Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Europe: We're having a total solar eclipse on the equinox!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Europe: We're having a total solar eclipse on the equinox!

I read somewhere else that the full total eclipse will be happening in Scotland, but we can still get a good part of it in most of Europe. Here in Germany, it will be a very visible partial eclipse. I'm crossing my fingers that it will be sunny in Berlin (looks promising, but March in Berlin is a wild card)

Who is excited? Does anyone have any plans?

I usually make a big feast on the spring equinox. It's usually a big day for me spiritually. I want to get my hands on some of those glasses to watch the equinox as well. I always feel a strong draw from the sun, so I'm really excited about a solar event on the day that marks longer days and more sunlight!

Re: Europe: We're having a total solar eclipse on the equinox!

I saw that...the only thing that would make it any cooler was if there were a full moon/supermoon the same day too!

Enjoy!
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

I heard about that - wonderful! Hope it's a nice clear day and you enjoy it completely!
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

In typical Berlin style, it's supposed to be sunny and warm every day next week, and then suddenly get cloudy and cold on Friday

I'm crossing my fingers that the bad weather gets delayed, or at least doesn't kick in until the afternoon!

Comment

All of last week was clear skies and sun. It has turned over the weekend, now it's just cloudy and cold. From what I can tell it's supposed to stay like this until next weekend. But that may still change one can always hope.
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

It was sunny after all here! Beautiful day with full sun! I couldn't figure out where to get glasses to watch it and didn't want to pay a lot of money for them (considering they're something you can only use once, maybe twice in your life), so I did a bit of research. A science blog had an entry on how to make a basic pinhole camera to watch a solar eclipse, so I made one out of two paper plates. It was actually pretty cool. It was rudimentary, but I could watch how the moon moved over the sun. People were pretty fascinated with it. I'm probably in at least 20 people's photos, haha.

Comment

It was beautiful, wasn't it? Sheer magic! I blogged about it here: http://thewolfenhowlepress.com/some-...n-the-eclipse/
              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

It really was! I'll be blogging about it later today!

I'm glad I got to witness something so special!

Comment

Here I was kinda hoping to see the aurora because there was a huge solar flare that would have had it show this far down south,but no show..I have always wanted to see the Northern lights..
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

It's really been quite the week for celestial events, hasn't it? The solar flares/aurora borealis, the total solar eclipse (dramatic partial eclipse for most of Europe), the supermoon today, and the spring equinox.

Comment

It has. And I really wish I had the night off. And that I still lived in the EU.

But I'll do a little something tonight anyway after work. I wonder if there are videos of the eclipse floating around on the internets.

Comment

I'm sure there were loads! Lots of websites were doing live feeds

Comment

Being in the US, I wouldn't have been able to see it. But that didn't stop my brain from waking me up randomly at 4am, remembering it was happening. I ended up watching it live stream. Was kind of amazing timing on my part to wake up when I did. When I got onto the live stream, it was literally 30 seconds away from the full eclipse.
                          "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
                          And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
                          They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
                          The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
                          - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X