Beginning Meditation -- Mugwort Incense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginning Meditation -- Mugwort Incense

So I'm starting to meditate and was curious as to how to make a good incense to burn with mugwort. I would like to have a good session and wanted to use incense to help enhance my experience and atmosphere. I have frankincense, opopopnax, and gum Arabic (?) as far as resins go. Also, lavender, marigold, sage, and jasmine. I'm open to any and all suggestions. ^_^

Oh and it's good to be back.

Re: Beginning Meditation -- Mugwort Incense

Welcome back, Nalia.

You also have to take into account your own personal likes and dislikes. Sometimes, a stronger smelling incense hinders a meditation session - at least in my experience. I would suggest you start off with a little bit on charcoal and build up from there.
    It also really depends on what you want to achieve (calming, aid in astral work or lucid dreaming, psychic blends etc).
    I personally find mugwort works well with rose petals, chamomile, sandalwood, lavender, myrrh.
    "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

I have a mugwort and dragons blood mix I use

Comment

Originally posted by OldMotherWestWind View Post
        Welcome back, Nalia.

You also have to take into account your own personal likes and dislikes. Sometimes, a stronger smelling incense hinders a meditation session - at least in my experience. I would suggest you start off with a little bit on charcoal and build up from there.
        It also really depends on what you want to achieve (calming, aid in astral work or lucid dreaming, psychic blends etc).
        I personally find mugwort works well with rose petals, chamomile, sandalwood, lavender, myrrh.
        Thank you. Thank you. ^_^ Please excuse my lateness in reply; work has been priority. I would like to see what it can do for lucid dreaming. And by "psychic blends" what do you mean?

Originally posted by Ula View Post
        I have a mugwort and dragons blood mix I use
        What does that achieve for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Nalia View Post
          And by "psychic blends" what do you mean?
          The blending of different psychic energies and types to form your own unique psychic power.
          "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

Originally posted by Nalia View Post
            Thank you. Thank you. ^_^ Please excuse my lateness in reply; work has been priority. I would like to see what it can do for lucid dreaming. And by "psychic blends" what do you mean?

What does that achieve for you?
            Mugwort has helped with focus for me specifically. The dragon's blood is a booster of sorts. I have even drank just the mugwort it in tea for dream recall.

Comment

I thought I'd give everyone who uses mugwort a little shout-out. It'll vary depending on your region, but now might be the time to be getting out and gathering the leaves it if you collect it wild. It matured early for us, so don't delay if you want the best crop! I only know because my sister cycles a lot and let my mum know, who then lovingly went out to collect some with my niece.
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
              X