X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Insulted for your beliefs?

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    Showing off again there Duce...:angel:
    Lol. It's an old pic. No one wants to see me with that giant pickle again.

And yes Iris, I have a few. I have Manson's eyes from the cover of RollingStone. I have the Antichrist Superstar album logo. I have the Reflecting God one and I have a nin one from the broken album. And a bunch of other stuff. Dante's quotes in Italian, a devil girl pin up and and stars and evil charms. And a big fat Medusa face tatted across my left shoulder. I'm addicted
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

patrick.jpg
      I did it
      for anyone who was wondering, yeah this is what I look like
      "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
      And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
      They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
      The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
      - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]3870[/ATTACH]
        I did it
        for anyone who was wondering, yeah this is what I look like
        Well aren't you just a bowl of sugar.

I like your runes. Is that what that is? I have Theban writing on my arm as well.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

My family is Catholic, including my brother-in-law. Back in 2013 when we were celebrating Christmas he told me that Anubis was a false god. I was pretty upset and pissed at him. There's nothing you can do about people being judgmental. They'll be that way. Just be firm about your beliefs and know that you are right for them.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Get a room you two....Yeh,I am a dirty old man in fact,for sure about the old part anyway..
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              Well aren't you just a bowl of sugar.

I like your runes. Is that what that is? I have Theban writing on my arm as well.
              Yes, the whole elder futhark, in no real order. Ill attempt to get a picture of my chest, though, my computer is not one to cooperate.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
              My family is Catholic, including my brother-in-law. Back in 2013 when we were celebrating Christmas he told me that Anubis was a false god. I was pretty upset and pissed at him. There's nothing you can do about people being judgmental. They'll be that way. Just be firm about your beliefs and know that you are right for them.
              Family is whole different matter. I have been shunned by my father for my beliefs. It's something I can't really control as much as with strangers. I know the feeling though
              - Finn's Saga

Comment

Yes, the whole elder futhark, in no real order. Ill attempt to get a picture of my chest, though, my computer is not one to cooperate.

Seconding the need to share body art. There's actually a whole thread for it. ^^

Comment

I am from the bible belt of Texas, and my mothers side is extremely religious. I would say I learned to relay so heavily and believe so strongly in my faith from my Nan. Her God is her everything, and my Goddess and God are mine. I have a triquetra on my left wrist, and I've worn a pentacle since I was 15, for all those high and mighty they don't tend to recognize a pagan symbol when the see one. I've been preached at and yelled at, I've been screamed at and told I'm going to hell and most of it has come from my Aunt.
                  I don't talk about my religion unless I know you and I'm comfortable with you. When they ask about my tattoo I tell them its a celtic trinity. Never mind that it represents the maiden, mother, and the crone. I can and will stand my ground if need be but I pity most of them because that kind of behavior is not what their Jesus taught them.
                  Last edited by kalynraye; 19 Mar 2015, 18:35. Reason: If I capitalize my gods I have to capitalize hers
                  "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                    I am from the bible belt of Texas, and my mothers side is extremely religious. I would say I learned to relay so heavily and believe so strongly in my faith from my Nan. Her God is her everything, and my Goddess and God are mine. I have a triquetra on my left wrist, and I've worn a pentacle since I was 15, for all those high and mighty they don't tend to recognize a pagan symbol when the see one. I've been preached at and yelled at, I've been screamed at and told I'm going to hell and most of it has come from my Aunt.
                    I don't talk about my religion unless I know you and I'm comfortable with you. When they ask about my tattoo I tell them its a celtic trinity. Never mind that it represents the maiden, mother, and the crone. I can and will stand my ground if need be but I pity most of them because that kind of behavior is not what their Jesus taught them.
                    I do find a lot of the time it is the Christian folk in the south who I encounter who have problems with mine. Arrogance at its finest. Gods have mercy on those who practice in those countries that still have witchcraft outlawed. I think it's Saudi Arabia that still enforces the death penalty on it. Crazies out there, but they call us crazy I guess.
                    - Finn's Saga

Comment

I do find a lot of the time it is the Christian folk in the south who I encounter who have problems with mine. Arrogance at its finest. Gods have mercy on those who practice in those countries that still have witchcraft outlawed. I think it's Saudi Arabia that still enforces the death penalty on it. Crazies out there, but they call us crazy I guess.
                      They do tend to screech the loudest, those of the south that is. People as a whole though I think can be closed minded to ideas or beliefs they don't understand. Its far easy to tell you your going to hell then try and understand that not everyone believes the same as they do.

- - - Updated - - -

I also need to say that those I have met that are most strong in their faith aren't threatened by others. They don't feel the need to preach, save, or convert, and this is true with those of every religion.
                      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I've had plenty of people say to me 'God bless', and I typically respond automatically with a 'You too', but that's more out of a mutual respect I have for those people than because I am actually wishing them the blessings of a deity I don't believe exists. ^-^;

To be honest, I question what would happen if I were out of the broom closet. To be honest, considering the religiosity of my mother's and father's sides of the family, I would expect no less than ten Bibles being sent to me within the first week. That being said, most of my family doesn't even know that I am no longer Catholic, let alone a partitioner of a polytheistic religion. xD

After that I probably would face a lot of consistent, harsh criticism for stepping away from the faith, and if I were open in public on the matter I probably would face some criticism on the subject as well. I know my family would definitely think much less of me for it.

I typically tell people that 'I am spiritual but not religious. Believing that there is a god, or something like it out their, but not having a religion which fits the bill yet.' Most people tend to respect that position.
                        Although part of me does want to come out of the broom closet, I don't really know if the costs outweigh the benefits.

Comment

How many people here still hide their beliefs to the majority of people in the outside world?
                          Quite frankly, I'm very upfront what my gods and how I worship, because I'm extremely proud of it.
                          - Finn's Saga

Comment

I do, even to many in religious circles. I am a spirit worker as well as a Buddhist, and I find the latter is an easier to swallow label than the former...especially since I'm so deeply involved with my patroness and some of my other spirits.

Comment

wow, a thread about being insulted for pagan beliefs... count me in, I need to be included here. I grew up in a tiny town in Kentucky which was dominated almost entirely by its local Baptist church. It's a giant church situated on a hilltop (in a similar way to how ancient European castles are/were....) and it's full of people who strongly believe that it is their solemn duty to "save the poor sinners of the world from inevitable Hellfire."
                              I converted to paganism in high school. At that time, it was Hellenistic, now it's Celtic/Norse/Greek, and I practice witchcraft. And I hid those beliefs and practices from everyone I knew for years. Even long after I'd left that town, I felt paranoid that if I told anyone what I believed in, I would be chased out of town, or attacked (physically or verbally or both), or possibly attacked AND THEN chased out of town. Because the Baptists really would have done that if they'd known. (I'm not saying anything against Baptists, just these particular ones...)
                              I have anxiety and paranoia about a lot of things, and that's a major one. My closest friends know about my religious beliefs now, but even now, I rarely ever talk about them. I'm a solitary witch for a reason. I don't trust people, and this is why.

Also, I mean, those Baptists alienated OTHER CHRISTIANS, what do you think they'd have done if they knew about me??

Comment

Originally posted by Nightingale View Post
                                Also, I mean, those Baptists alienated OTHER CHRISTIANS, what do you think they'd have done if they knew about me??
                                Oh, I feel ya. I went to an evangelical high school. I wasn't pagan at the time, but I swear I got more flak then for being Roman Catholic than I do now for being Buddhist and Pagan!

Comment

Working...
                                X