Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I Alone?

Hello,

I am the only personally known Aztec Reconstructionist that is currently active to my knowledge on the internet. And if there others I certainly can't find them. I am from the United States, and am interested in meeting some other recons that are Mesoamerican related, and any other pagans really. I am terribly sorry if this is submitted in the wrong forum. Please move it accordingly.

Re: Am I Alone?

Absolutely alone? No. Pretty sure we had an aztec recon a few years ago.

Rare? Yes. I can only think of the one and while my memory isn't perfect, it is good.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I wonder if we have an Aztec Reconstructionist subforum or an "ask an Aztec Reconstructionist" thread. Hmmm

Comment

Yes, you are correct. It is rare to find someone that is the same religion as myself. It is a solitary path. Also, what's your interpretation of Jediism? Atheist with a Taoist like philosophy? Or like actual Jedi?

Comment

Originally posted by Anahuac View Post
          Yes, you are correct. It is rare to find someone that is the same religion as myself. It is a solitary path. Also, what's your interpretation of Jediism? Atheist with a Taoist like philosophy? Or like actual Jedi?
          With the disclaimer that I use Jedi in that space primarily to amuse myself since I don't care to try and label my beliefs...

Neither bordering on actual Jedi though I think the path is large enough for any number of variations. At the end of the day, Force powers don't make a Jedi. Accepting the EU as canon (because the Mouse can go cliff-hopping, I like parts of the EU), there were a lot of Force sensitives in Star Wars, nowhere near all of them were Jedi. Adherence toward a code + reverence for life + a willingness to sacrifice for the people without paying a whole lot of attention to the price tag + a certain perception of reality beyond that of most people (generally greatly assisted by Force powers) = Jedi.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Interesting Well I'm glad you could find some kind of term to describe yourself on here at least.

Comment

Guys, don't laugh, who is an Aztec Reconstructionist?

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                I wonder if we have an Aztec Reconstructionist subforum or an "ask an Aztec Reconstructionist" thread. Hmmm
                Subforum, no...we did have an "ask a" thread when the other guy was here Though
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Have you thought about a blog?

You know, in a "build it and they will come" sort of way?

I'm not an Aztec Recon, but it would be an interesting read In terms of how you decide relevancy with modernity, along with infor about the gods and extablishing rituals, etc. I would think the information about aztec and other mesoamerican religion would be pretty good, in comparison to say, caananite polytheism.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                    Absolutely alone? No. Pretty sure we had an aztec recon a few years ago.

Rare? Yes. I can only think of the one and while my memory isn't perfect, it is good.
                    Yes, we had an Zatec reconstructionist a while ago. If I'm not mistaken, it was a girl. She left not too long ago after I registered this awesome place. :3
                    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I stumbled across a couple of Central American Recons on the forum I used to frequent. One was Aztec definitely; they went by Yei. The other described themselves as a "rain cultist" but was no longer active when I was there.

Comment

I agree. It is rare, but you're not alone hon. *hugs*
                        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Thank you everyone for replying to my post. I am indeed alone as of today (March, 2015) as far as solitary practice.

Originally posted by Online_Essay_Writer View Post
                          Guys, don't laugh, who is an Aztec Reconstructionist?
                          I am the Aztec Reconstructionist, nice to meet you!

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                          Have you thought about a blog?

You know, in a "build it and they will come" sort of way?
                          I have a blog, though I don't want to advertise it in this post. I will add it to my signature. I also own a subreddit on Reddit that's linked to the /r/Pagan page.

Originally posted by Redfaery View Post
                          I stumbled across a couple of Central American Recons on the forum I used to frequent. One was Aztec definitely; they went by Yei. The other described themselves as a "rain cultist" but was no longer active when I was there.
                          Story of my life, I find a community that had some form of Mesoamerican Pagans and they're all dried up.. get it?

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                          I agree. It is rare, but you're not alone hon. *hugs*
                          *hugs*

Comment

Don't feel alone. Many of us are solitary in our zone of living. But it doesn't stop us from being a family and a supportive community. Always ask questions. Here, you are not alone. -hugs-
                            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Thank you, that means a lot. I will try to keep a positive attitude towards my search.

Comment

Working...
                              X