Hello, This is an Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, This is an Introduction

<Obligatory information about self/awkward attempt to be friendly/withering faith in my ability to interact with other humans/tears>

First, I'd like to say that I am not a special snowflake. I dislike people who claim metaphysical experiences for attention or because it is fashionable. I do like intelligent conversation and honesty. I also like dry humor and Sailor Moon, but that last part is not really relevant to anything else I have to say in this post and I'd rather you forgot I said it.

I have reached a probe into the community and am posting this against my usual instincts, which are to lay low and enjoy the anonymity. I am not "out of the broom closet" as I have heard it said, mostly because I refuse to acknowledge that I am in a broom closet even though it's cramped and dark and I keep tripping over the dust pan. I accidentally acquired an entire shelf of metaphysical books. Altars keep assembling themselves out of innocuous home decor. I keep finding bundles of incense in the most unlikely places. A deck of tarot cards were forced by a third party into my possession. An atheist hung an Ouija board on my wall. Somehow I keep amassing crystals. All the while I stare blankly at people who describe their magical lives and the things they do, not fully believing that what they say is true because it's just too weird and I am way to pragmatic for all of that. This being even after I mused about ways I can grow spiritually and a seed from an extremely rare pine tree turned up underfoot in the kitchen where it had absolutely no business being because there isn't that kind of tree in this town. I stubbornly hold out hope that all of this is just improbable coincidence and pretend I am not searching pagan websites every day for explanations.

That was pointless and much longer than I intended it to be.

Tl;dr

Here I am, I am here. It's nice to meet you all, etc. I look forward to stalking your threads without actually replying and gleaning information that I am too weirded out to ask for myself. Thank you for having me in your corner of the internet.

Re: Hello, This is an Introduction

By far my most favorite introduction. Welcome friend, you'll do fine here
    "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
    And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
    They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
    The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
    - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Welcome to the forum! I'm a Sailor Moon fan too. Been one since my teens.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome we all started somewhere. Hope you'll like it here.
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Greetings and welcome.
            "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Thank you for the welcomes. I am gleaning your knowledge as we speak.

Mwuahaha, etc.

Comment

Working...
                X