Alters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alters

What do I put on a alter to honor Bridgitt? I have candles notes and some dried flowers but I can put anything else? It feels like it isn't complete. We live in a tiny apt so it some counter space I have.

Re: Alters

Hi Wenny,

Pieces of coal, bundled corn husks, fresh yellow followers in a dark vase and also general white items (ie. altar cloth, snowy quartz, and or pottery.)

Hope that helps.
    "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

You can pretty much put what ever you like on your altar. It represents you and your connection to your god, goddess or simply your craft. Also don't forget many times people rotate the things on their altar's to match the seasons, holidays, special events, etc so there is no one size fits all.

Personally i'd research my god or goddess and find things that are special to them or create a special bond and place those things.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

My altar is dedicated to the Cailleach and Bride (Brigit). On Bride's side I have shells, pretty stones and snowdrops (when I can get them). In Scotland she's associated with adders so I hope to find an adder symbol of some kind. Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlin View Post
          My altar is dedicated to the Cailleach and Bride (Brigit). On Bride's side I have shells, pretty stones and snowdrops (when I can get them). In Scotland she's associated with adders so I hope to find an adder symbol of some kind. Hope that helps.
          That so crazy, I felt pulled to put a shell on the alter.

Comment

Originally posted by Wenny View Post
            That so crazy, I felt pulled to put a shell on the alter.
            For me the shells are because they remind me of summer as a kid, and Bride is the Goddess of Summer here. They can also be very feminine looking, shells.

Comment

Working...
            X