseum Papyri for everyone to see:
        The page you requested no longer exists or the address was incorrect.
        my etsy store
        My blog

to descend."

Comment

Caelia...this is more of a question than anything, but...

I found this on FB--is it reasonably legit historical? Or is it modern UPG of some sort?

ma'at ideals.jpg
          “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
          ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
          ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
            Caelia...this is more of a question than anything, but...

I found this on FB--is it reasonably legit historical? Or is it modern UPG of some sort?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1316[/ATTACH]
            It's a more "modernized" with some of the negative confessions outright inaccurate. Lemme see if I can find a link to better convey. I'm not liking the googlemancy results because it's Budge, but it's a starting point until I can find the Faulkner translation).

ADD: I should really look at the links more closely. Here you go.
            my etsy store
            My blog

to descend."

Comment

Are there surviving songs or chants to kemetic deities? (dont have to be specific deities.)
              poetry or prose? or good links for finding them myself?
              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

There are quite a few floating around the net, we just have no idea how they were played. Some people have taken a jab at it, but it's basically a wild guess.
                my etsy store
                My blog

to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
                  There are quite a few floating around the net, we just have no idea how they were played. Some people have taken a jab at it, but it's basically a wild guess.
                  fair enough, diddnt think it would be more than that though, I'll look for a few and see what I can find, thanks though!
                  http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I recommend starting with Google books, actually. You'll get more outdated translations that way, but it will give you some ground to start. Maybe I should start a thread of YouTube videos of songs and hymns...
                    my etsy store
                    My blog

to descend."

Comment

Re: Daily Ritual from Karnak

I don't reaslly understand the meaning of the word "Formula" in this case... Can somebody explain it?
                      Sorry for my poor English...
                      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Working...
                      X