This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reputation question

So what is that bar by user names labeled reputation. How does one gain green bars/red bars? What does it mean?
    -sincerely
    still new here
    "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
    And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
    They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
    The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
    - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Re: Reputation question

I don't know the count...but after you've been here a while you can give people karma for being good. Or you can spite them with the red!
    As you can see over on mine...I've been a very very bad kitty. I am the most eeeeveeeelist kitty in the land! muwahahahhaa
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm gonna make you wear a collar with a very large bell on It to torture you for eternity.
      - Finn's Saga

Comment

Basically what Medusa said. For every 50 and 1000 posts, you have one more point to the "karma" you can give. And if I remember correctly, it is increased when you gain your reputation from other users.
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

This is going to be rather involved, so bear with me. First, where is it? How do I see what Reputation I have and who all gave it? Click on settings in the upper right corner of the page (next to log out), and scroll all the way to the bottom, you should be able to see the list there. (Thanks goes to Gardenia for posting

provides a pretty detailed breakdown
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Okay, so in my notifications, I have an Alert that says "reputation comment" but I cannot access it. I click on the notification and it just takes me to my inbox, and there's nothing there relating to it.
            Any information would be Awesome thanks guys.
            - Finn's Saga

Comment

Try clicking on SETTINGS. Usually that's where all the comments you got repped for are living.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

The only rep comment attached to your profile is in a post that got composted by either Thal or I. The points still count in your favor but the comment that would normally appear in settings is liable to be absent unless

1) A mod returns a lengthy tangent from a few weeks ago to the public forums.

2) You become a staff member.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

So how do I get rid of the notification?

I guess the only way.... is to make me a staff member I'll be good I swear!
                  - Finn's Saga

Comment

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
                    So how do I get rid of the notification?

I guess the only way.... is to make me a staff member I'll be good I swear!
                    Check your settings now

Comment

Working...
                    X