My dreams went missing...I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dreams went missing...I

Please someone move this to the proper place as I have no idea where it goes.

When I sleep I dream, I remember my dreams for the most part. Its probably one of my favorite things about sleep is I dream. Sleeping is like reading for me its an escape, and its where most of my ideas come from. Over the last few weeks I seem to have stopped dreaming. When I lay down at night to go to sleep I lay there. Sleep eludes me, I am tired but can't sleep. When I do sleep its fitfully.

Anyone else ever have this problem and if so how did you combat it?? I have a routine that I have done for over 10 years when I go to bed and that isn't helping.. I want my dreams back!!!
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Re: My dreams went missing...I

If its not crazy nightmares,its soft and sweet ones...and sometimes its nothing...and it can last a while...why?,who knows,it just happens..

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a story about why we dream...so...

http://psychology.about.com/od/state...m-theories.htm
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Is there something going on in your life that is causing you to feel restless or anxious at night? You don't have to say it on the forum, just think about it. Maybe it's time to address that, or maybe you just need to try and make some more time in your life to decompress before trying to sleep so your body and mind are more relaxed and able to sleep easier.

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post

When I sleep I dream, I remember my dreams for the most part. Its probably one of my favorite things about sleep is I dream. Sleeping is like reading for me its an escape, and its where most of my ideas come from. Over the last few weeks I seem to have stopped dreaming. When I lay down at night to go to sleep I lay there. Sleep eludes me, I am tired but can't sleep. When I do sleep its fitfully.

Anyone else ever have this problem and if so how did you combat it?? I have a routine that I have done for over 10 years when I go to bed and that isn't helping.. I want my dreams back!!!
        As far as I understand it, you only dream during a certain 'level' of sleep, when your brain is functioning at a certain wavelength. So if your sleep pattern is different to normal, that may explain why you feel like you aren't dreaming. If you aren't reaching the stages of sleep (or if you pass through them into 'deep sleep' relatively quickly, like I do) then you may not be dreaming at all, or you may not be remembering them because you come straight out of deep sleep into 'awake' when your alarm goes off.

I would be working on some insomnia strategies if I were you... first off work out why you're having trouble getting to sleep. Stress is the biggest potential cause.

Comment

I've advocated Mugwort on here a few times and am going to again. In life I've always just been an occasional dreamer, a few years back a Witch friend gave me some books and some mugwort, advised to read while sipping mugwort steeped in hot water before bed and read until my eyes could no longer stay open. It was explained to me as a way to investigate on a level beyond the page. The Mugwort both enhances ones ability to remember dreams and better interact and navigate the dream. It worked well for me after a few nights.

Comment

Originally posted by callmeclemens View Post
            I've advocated Mugwort on here a few times and am going to again.
            Mugwort is a hallucinogen, if I recall correctly, which is why it induces such vivid dreams. I'd just like to point that out to the OP, as hallucinogens are not everyone's cup of tea (pun not intended, but enjoy it anyway). In any case, before trying any herbs please talk to your doctor about it. Just because it's "natural" doesn't mean it will be safe for you.

My personal recommendation would be Valerian root capsules. You can get them at a pharmacy, and they are generally pretty safe (usual caveat: if you're on other medications, ask your doctor first). Valerian root is quite closely related to catnip, and it has a mild soothing effect on people (and a BIG mellowing effect on cats!) I've found that when I take it, my quality of sleep is improved, and I have a clearer memory of my dreams the next day.

Comment

It's not classified as a Hallucinogen as far as I know, but can be dangerous in large doses. I put a pinch in some sleepy time tea a few days a week when I do use it.

Comment

I believe in large doses it is hallucinogenic, like wormwood. They're closely related. There's also the problem of what constitutes a "large dose" in a particular situation. A pinch is OK for you, but would probably give me horrible, trippy nightmares given my medical history. Not trying to start an argument, just want to point out that there's no one size fits all remedy for a situation like this.

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post

They had me on original formula Paxil when I was a teen, and, when another doctor took me off the drug, it caused me to start having panic attacks. Those are, fortunately, under control now, but only with the help of some medicines that prevent me from remembering my dreams about 98-99% of the time. I hope you will regain yours because I understand the grief of losing one's dreams. However, even if they never come back, I've discovered that you can have very similar experiences by consciously inducing astral travel. In fact, there are a couple of places in my astral home that I've devoted to helping me remember the dreams I've been having. Since you're still entering into REM sleep, even if you don't remember it, you may just need a method or a place where you can reflect on these dreams and drudge them up from your memories. Whether or not any of that is useful, I wish you the very best.

Originally posted by Redfaery View Post
                  I believe in large doses it is hallucinogenic, like wormwood. They're closely related. There's also the problem of what constitutes a "large dose" in a particular situation. A pinch is OK for you, but would probably give me horrible, trippy nightmares given my medical history. Not trying to start an argument, just want to point out that there's no one size fits all remedy for a situation like this.
                  Please see a doctor or other professional in the medical field about using mugwort. Yes, it has a number of beneficial properties (including, for most folks, a mildly sedative and narcotic effect that can trigger strong dreaming); but it also has several possibly negative side-effects, particularly for women. It's not something you should use without consulting a medical professional.
                  OO

Book of Spirals is my author site.
                  The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
                  Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

Comment

Working...
                  X