Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insulted for your beliefs?

Hail!
    Im not sure how things are where everyone else lives, but around me, there are some really judgmental people. Many of whom are Christians, not saying that being Christian is bad, but how many of you have been insulted by someone of another religious belief for your own?
    A good example from one of my many experiences happened yesterday afternoon at a grocery store. I was waiting in line to checkout when an elderly women stopped me and asked me about my tattoos. All of my tattoos have to do with heathenry, and Norse pathways. So I explained to her what they were and what they meant, and she proceeded to denounce me as a Satan worshiper, and a practitioner of ungodly witchcraft. She went on to tell me I was going to "hell" and that the wrath of God would befall me for not accepting Jesus as my savior. At this point, many people were giving her curious looks. She ended up turning to the store clerk, telling him she wouldn't shop at the grocery store any longer for the "freaks it harbors," turned to me, looked me dead in the eye, and said "God will punish you for your sins." She then grabbed her purse from her cart and stormed out. Now many people were looking at me, and it was very uncomfortable. I ended up paying and leaving, but still got many stares.
    And to tell you the truth, this isn't the first time something like this has happened. It's not always Christians, some of Islamic belief have things to say to me as well. And in no way am I singling out any certain religion, I have many freinds who are devoted Christians. But it really irks me that there are still people out in the world like this.
    Have any of you had any similar situations occur? What did you do, and how did you handle it?
    "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
    And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
    They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
    The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
    - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Re: Insulted for your beliefs?

I look at them with a cross between pity and "you are coocoo" and, in my most saccharine voice, I tell them I'll pray for them.

Sometimes I even sadly shake my head and make the little clicking "tut tut" noise with my tongue.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

This wasn't the worst thing that has happened. I've been chased out of bars before because of my beliefs. But this situation in particular did shock me a tad. I am very proud of my heritage and ancestry, but I don't think anyone should go through anything like this.
      - Finn's Saga

Comment

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
        I am very proud of my heritage and ancestry, but I don't think anyone should go through anything like this.
        I've been cornered in my open car door by a much larger, angry, screaming man while I was with my two small (at the time) children...I've been raped, so I don't do cornered by large, strange men very well. And I'm not some tiny, puny woman...I can take on most folks my size or slightly larger and come out of it rather well. He was lucky I had two kids in the car...as it was, I just about slammed his fingers in my car door because he thought he could keep it open) and ran over his ass.

Its a simple fact that sometimes people are thoughtless assholes.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

If she was really a Christian, saying to her "Matthew seven, one to two" should have meant something to her and shut her up.
          śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
          śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

I usually have something sassy to say back, but I was caught off guard by the whole outburst.

Cornered in your car? See, I'm a smaller guy. Have never really been in a physical confrontation, and really don't want to be put into that situation. I'm sorry to hear that, though. People are crazy.
            - Finn's Saga

Comment

I want to say I have. But...well....if you saw a pic of me you could see why no one bothers me...about anything.

*pst. Sleeved up tattoos and a Medusa stare make coocoo people stay away from me. But I'm a soft fluffy kitteh under this. I swear!

*hides dead mice under bed.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                I want to say I have. But...well....if you saw a pic of me you could see why no one bothers me...about anything.

*pst. Sleeved up tattoos and a Medusa stare make coocoo people stay away from me. But I'm a soft fluffy kitteh under this. I swear!

*hides dead mice under bed.
                My tattoos are usually the start of the problem. I have half sleeves and my whole chest is covered in symbols
                So is my back
                - Finn's Saga

Comment

My tattoos are usually the start of the problem. I have half sleeves and my whole chest is covered in symbols
                  So is my back
                  Lol. I have my pentagram with 666 on my arm. My Manson tattoos *especially the one across my right forearm reading 'No Salvation, No forgiveness'. The older cholos in my store usually just say 'daaamn girl. You are hardcore'. Little do they know I'm home watching live kitty streams. I've had a few ask me what it says. I tell them. Then they say 'oh'. And wander off..silently. The few times people have asked me about my religion, I tell them I'm an atheist. People don't know I'm a Satanist, because my belief system is personal. I'm not obnoxious either. People tell me all the time God bless etc, I'm like thanks. I pretty much live and let live. I'm in this world predominantly full of theists. I'm going to have a hard time in life if I can't figure out how to navigate that world. Satanism helps me with that.

Golden rule. Don't be a douche.
                  Satanic golden rule. Don't be a douche. Unless they are a douche. Then be an evil douche. Then proceed back to..don't be a douche.

Comment

I'm not sure how to post pictures but meh
                    - Finn's Saga

Comment

I have had my share of "Interactions" from time to time,and I should say I never started any of them...I do from the get go warn them that they really do not want to go there,many do anyway,and end up on their ass. Might have to do with my growing up in the inner city...so you learn to fight early and young..and its not by the rules by any consideration. It is street fighting from the get go,and that catches many off guard .Sorry guy didn't I mention the black jack in my back pocket???
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm not sure how to post pictures but meh
                        click the picture frame in the edit option in your reply.
                        Click From Computer option.
                        Click choose file
                        click upload file
                        l_f93133cb7acd035b75f15fbf3acb9975.jpg

Comment

Showing off again there Duce...:angel:
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            Lol. I have my pentagram with 666 on my arm. My Manson tattoos *especially the one across my right forearm reading 'No Salvation, No forgiveness'. The older cholos in my store usually just say 'daaamn girl. You are hardcore'. Little do they know I'm home watching live kitty streams. I've had a few ask me what it says. I tell them. Then they say 'oh'. And wander off..silently. The few times people have asked me about my religion, I tell them I'm an atheist. People don't know I'm a Satanist, because my belief system is personal. I'm not obnoxious either. People tell me all the time God bless etc, I'm like thanks. I pretty much live and let live. I'm in this world predominantly full of theists. I'm going to have a hard time in life if I can't figure out how to navigate that world. Satanism helps me with that.

Golden rule. Don't be a douche.
                            Satanic golden rule. Don't be a douche. Unless they are a douche. Then be an evil douche. Then proceed back to..don't be a douche.
                            I just have to say something. You have Manson tattoos? You are awesome.

That being said... wow. The most I get is a "you're a weirdo" stare, and those are easily ignored... or returned, depending on my mood. Mostly people don't notice the symbols I wear. The only one to ever truly attack me for my beliefs is my mother. I think people are a lot less religious here than the US. Frankly, most people here will find you a tad ceazy if you are very Christian as well.
                            You remind me of the babe
                            What babe?
                            The babe with the power
                            What power?
                            The Power of voodoo
                            Who do?
                            You do!
                            Do what?
                            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

- Finn's Saga

Comment

Working...
                              X