Tea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea

Hey all. I use tea for basically everything and have a ton of different recipes for everything from fevers to sleeping better. Hoping to lay it all out in one place. So if Anyone has any recipes they like to use, post em!

Fever-Tea
    - Black tea, ginger, turmeric, and lemon - add honey to cut spice down

Sleepy-Tea
    - White tea, lavender flowers, and honey

Nausea
    - Green tea, ginger, lemon

i'll add more when I find my big book, i just moved and it's packed somewhere. These are the 3 that I remember off hand here while i'm at work. hah!

Re: Tea

I just recently started getting serious about tea leaf readings. Do you dabble at all?
    any recipes for bad coughs?
    "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
    And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
    They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
    The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
    - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Off the top of my head...

For a night time tea, I use catnip, lavender, chamomile, and lemon balm.

For a relaxation tea, I use lemon balm and chamomile.

For a general tummy tea I use ginger, slippery elm root, and chamomile

My favorite every day tea blend is green tea with peppermint, spearmint, and lime

I make a tea for Samhain that is Earl Grey with mulling spice and dried apple and dried pumpkin, and another one for ostara that is henbit flowers with white tea. In the summer I make a clover tea.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Norse_Angel - I haven't gotten into tea readings. But with as into tea as I am I might look into it. For bad coughs, it really depends on why you are coughing. If you are coughing because of allergies then add some licorice root to white tea and add honey as needed. Don't drink it with black tea though, it will have almost the reverse effect for some reason.

Thelassa - that Samhain tea sounds amazing

Comment

Clover tea.. yes yes yes..

I haven't been making herbal teas, or even using them from a packet, for quite a few years now. Remembering how I loved clover tea though, has really inspired me! I think I'll keep an eye on this thread and get back into tea!

I make use of hot drinks in order to help me reach my personal goals though! In my case, it's the taste, and maybe to some degree the smell, that's important...

When I was desperately working on improving my spoken Japanese (first half of last year), I'd drink green tea while practising and if I had a good day when my Japanese was flowing nicely, I'd spray the area with rose body spray. Then when I met up with my friends, I'd wear rose body spray and order green tea, to make me subconsciously think about the times I'd practised and done well at home. This really seemed to work! My body spray was like spray-on talent! ^^

Then during the latter half of last year, I changed my focus to improving my reading and writing skills (something I'd neglected, because being conversational was always my priority). I switched then to drinking a particular brand of ground coffee when studying, and changed the scent in my study area to coconut. To this day smelling coconut makes me want to study, and it ignites quite a strong emotional response too!

These days my focus is on becoming more natural/native-like in Japanese. This means studying from the heart rather than the head so that I really get into the soul of the language. I changed my drink to earl grey tea and my scent this time is actually a perfume. The perfume smells similar to a perfume I used to wear when I first got back into Japanese and was a bit of a weeaboo. So that smell takes me back to a time when I thought Japanese was all smiles, kitties and rainbows! As for the earl grey. It was the tea I'd drink with my first (and only significant) girlfriend, so it reminds me of a very happy, youthful and exciting time of my life. It was also this girl who introduced me to pokemon, which developed into an obsession after we split up (I was filling a hole, to use a rather unfortunate metaphor ^^), and it was my desire to go to the pokemon centre in Tokyo, that resulted in me eventually studying Japanese..

So yeah, a tea's ability to heal and transform doesn't just have to come down to the ingredients!
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

That's very cool Jembru, I've heard of sounds and smells helping you remember something on a subconscious level, just never tried it myself. I can definitely see how it would work though.

I have fond memories of Earl Grey as well, as it reminds me of a lost loved one. It is always my go to when I am having a rough day.

Comment

Yeah, gotta love earl grey! It's from my home town, so it's what I usually take as a gift if I visit friends living elsewhere, or as a leaving gift when students graduate and have to go home (I meet a lot of students because of the conversation group I run).

After I wrote about the way I use tea, I remembered I've explained the rose spray before. I was actually inspired to do it in a vision after asking deity for advice on improving my Japanese! Most my best ideas come from meditations! After a lot of digging, I found the post... Then after all that effort, I made no mention of the green tea... Still, I found it, so I'm going to share anyway. http://www.paganforum.com/showthread...608#post135608 At least it proves I'm honest about what I claim to practise!
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Strugl View Post
                Hey all. I use tea for basically everything and have a ton of different recipes for everything from fevers to sleeping better. Hoping to lay it all out in one place. So if Anyone has any recipes they like to use, post em!

Fever-Tea
                - Black tea, ginger, turmeric, and lemon - add honey to cut spice down

Sleepy-Tea
                - White tea, lavender flowers, and honey

Nausea
                - Green tea, ginger, lemon

i'll add more when I find my big book, i just moved and it's packed somewhere. These are the 3 that I remember off hand here while i'm at work. hah!

So when you say black tea, green tea and white tea do you have any specifics and I ask this because there are many different types of all these.
                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

there are many types. I leave it open because the types don't matter as much as the styles. I have a massive container of Ceylon that I use for all of my black tea recipes personally, because it is cheap and effective. But at the same time I have close to 20 other kinds of black tea that I use for flavor. For green i use Dragon Pearls, because it is very mellow and can blend well with most things, and for white i use Silver Needle because of how smooth and comforting it is

Comment

Yeah, I could never use white tea in a night time tea. Even though there is supposed to be less caffiene, the amount of caffiene in white tea varies pretty wildly (I've seen a couple varieties with more than what is in my black tea). Even some of the mildest ones, I still notice since I're pretty sensitive to caffiene...I'd never sleep, or I'd sleep very poorly.

ETA: a couple of my blog posts about tea that might be of interest:

I like tea. If you are a regular reader, you may have guessed this already.  I mean, I do include what tea I’ve had to drink that day in my  weekly musings posts! To be precise, I like all so…

A couple days ago, we talked about learning to experiment with brewing herbal teas.  Today we are going to talk about making teas (herbal and non) magical… “Tea is drunk to forget the d…
                    Last edited by thalassa; 07 Apr 2015, 06:44.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

thalassa, do you just make a herbal concoction rather than making a tea then?

Comment

Originally posted by Strugl View Post
                        thalassa, do you just make a herbal concoction rather than making a tea then?
                        For night time, or for relaxation, yes. I make a tisane/infusion. But I still call it tea (even if its not C. sinensis)...I'm lazy about proper lingo. If its plants in water, its tea to me.
                        sigpic

Comment

haha, I agree with that sentiment. Just because there is no tea in it does not mean you have to call it something else. At this point, everyone knows what you are talking about.

What tisane do you use for sleep/relaxation?

*edit* nevermind, I see it in an earlier post. I'll find something else to do with the piost

Comment

I was going to use the mess up post above for this but didn't get back in time. O well.

I found some more of my recipes! These are for digestive issues.

Bloating - Simmer some fennel seeds for 10 minutes in the water before you make your tea. I haven't used this one a whole lot, but the wife says it works. Haven't found that a particular kind of tea works better than others

Gassy - Simmer 1/2 teaspoon of Caraway seeds for 5 minutes in the water before you make your tea. Green is best for this.

Burning​ - Add Turmeric root and honey to green tea

Heavy, Undigested - My grandmother always said that bitter is better. well this one takes the cake. Dandelion leaves are good for this. Unfortunately you need that bitter flavor so no sweetening it!

Cramps - 1 teaspoon of Chamomile flowers is really good for IBS type cramps. Unfortunately doesn't seem to work for period cramps, sorry.

Comment

For fevers I always used to make my own elderflower tea. it smells disgusting (add a spoonful or honey and it won't taste too bad) like cat's pee, but it works brilliantly. Stops colds in their tracks too.

Norse Angel - yes, I do tea leaf readings. Not so much now though because of my eyesight.
                              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Working...
                              X