Thread: Intro

Intro

Hey everyone just registered not too long ago. My names Tyler, 20 years, and I'm from the US. I was raised a southern baptist, but without saying anything against it I must say I wish I never was, so my friend kind of described paganism to me and I thought it sounded like a good fit. Just looking for a way to get started.

Feb 2013
    Religion
    Old Customs
    Phrase
    Damn somebody's eyes

Re: Intro

Howdy, Tyler, and welcome! Pull up something cushy, pour your favorite beverage and browse around. When you find a topic that piques your curiosity, just jump right in feet first. No need to be shy, we're friendly folks here abouts.
    I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

“Barbarianism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is the whim of circumstance. And barbarianism must ultimately triumph.” - Robert E. Howard

Clan of my Clan
    Kin of my Kin
    Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
    And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Dec 2014
    Religion
    Christian | Solitary Traditional Witch
    Phrase
    Nemophilist

Greetings and welcome, Tyler.
    "A witch ought never to be frightened in the darkest forest, because she should be sure in her soul that the most terrifying thing in the forest was her."
    -----
    One crow for sorrow,
    Two for joy,
    Three for a girl,
    Four for a boy,
    Five for silver,
    Six for gold,
    Seven for a secret,
    Never to be told;
    Eight for heaven,
    Nine for hell,
    Ten for death and the devil's bell.

-----
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Hello and welcome to PF!
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Banned!
    Feb 2015
    Religion
    Eclectic with Italian folk craft leanings...
    Phrase
    "A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle".

Hi Tyler, I'm new here as well! There is a wealth of information on the forum and lots of very kind people too...welcome!

Oct 2011
    Religion
    Staroverci

Welcome to the forum