This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could This Be From A Goddess?

I realize that this is potentially a very stupid question. Try not to laugh at me if so. Or at least, not to my face. :P

I am very, very new to all of this. I became interested in and researched Paganism about half a year ago, but something (can't remember what) scared me off from it. I am now re-interested, and yesterday I decided to seek out a God or Goddess. Yesterday I found Bastet, the Goddess of Cats, love, protection, and some other stuff. She is typically depicted either as a domestic cat, or as a woman with a cat head.

This morning I woke up with three cat scratches on my inner lower leg. I have been at my grandparents' house and their cats have (unfortunately) been declawed so it couldn't have been from them. Do you think it could have something to do with Bastet or do you think I'm just being dumb and scratched it on something else and didn't realize it? Are Gods/Goddesses even capable of leaving marks on my body?

Re: Could This Be From A Goddess?

Don't worry, it's not a stupid question. We all were beginners once. We all started from zero, there is nothing to be ashamed of.

Maybe... But it's important to know when you got this mark. If you got it earlier, than it's not connected. But I don't think Bast would leave such a mark. I can't speak for her... But as far as my relationship with her goes, I don't think so. Try looking for more signs. If there are no signs, then you can ask her for one. She'll understand.

Best of luck! :3
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

IMHO - I'd say that when one begins to believe in signs, one's perceptions shift, and the question of "is this a sign?" Becomes moot. The meaning of things lies in the mind of the perceiver, so if you choose to see it as a sign, then it is.

That doesn't mean you didn't accidentally scratch yourself, but, if so, you didn't perceive it until such a time as you were set to perceive it as a sign.

Carl Jung's theory of synchronicity, whether he is correct in total or not, does make it clear that "causal connections" are not the only type of connections that are possible. Things can also be connected through perceived meaning.

(I hope you weren't just looking for a yes/no answer. I'm not good at those )
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
        Don't worry, it's not a stupid question. We all were beginners once. We all started from zero, there is nothing to be ashamed of.

Maybe... But it's important to know when you got this mark. If you got it earlier, than it's not connected. But I don't think Bast would leave such a mark. I can't speak for her... But as far as my relationship with her goes, I don't think so. Try looking for more signs. If there are no signs, then you can ask her for one. She'll understand.

Best of luck! :3
        I am pretty certain that I did not have it before, but I'm not 100% on that. If it is indeed a mark left by her than I definitely don't see it as something negative, or something that I should be threatened by. This afternoon I found a small box in my room that has a her on it. I'd always thought it was just a generic cat before. Would you consider that another sign?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        IMHO - I'd say that when one begins to believe in signs, one's perceptions shift, and the question of "is this a sign?" Becomes moot. The meaning of things lies in the mind of the perceiver, so if you choose to see it as a sign, then it is.

That doesn't mean you didn't accidentally scratch yourself, but, if so, you didn't perceive it until such a time as you were set to perceive it as a sign.

Carl Jung's theory of synchronicity, whether he is correct in total or not, does make it clear that "causal connections" are not the only type of connections that are possible. Things can also be connected through perceived meaning.

(I hope you weren't just looking for a yes/no answer. I'm not good at those )
        I'd never thought of it like that, that makes sense. Very interesting article.

Any answer is appreciated, thank you.

Comment

I personally think the answer to your question will be in do you see Bastet in other things as well? I find for those I've known it's been not a single sign but being overwhelmed by things that tie into synchronicity and all point to a given entity. A single scratch like that could be as simple as you scratched your leg in your sleep but your trying to make it a sign where its not. Yet it could also be a sign that your on the right track just not the right person. There are something like 400 feline headed gods / goddesses in Egyptian lore alone, some of which tie very closely to Bastet in mannerisms and signs.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by PalePinkFawn View Post
            I realize that this is potentially a very stupid question. Try not to laugh at me if so. Or at least, not to my face. :P

I am very, very new to all of this. I became interested in and researched Paganism about half a year ago, but something (can't remember what) scared me off from it. I am now re-interested, and yesterday I decided to seek out a God or Goddess. Yesterday I found Bastet, the Goddess of Cats, love, protection, and some other stuff. She is typically depicted either as a domestic cat, or as a woman with a cat head.

This morning I woke up with three cat scratches on my inner lower leg. I have been at my grandparents' house and their cats have (unfortunately) been declawed so it couldn't have been from them. Do you think it could have something to do with Bastet or do you think I'm just being dumb and scratched it on something else and didn't realize it? Are Gods/Goddesses even capable of leaving marks on my body?
            When I first became interested in Paganism a long time ago, something happened to me as well that scared me away from it for a few years. Honestly I think it was just dogma from being raised catholic. When I came back I found that I could view my path with a more open mind, I guess I came back when I was ready and I'm sure you did too!

As for Bastet, I lean more toward the Celtic Pantheon however I have a special place for her in my heart. I often wonder if she sends cats to me on occasion to care for, however that is just speculation and a happy thought on my part. I often tell my cats to tell her hello for me :meow: It could be a sign from her, however I would keep my eye out for more hints from her. If she is trying to get your attention she will make herself known without a doubt!

Good luck!

Comment

First of all, welcome!

I felt a connection to the moon long before I knew Wicca existed (that's my path). If you looked at my early choice of screen names for children's sites like pixie hollow and warrior cats (because I was into all that), you would have seen that I often picked moon related names and concepts.

When end I became interested in Wicca, I was trying to find my bearings. I took a Latin class and we were all supposed to do a report on the Gods of Ancient Greece/Rome. It was a random draw and I picked (surprise surprise) Selene/Luna. I remember knowing right then that she was it and that she was always it. You just know when it's right and it's this wonderful sense of homecoming.
              A Happy Little Wiccan:^^:

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Because who needs a life when you have a chatroom.

Comment

Working...
              X