Necromancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Necromancy

The only time I have had this sort of experience is when the dead have approached me. And it's rare, but for a specific purpose. So yes, I will allow it, but I don't go seeking it. And it can be deeply upsetting too.

- - - Updated - - -

The only time I have had this sort of experience is when the dead have approached me. And it's rare, but for a specific purpose. So yes, I will allow it, but I don't go seeking it. And it can be deeply upsetting too.
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Mostly the issue is trying to understand his practice from people who aren't him. It's a personal thing to him, and I really appreciate that he doesn't just shout it out to every random classmate like the narcissistic people I can't find words for in a PG Rated forum. He doesn't involve me in it, so I let him be.

But that still leaves me with no idea what necromancy is.

Comment

Originally posted by Chessa View Post
        But that still leaves me with no idea what necromancy is.
        There are so many different forms of necromancy, just like with any other type of spiritual/religious/magical practice, that it could be summed up in a few words or expounded upon for hours or days. On the most basic level, it is the art of interacting with the dead, on a spiritual and/or physical level. Originally, it was used for prophesy and divination, in which the spirit of the deceased would be called upon to answer questions or, since it was thought that the spirit now resided in a place where all times converge, to predict the future. "Where did you bury your fortune", "what is the Other Side like", or "if we go to war, will we lose".

From there we can branch off into all the various things that folks have done. Divination, communication (I know a few bindrunes for that), cursing, protection, possession ... the list can go on and on. It can even be said that using parts of deceased humans and animals touches on necromancy, as you are using the "raw materials" of the passed on creature as a focal point.

Comment

Thank you. That's the most helpful answer I've been given

Comment

Originally posted by Chessa View Post
            I actually have no idea what exactly a necromancer *does*, but I'm dating one. And he's one of like 3 people who's never dragged me into his business, so I just go with it. It's kind of interesting really, but *every single time* someone is about to stop and explain, they get sidetracked about 5 words in. So I just decided I know everything about necromancy that the universe intended for me to know.
            Well, a necromancer is someone who works with death magic, raising and speaking to the dead, etc. (at least as far as my knowledge goes)
            I believe in it- but I also believe it is dangerous magic that no one should practice. You never know when you could be inviting an evil soul to Earth......
            That's just my opinion though!
            Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Comment

I worked as a medium at a local spiritualist church for a while back in 2004-2005. I quit because something just didn't feel right. I came to find the idea of contacting the dead disrespectful, and later started to question whether or not it was really the dead we were speaking with, or if it were actually just that we were tuning into the sitter and reading their memories, thoughts and so on. If the latter, then the fact we were convincing them their loved ones were talking seems very dishonest. That said, I appreciate that true or not, it's a healing process for many, to hear their loved ones are still with them, so I've nothing against mediums. It just doesn't sit well with me anymore.

Those feelings become magnified when I think about necromancy, which is an even more intrusive 'use' of the dead. My feelings might change as I continue along my path, but right now, I feel it would be at odds with my own spirituality.
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I agree. Take away all the velvet black robes and spooky candles. You make the dead do your bidding. And those dead were someone's loved ones. It sucks. I detest it. I wish I could necromance all those people and make them do my stupid shit in this world.

The thought of someone calling upon my dead mother and father makes me want to go be a traditional Satanist so I can call forth Satan to smite the holy hell out of those people.

But it's none of my business.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

This reminded me of the animated movie "The book of life" that I watched on HBO. The whole movie is about kinda the "Day of the dead" If you get the chance to see it,I would recommend the watch. I found it interesting because of the references to the actual "Day of the dead" festival(Not sure if that is the right term for it)

A still from the movie.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

There's a Swedish tale that delves into necromancy, and sort of rubs elbows a bit with the story of Cinderella as it waltzes on past to the blood and death part.

A father, after his wife had died under mysterious circumstances, remarried a rather wicked and cruel woman. Each and every day, the man's new wife would set his daughter to do the most tedious, distasteful, and all around nasty chores possible, and would beat her if she failed to do them all. Each and every night, the daughter would go to her father and complain about the woman, but he would dismiss her protests and remind her that she is her new mother, and she had to do what she was told. After everyone would go to sleep, the girl would sneak out of her house to go and sit at her mother's grave, crying and talking to the dead, taking solace in being close to the only person who ever showed her kindness.

Weeks, months, and even a year had passed as the girl endured the same treatment day after day, and the same rejection night after night. After a particularly harsh beating from her stepmother, she attempted to find comfort from her father, but he too had grown hard and cruel like his new wife, and for the first time struck his daughter in anger for speaking badly about his wife, and for not doing her chores. So that night, when she visited her mother's grave, the girl fell to her knees and gripped the stone as tightly as she could. She poured all her anger, frustration, sadness, and betrayal out in her words as she cried. She cried so much that she had no more tears, and instead she wept blood, the crimson droplets falling upon her mother's grave as blood also ran down the gravestone from how tightly she held it. The earth beneath her shuddered and opened, as her deceased mother's body was reawakened by the blood and emotions of her daughter.

Together, the pair returned to where the girl's father and stepmother slept, and the daughter opened the door, bidding whatever now resided within her mother's corpse to enter. As the daughter watched, her mother proceeded to tear her father and step mother into pieces, which she then gathered up to scatter far and wide so that they would never be able to find peace in their death.

Comment

I am a big fan of Dia De Los Muertos. Probably because of my Mexican heritage and living in Los Angeles. It's a very big event here. a
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                        I am a big fan of Dia De Los Muertos. Probably because of my Mexican heritage and living in Los Angeles. It's a very big event here. a
                        Me too, although I have no heritage to claim. I just love the art style. When I dress a samhain altar, I like to have skulls and roses too. I don't mean any disrespect by this slight culteral appropriation, I just really, really love the style. The romanticism of death. I find it somehow healing, and humbling. After all, we can't escape death. We may as well make it beautiful!
                        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
                        X