Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you as smart as a 9th grader in 1912?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you as smart as a 9th grader in 1912?

FIND OUT HERE!!!
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: Are you as smart as a 9th grader in 1912?

the reader average score of 59% The lesson here, I need to refresh my memory of History and Geography.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2015/0302/Can-you-pass-the-written-police-officer-exam/How-did-you-score

was more fun (that or I just like 80% more than 59%)
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

That went bad. In my defence my phone wouldn't show the maps ^^ and, well, American history isn't a big subject in school here.
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

43%. But...we don't learn American history in school. The only thing I know about the Civil War, I learned from Thal's reenactments...

Mostly art.

Comment

I got 89% because I don't know anything about state founders and I forgot that this was before Alaska was a state.
          Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
            I got 89% because I don't know anything about state founders and I forgot that this was before Alaska was a state.
            Ditto, but I caught that one (I used to have to talk about it at my old job in conjunction with "Why there are no battleships named after Alaska or Hawaii") and missed the types of verbs.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

I was doing well until the American Geography and History questions... so then I enlisted Torey to help (also I couldn't figure out why I didn't like any of the countries on the map for Romania... then discovered it wasn't even on the map).

So Torey and I together got 73%.

Does anyone know the pass mark? Do we make it into high school?

Comment

I got a 49. The maps were weird when it gave me option 1 and I could not even see a number one on my map. I did ace the mountains and all the Hispanol dudes who settled up in America.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

59 but I got hung up on recalling was it this or that person but couldn't recall exactly who. Like Maryland recalled the father applied for the grant but son actually got it. the map sort of sucked in that I kept thinking modern and forgetting what became what.
                  I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

68% And mostly because I've always been terrible at remembering names of people long dead...
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I got 41%. It's been a long time since I have been in school.
                      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I tried to scoot past the first few questions, failed all the maths ones and stopped about 5 questions in. So... probably not.

Comment

got a 51%. a lot of the history questions had people I never studied about in school.
                          Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Comment

78%; I didn't know about the Blue Ridge Mountains, the geographic zones, a few of the state founders, the verb properties, who discovered a few bodies of water, and the states touching the Ohio River.

Comment

Working...
                            X