Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mummification - a bit scared.

Hi everyone!
    It has been a while since my last post. So I just read this article: http://www.egyptpast.com/gods/afterlife.html
    It says that those who don't pass mummification, don't get to reach the Iaru, another word for paradise.
    Mummification was considered a very important rite, for without it the deceased would perish for all eternity and not gain the afterlife
    - paragraph 2.

I know mummification isn't popular these days, but can be done if one addresses the right people.

What do you guys think?
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Re: Mummification - a bit scared.

I would imagine if you are dead,it might be allowed if you had a letter of intent as to your last rites. I do not know the law,but in some countries they still allow outdoor burning of remains.

If you could find someone that knows how to preform the procedure I see no reason for it to be not allowed..as I said,depends on local law and custom.

- - - Updated - - -

You it seems are in luck..follow the link.

http://www.summum.us/mummification/arrange/
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      I would imagine if you are dead,it might be allowed if you had a letter of intent as to your last rites. I do not know the law,but in some countries they still allow outdoor burning of remains.

If you could find someone that knows how to preform the procedure I see no reason for it to be not allowed..as I said,depends on local law and custom.

- - - Updated - - -

You it seems are in luck..follow the link.

Thanks very much, Anu!
      I have just one question. Where do they act? I mean USA only, or is it worldwide?
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

There is another link at the bottom of the page for that site..and the link has a cost figure.

Mummification of Transference costs are integrated into at-need or pre-need arrangements.

Mummification: The current costs for Mummification services are $67,000* within the continental United States.

Mummiform/Burial Casket: You have the option of choosing an artistic Mummiform, or a capsule Mummiform along with a full couch burial casket. Artistic Mummiforms vary widely in cost, from tens of thousands of dollars to well over a hundred thousand dollars depending on how elaborate it is.

So,if you are considering it,start saving right now..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Thanks.
          Nah, I don't want anything special. The simplest coffin will do. I just want a statue of a cat above it. And my amulets with me. That's all.

I know it might sound crazy, but hey...

Comment

Not at all Gleb,some guy here was buried in his Cadillac...So,do what ever you want really..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

To be honest, I don't really think it's necessary, and I wouldn't want to put my family to the trouble. (I also wouldn't want to be cremated, though; cremation has always made me uncomfortable for some reason I can't really define.)

The Egyptians' own views about the necessity of mummification were inherently self-contradictory. They claimed it was necessary, yet they also depicted foreigners in the afterlife. Since there were enough foreign workers in Egypt to have their own cemeteries, the Egyptians had to have been aware that different groups have different burial rites. My perspective is that burial is a rite of passage, and as long as it's performed in a manner that's meaningful to that person's culture, they'll be fine.

Comment

Hell yeah! I'm dead, what do I care.

But...what do they do with the sarcophagus afterward? Do you bury it in a normal cemetery? Do you put it in your basement as the center-point of an ancestor shrine?

Can you imagine how much that would confuse future archaeologists?

I used to want a natural burial, or cremation and burial at sea...but now...

I want to become a gem. Inheritable, wearable, literal family jewelry sounds cool.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

There is in California a natural cemetery as in all the graves blend in with the natural settings,and there are no coffins. The whole place is landscaped and maintained,with tiny markers as to where the bodies are located.

Been a while since I saw the video about this,but you might find something on it in a search.

http://www.fcasocal.org/green-burial...alifornia.html

Green barial is what it is called.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

My understanding (though limited) is that the body was preserved because one of the "souls" needed to be able to return to it. Without the body that soul (I think it was called the "Ka") had nowhere to go. Likewise, the person's name had to be preserved - as in cut into stone - or another of the "souls," the "Ba" would cease to exist.

It's possible that a statue might work to replace the body, or, in modern times, perhaps a photograph...

Personally, when I am dead, I'd like to just go away, so cremation, with my ashes dumped in the compost pile (not morbidly saved in a jar) is my disposal of choice.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                      Hell yeah! I'm dead, what do I care.

But...what do they do with the sarcophagus afterward? Do you bury it in a normal cemetery? Do you put it in your basement as the center-point of an ancestor shrine?

Can you imagine how much that would confuse future archaeologists?

I used to want a natural burial, or cremation and burial at sea...but now...

I want to become a gem. Inheritable, wearable, literal family jewelry sounds cool.
                      Today, I believe, the sarcophagus is burried in the graveyard.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                      My understanding (though limited) is that the body was preserved because one of the "souls" needed to be able to return to it. Without the body that soul (I think it was called the "Ka") had nowhere to go. Likewise, the person's name had to be preserved - as in cut into stone - or another of the "souls," the "Ba" would cease to exist.

It's possible that a statue might work to replace the body, or, in modern times, perhaps a photograph...

Personally, when I am dead, I'd like to just go away, so cremation, with my ashes dumped in the compost pile (not morbidly saved in a jar) is my disposal of choice.
                      As far as I know, when there are some sort of delays in the journey in the Duat, the Ka, I think, needs to have a place to return to. I'm still not sure about how this works.

Comment

Working...
                      X