This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Church & State News

Many religions tend to obscure their connection to earlier belief systems. One example of connection is Voodoo(by other names I know) that has a Catholic base in its history,though Voodoo does not hide that part of their history. I might guess Catholics "Might" want to disavow their connection to Voodoo however.

Religion and belief is a very fluid in nature thing. Time and condition can and often does alter its structure.

Even human nature grows and changes over time depending on the factors that can shape it.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
      Comparing Christianity to any other religion goes against most Christian beliefs. We know that Christianity sprung from Judaism and that Islam sprung from Christianity and that their roots are in pagan belief systems before them. But try to explain to a Christian that Abraham, of the Bible, came from Sumer (Ur) and was raised as a Sumerian in a Pagan faith and fathered Judaism based on its myths and it would be sacrilege. I have discussed this with Jews and they are aware of it and readily accept it. Christianity cut itself off from its roots as did Islam, both to make their religion the only "true" faith. Yesuah was after all a Jew and a rabbi. The "new" religion he offered was called "the new Judaism" until Saul of Tarsus named it "Christian".
      My point was that if they are going to teach the tenants of religion they should include all religions, maybe even pagan religions?
      Actually Islam is a break off of Judaism not Christianity, but regardless if you have a problem learning about another religion or your child learning about a different religion maybe they shouldn't be in a public school. I do agree that the major religions of the world should be taught in school.
      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
        Actually Islam is a break off of Judaism not Christianity, but regardless if you have a problem learning about another religion or your child learning about a different religion maybe they shouldn't be in a public school. I do agree that the major religions of the world should be taught in school.
        Since Islam believes that Jesus was a prophet and began around 610 CE I would be surprised that it wasn't a Christian off shoot. Both Islam and Christianity share a root in Judaism and their use of the old testament and prophets before Jesus shows that. Islam believes that the Jews and Christians have modified the messages of the prophets and the teachings of Jesus. Islam therefore shows that Judaism and Christianity are in its roots, although I doubt there are many that would accept that.
        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

The five "major" world religions are: Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, and Buddhism. Any time I've taken a comparative religions-type class, it's those five.

Comment

[post deleted my user]
            Last edited by Guest; 28 Sep 2021, 00:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Tawny View Post
              I think it's bizarre that paganism isn't considered a major world religion.

I have noticed something strange going on with a lot of Christians in my country. Like they think they're more entitled to the benefits of the social contract than others on account of being Christian.
              Well, pagans may be numerous, but only if you lump them all together. By and large, each pagan subgroup sees itself as being separate from the others, making each into a smaller group.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
              X