This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where Do I Start?

So I'm more focused on Wicca than Paganism as a whole, but I'm really open to anything. I'm just looking for pure knowledge right now, my personal faith has yet to be decided. But as far as Wicca is concerned, I've gotten a few books and I've known the basics for years, (God and Goddess, Wiccan Rede, etc.) but I haven't been able to go past because there are SO many aspects, I don't even know half of them. It's like I need a list of terms/practices to look up. Scrying? Faeries? Shamanism? Where should I begin? Any guidance on where to start my learning journey in Wicca and Paganism is much appreciated.

Re: Where Do I Start?

One way to go is... Just start with what would be useful for you at the moment.
    For example, if you're anxious or generally stressed out or have trouble sorting your thoughts (hello nice to meet you haha) start with getting to know a lot about things related to that; meditaaation, cleansing, healing, chakras (just naming some things that come to mind), gods, goddesses, entities, related to that
    Or if you cook a lot; herbs, oh maybe scrying with water, and idem as above ~
    If you have some... Unnamable gut type of feelings and you have no idea why and it bothers you, perhaps scrying (that's not really why I've been interested in divination but just naming something again) or or or~

Picking a topic that can 'help' you or provide more insight about a more 'simple' matter that is already in your life is easier (I think so, anyway) because you already have drive to find a solution and thus a type of 'direction' to guide you in your learning process. If any of this makes sense

Comment

I would start with googling some Paganism 101 sites and books, just to give yourself a feel for the general terms (there are still things I'm coming across and wondering "what the hell is that?"). I know there's a lot of information, so try to focus in chunks at a time to keep from getting overwhelmed.
      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

This is a good thread to start with:

Hello! Welcome to "A Newbie Guide to Paganism" in the SAFE Zone forum. I'm working on this thread as a sort of Paganism 101/ Pagan FAQ thread for folks that might be new to Paganism. Unless stated otherwise, I'm the author of the content here, which has either been compiled from other posts over the years on the forum

From there, you can see what piques your interest and what doesn't. It's not all inclusive, but it's a good starting point.

Comment

Working...
        X