Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Youth Decline Of Manners?Losing Humanity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Youth Decline Of Manners?Losing Humanity?

"I'm a black rainbow and I'm an ape of god"? that's manson... disposable teens
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
      "I'm a black rainbow and I'm an ape of god"? that's manson... disposable teens
      lol. No this was a newer song. The guy was just screaming how he was so black he was a black rainbow. It's apparently a reference to drug use. It just sounded like some kid screaming for his mom.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I should need a freaking hearing aid these days because I used to stand right in front of those 8 foot speakers at a concert and dance my ass off..but no,I still hear fine,go figgure.. Those speakers were so load that you could FEEL the sound pushing at you..
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

shame. play him more Manson!
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Or Bach. That might calm him down...
            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

OK,I am going to now take a nap in the middle of the day...eat your hearts out all you non retired people...lift that bale....Old man river!!!!!
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                Or Bach. That might calm him down...
                True. I prefer Beethoven to Bach, but manson is one of the only things I can fall asleep to ^^
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Comment

We were tallking about this in one of my classes. For one thing, all anyone cares about is science and math. Schools where I live downplay, or even completely cut art and music and literatre- the things that create empathy. And empathy is the base for manners; the rest is just formality on top.

Comment

There are also those teens who convert to Satanism/Wicca to look cool (assuming a very loose definition of cool), shock parents/society, or as an excuse to be cruel. I've thankfully never met these teens, but I fear they may make it harder for teens who actually see these religions as valid spiritual paths. I fear that teens who genuinely explore their spiritual paths could be brushed aside because of this.

Comment

As a child of the 60s, I have to admit two things.

First, a lot of good came out of that time period.

Second, so did a lot of bad.

On the theory that good manners were a tool used to keep the underdogs underdogs, and that good manners were used to separate out the elite from the proles, manners were destroyed. Not many people in the US were taught "good manners" after the hippy era.

However, as R. Heinlein writes:
                      "Moving parts in rubbing contact require lubrication to avoid excessive wear. Honorifics and formal politeness provide lubrication where people rub together. Often the very young, the untravelled, the naive, the unsophisticated deplore these formalities as "empty," "meaningless," or "dishonest," and scorn to use them. No matter how "pure" their motives, they thereby throw sand into machinery that does not work too well at best."

In other words, formal politeness is what allows a multi plural society to exist, without endless murder.

It was so much easier to bring people DOWN to a certain level, but so much more difficult to bring people UP to a certain level that the difference between up & down was treated as a non-sequitur.

Manners are important. They keep us from killing each other when we disagree.

10 Polite Things People Just Don't Seem To Do Anymore
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I think, when we get to a certain age, we develop a romantic view of the past and a pessimistic view of the present. It's easy to see a bunch of gobby yobs outside a shop and think they represent youth culture... but what we don't see much of are the youths indoors, doing their studies or hobbies and so on. My teenage nephews are geeks... anything technology they love, anything 'real' they just don't get. It's strange seeing them permanently looking at their phones, as if 'what's going on' is in the gadget, and not out in the real world. My brother encouraged them to go outside and begrudgingly, they went out to find a wifi hotspot! It's so wrong... but when i think about what i was doing at their ages... i tend to shudder.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                          However, as R. Heinlein writes:
                          "Moving parts in rubbing contact require lubrication to avoid excessive wear. Honorifics and formal politeness provide lubrication where people rub together. Often the very young, the untravelled, the naive, the unsophisticated deplore these formalities as "empty," "meaningless," or "dishonest," and scorn to use them. No matter how "pure" their motives, they thereby throw sand into machinery that does not work too well at best."
                          I couldn't agree more B. de Corbin. While I could go on properly long ramble on different theories regarding this, I can summarise that I think it ultimately comes down to a lacking of proper respect for authority and a likewise drift away from Communitarianism towards a more extreme disposition towards Individualism.

It is generally a similar situation in law enforcement. People are happy with the safety and security the law generally brings. They celebrate it when it protects them and their property from harm. With that said, they only continue to follow the law properly until it is 'inconvenient' to them, or seen as 'meaningless' or 'empty' by the people, and then they become angered when the law is enforced upon their infractions. Many go against the very things which allow them to live as they do.

That being said, this is not just among the youth, but also at all ages, and this can cause a domino effect in which one generations bad habits transfer on to the next generations, and so on and so forth. After all, the youth of today were educated and conditioned in proper behaviour by the adults of today, and so the roots of the issue may lie deeper than simply the teenager demographic. ::

Comment

Working...
                          X