This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightdragon's Crystal/Stone Info Thread

NOTE: It seems like more and more people are using pieces of this thread and even the entire thread on other sites. Wolfsong has no problem with people doing this but he would ask that you give him credit somewhere within your site. It took years of work for him to compile this and he would appreciate you honoring this small request of his.

the rest are his words.

I desided it would be fun to break down quartz properties based on thier formations. To facilitate this I have dug through my quartz and photographed the differant formations and attached to each one a very basic outline of that particular formation's properties. The outlines are very basic as I wanted them to be. This thread is only meant to give basic information and to give you a visual idea as to what each formation looks like. If any formation sparks an interest I would encourage you to seek out more information. I'm sure everyone here would be more than willing to help out.

That being said lets get the ball rolling

Quartz

Quartz is one of the most common compounds in the Earth's crust and can also be found in meteorites as well as moon rocks. Throughout history it has had gemstone, spiritual, ornamental and collecting uses. In modern times you find quartz in many everyday items including sandpaper, ceramics, soap, clocks, computers, radios and much more. In electrical tests it was shown to produce regular electrical pulses and field changes which inventors could predict. It was the first crystal used in radio wave transceivers, is used in watches and time pieces, and was essential in the development of computers.
    For spiritualists and spiritual healers no stone is as essential to thier craft as Quartz. Embodying all the qualities they seek, it is the quintessential healing crystal. It is believed that its crystal formation can align the harmonies within the human body, that the crystal can be programmed easily, that acupuncture needles coated with Quartz are more effective, and that it has the ability to send and receive energy. It is without a doubt the crystal most widely used within the pagan community for almost any conceivable purpose.

Geological Side of Quartz

Clear Quartz is composed of Silicon and Oxygen, the Earth's most common elements. Any impurities are generally trace elements of Aluminum, Lithium, Potassium or Sodium.
    Quartz has a hexagonal crystal structure made of trigonal crystalized silica (silicon diaxiade, SiO2). It has a hardness of 7 and its density is 2.65 g/cm3. The primary microcrystalline crystal classification of Quatrz is trigonal, containing four axes, three of which intersect to form a plane intersected by the forth. Based on impurities or disruptions of the formation process, samples may contain encrustations and phantom crystals. The most important distinction between types of quartz is that of individual crystals visible to the unaided eye (macrocrystalline) and aggregates of crystals visible only under high powered magnification (cryptocrytalline). Even though historically quartz has been named due to its coloration, current scientific naming refers primarily to the microstructure of the mineral. Color is the secondary identifier for cryptocrystalline structures and the primary identifier of the macrocrystalline structures. Even this however doesnt always hold true.
    The name Quartz comes from the German Quarz which is of Slavic origin. Others say the name comes from the Saxon Querkluftertz meaning cross-vien ore.
    Quartz also creates electricity through a process called piezoelectricity when mechanical stress is applied to it.
    Amethyst: In the 20th century the color of amethyst was said to be cause by the presence of manganese. Since it is capable of being greatly altered by heat however, the color was believed by some to be from an organic source. Both sulfur and ferric thiocyanate were said to have been detected. In 2005 it was discovered that impurity atoms are responsible for the color of amethyst. Amethyst is composed of an irregular superposition of alternate lamellae of right-handed and left-handed quartz. Because of this amethyst breaks with a ripple fracture. Some mineralogists apply the name of amethyst to all quartz with this structure regardless of the color.
    Citrine: Citrine contains ferric iron impurities and is rarely found naturally. Most commercial citrine is actually artificially heated amethyst or smokey quartz.
    Milky Quartz: The whiteness of this quartz is caused by inclusions of minute gas and/or water bubbles.
    Rose Quartz: The color is due to trace amounts of titanium, iron or manganese. Some Rose Quartz contains microscopic rutile needles which produces an asterism in transmitted light. Recently X-ray diffraction studies suggest that the color is due to thin microscopic fibers of dumortierite. When found in crystal form the color is thought to be due to trace amounts of phosphate or aluminium. The color is photosensitive and may fade over time.
    Shocked Quartz: This is a form of quartz that has a microscopic structure that is different from normal quartz. Under intense pressure the crystal structure of quartz becomes deformed along planes inside the crystal. These planes show up as lines which are called shock lamellae.
    Smokey Quartz: The coloration in smokey quartz is caused through the natural irradication of aluminium-containing rock crystal. When it becomes very dark brown to black opaque it is known as morion.
    Crystals may also contain prisms or form as twinned, doubly terminated, healed, generator, tabular, faden-lined, windowed, time line, record keeper, channeling, isis, bridge, dow, elestial, grounding, extra terrestrial, Japanese law twin, key, barnicle formations and more.

Quartz In History

It is safe to say that Quartz has been collected since the earliest humans came into contact with it. Prehistoric burial sites contain many items and amoung them can be found Quartz. Quartz, to these early humans, must have seemed as gifts from nature and its clarity, beauty, and geometric perfection could only have instilled awe and reverance amoungst these cultures.
    Natural caves that contained Quartz, wherever they existed, became attractors for healers and sacred work around the world. These healers and the people who carried out this work are now for the most part called shamans.
    In ancient Egypt, glazed Quartz surved as a substitute when no high quatlity Turquoise could be found.
    The Greeks had originally named Quartz Krystallos, the word for ice, but this soon came to mean any crystal.
    Pliny the Elder believed Quartz was permanently frozen ice. His belief in this came from his idea that Quartz was to be found near claciers in the Alps and the fact that large Quartz crystals were fashioned into spheres to cool the hands.
    In China's Ming Dynasty, Quartz was often seen in jewelery.
    In Pre-Columbia, explorations of Mixtec graves have uncovered Quartz used for ear jewelery.
    In European history, Queen Elizabeth 1's spiritualist's crystal ball was Smokey Quartz which is also the national gem of Scotland who's national scepter included a large Smokey Quartz on top. European royalty in the 18th and 19th centuries went through a Quartz collecting "fad". In some cases this was the beginning of mineral collections now found in museums throughout Europe.
    The British believed that nine Quartz collected from a brook and boiled in water from the same brook would impart healing energies to the water.
    North American Indians used Quartz for ritual work and jewelry. Arrowheads, knives, and ornamental objects made of Quartz have been found throughout North America. Quartz crystals mounted on ceremonial bojects have been found in California. The Cherokee used them for divining as well as a charm for hunting. After a successful hunt they would rejuventate its powers by cleansing it in deer blood. The Hottentots used sharpened Quartz objects for sacrificing animals and circumcising young boys.
    In Australia the Aranda were known to initiate healers by rubbing thier bodies with Quartz to the point of causing abrasions. They would press crystals into his scalp and then proceed to other stages of the initiation including pearcing and tattooing.
    In places such as the Malay Peninsala, Australia, South America and to a lesser extent Siberia the shaman places Quartz into the initiate's head with the belief that they will eat out the initiate's brains and eyes and replace them thus becoming thier strength. In other cases the Quartz symbolizes the healers' helping spirits.
    I find it amazing that in all of the places above as well as within most cultures around the world Quartz was believed to carry within it the spirits of everything ranging from ancestors, animals, spirit guides and so on. And in all these areas these spirits were consulted to help with healing, finding souls and most importantly, initiatory rites. It was for these reasons that all of these cultures to some extent placed Quartz within the bodies of thier most sacred and trusted healers. What better way to access these spirits than to implant them into your physical body and truely become one with them. In some cases if a healer had undergone the proceedure of having Quartz placed within his body, after his death, the Quartz would be removed and reinserted into his favorite student.
    The use of Quartz on all levels of existance can be found throughout the world and throughout its cultures. Although some cultures delved deeper than others if one searches hard enough evidence of its use will be found world wide, both in the past as well as in the present.

Shamanism

The word shaman has its origin in manchu-tangu and has reached the ethnologic vocabulary through Russian. The word originated from saman (xaman), derived from the verb scha-, "to know", so shaman means someone who knows. Further ethnologic research shows that the true origin for the word Shaman can be tracked from the Sanskrit initially, then through Chinese-Buddhist mediation to the manchu-tangu, indicating a much deeper connection between early Buddhism and Shamanism. In Sanskrit it is Sramana translated to something like "buddhist monk". The intermediate Chinese term is scha-men. The Siberian and Central Asian peoples also had local terms for the Shaman. In alataic Turkish it was kam, in Yacuto, ojon, in the Butirates, boo, and in Central Asia, bakshi, for the Samoans, tadibe, Lapps, moita, Finnish, tieojo and Hungarians, taltos.
    Definitions of "Shaman" vary around the world. Here are a few.
    "Indigenous healer who deliberately alters his consciousness in order to obtain knowledge and power from the world of the spirits in order to help and cure the members of his tribe" (S. Krippner, 1990)
    The Ojibway, speaking of the Midewiwin, a Secret Ojibwa Medicine Society: "It is the person, man or woman, who experiences, absorbs, and communicates a special form of support, of healing power" (A. Grimm, 1987)
    "He who knows the archaic techniques of ecstasy" (M. Eliade, 1972)
    "A person to whom special powers are attributed for communicating with the spirits and influence them dissociating his soul from his body. The spirits help him do his chores which include discovering the cause of sickness, hunger and any disgrace, and prescribing an appropriate cure. They are found among the Siberians and other Asiatic people; his activity also evolves among many other religions and with other names." (The Cambridge Encyclopedia, 1990)
    "The eternal art of living in harmony with creation." (J. Matthews, 1991)
    "There are three key elements for defining Shamans:
    1) They can voluntarily enter altered states of consciousness
    2) In these states they can feel themselves "travel".
    3) They use these journeys as a method of acquiring knowledge or power and for helping the people of their community." (R. N. Walsch, 1990)
    Shamanism, although not considered a religion today by its practitioners, is thought by some scholers to be the oldest religion in the world dating back 100,000 years or more. Shamans are considered masters at achieving altered states of consciousness and use these journeys to identify and heal individuals both mentaly and physically. Shamans are also looked at as being at one with nature and using plants and other materials such as Quartz to carry out thier work. They are catalysts of social evolution ever seeking to bring about change through magic and ritual in a natural environment.

Animatism

One cannot talk about Shamanism or any type of nature work without touching on the concept of "animatism". The word was first brought to us by an anthropologist named R.R. Marret who 100 years ago proposed that the origin of spiritual awareness was to be found amoungst indigenous peoples' widespread belief in a supernatural power that pervades and animates all things. He called this belief "animatism". Examples of this are found worldwide. Amoungst the Algonquins it is known as "manitou", Muslims called it "baraka", Chinese "Chi", Hindus "prana", Polynesians "mana", and the Kalahari Bushmen referred to this invisible force as "num". It was the cause of extraordinary events, both good and bad luck and unusual powers. All cultures believed that this force existed throughout the universe and that certain areas and objects tended to concentrate this energy. Most everyone today believes in the existence of this power. Shamans and natural healers however know with certainty that this energy is real. Indigenous cultures world wide agree that this power can be transmitted through touch, that it may be used for good and evil, that it can be absorbed through proximity, and that it can be stored in objects such as Quartz.

Mythology

In mythology the ancient Japanese, who revered Dragons as a major part of their creation myths, believed Quartz formed from the breath of a white dragon. To them, Quartz was representative of perfection, which, while unattainable, was worthy of pursuit. Indian culture believed it could detect food poisoning. Quartz played essential roles in the rain rituals of Native Americans and Australian Aboriginals. Daramulun, an Australian sky god is usually portrayed with a mouth full of Quartz, a huge phallus, and carrying a stone axe. Quartz also graced the temples of the ancient Chinese. In western culture, Christian relics were often made of Quartz and many thought it was ice in a fossilized form. The Greeks believed that Amor and Eros brought Rose Quartz to earth.

Cleansing Crystals

When one first recieves a crystal it is a good idea to spend some time cleansing it. There are many processes for this and here I will mention only a few. Most methods are accomplished with the use of ritual but some prefer to let nature alone do the process and after this is done to do a ritual which acknowledges the new bond being created.
    Water: Some cleanse their crystals using water. This can be done by allowing the crystal to sit submerged in water for a set period of time ranging from a few hours to days. Some prefer a river with flowing water to "wash away" old unwanted energies. Others prefer a bowl of distilled water while still others prefer consecrated water.
    Earth: Just as with water some prefer to bury their crystal in the earth for a set period of time. The time may vary just as mentioned above for water. Here one believes that the earth herself will absorb all unwanted energies.
    Sun and/or Moon: Just as with water and earth some choose to cleanse thier crystals using the energies of the sun and the moon. In both cases the crystals are left within sight of the sun or the moon for a set period of time. Some may take into account the solar or lunar cycles as well.
    Elements: At times people prefer a ritual which presents the crystal to the elements and asks each element to cleanse the crystal in specific ways related to the element.
    As is often the case many choose to combine aspects of the above to create thier own cleansing ritual. It must always be remembered that with all ritual work there is no right or wrong. The only thing that matters is that it works for you. The following is how I cleanse my stones and I encourage people to try it if it fits thier beliefs.
    When I first recieve a crystal, no matter if I bought it or if I found it, I take a few minutes to wash it in distilled water or in a nearby source of natural water. I then take some time to scan the crystal to learn if it is male or female. During this process the crystal has its first chance to scan me as well and it is through this first contact that the foundations are built for your relationship with it. I try not to project and feelings or emotions into it but allow myself to open completely to it thus allowing it to search within me. At this point, depending if the crystal is male or female I allow it to sit either under the light of the sun or the moon. If it is the moon I do this during the 3 day cycle of the full moon and if it is the sun on any day when it is sunny. If a crystal has come to me close to the summer solstice I try to cleanse it that day but unfortuneately this only happens for a small percentage of my crystals. No matter what however every summer solstice all my male stones get to spend the day basking in its glory. (A personal note, much of my work revolves around the sun and the moon, thier cycles and thier energies. I was born on June 21, 1959 in the early morning hours so not only was this the summer solstice but for that particular year and that particular day it was also the one of the days of the full moon cycle. When I share this with people most look at me and comment "well that explains a lot" and then throw me a sly smile) Once this process is complete I once again spend time in meditation with the crystal to try and sense its cleansed energies. This ends the cleansing for me but my work has just begun. Now comes the process of learning from each other and harmonizing our energies. My process is not short or convienient at times but it works for me. I encourage everyone to seek out a system which works for them for it is this work which will form the cornerstone of your relationship with any stone.

Quartz Formations and the Properties they Exibit

Esoteric Commonalities Amoungst Quartz: For healing it is considered a Master Healer. It amplifies healing energies and is commonly used for diagnostic work. It strengthens the body as well as improves stamina and mental engergies. It effectively treats intestinal troubles, bone injuries, arthritis, fatigue and depression. Its associated with the crown chakra but is also useful for balancing and alining all chakras.
    When discussing healing with quartz it is important to understand the belief beind this process. It is commonly believed that disease or discomfort caused within the physical body is at least in part due to the disruption or unbalancing of energies within the etheric bodies. If one can re-establish or bring balance to this energy healing will more easily take place. With the help of crystals one can bring into effect the harmonizing of the body's energy fields.
    To understand the use of Quartz in healing a little more intimately one must also understand the four magor brainwave patterns and the role they play within healing.
    The Beta wave exists when the mind is conscious and on average cycles twenty-one times per second.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Stone Identification tips

Here's a basic list to post along with any stones you wish to post here. by giving this info it will make it easier for people to help identify the stone.
    It's no guarentee that you will get the stone identified but it increases the chances.

provide a clear picture of the stone. make sure the photograph lighting is the same as it is in regular lighting. and make sure it's as clear as possible.
    providing a dark,blured image, with the wrong color will decrease the chances of getting the stone identified. Also using just the photograph will get a slim chance of identification.

what color is it?
    (just in case you have a camera that has problems with lighting this will help out people greatly.)

what is it's hardness?
    (using the MOH's hardness scale it can help determine how hard is the stone in question. one method is using a scratch test.more of it later)

what is it's dimensions or a brief desription of it?

Where did you get it or find it?
    (like for example did you find it in a lake, road,cave,etc. also what country or area you found it in. this helps greatly)

What known minerials are in the area you found this stone?

MOH's Scale
    10diamond9corundum (ruby, sapphire)8beryl (emerald, aquamarine)7.5garnet6.5-7.5steel file7.0quartz (amethyst, citrine, agate)6feldspar (spectrolite)5.5-6.5most glass5apatite4fluorite3calcite, a penny2.5fingernail2gypsum1talc

Talc 1
    Gypsum 2
    Fingernail 2.5
    calcite,penny 3
    Fluorite 4
    Apatite 5
    glass 5.5-6.5
    spectrolite 6
    quartz 7
    steel file 6.5-7.5
    Garnet 7.5
    aquamarine 8
    saphire file 9
    diamond 10

test your minerial against other points to get a good idea of its hardness.
    using your finger to scratch it means that the hardness of it is 2.5 or softer. if not then it's harder than 2.5

next scratch it with a penny. if you can't then the hardness is between 3-6. Calcite for example is a 3 on the MOH's scale. that means a piece of quartz and a penny can scratch it but your finger nail can not.

to give a further example:
    fingernail 2.5
    piece of glass or a steel knife 5.5-6.5
    piece of quartz 7
    saphire file 9

Here are also some links to help you identify your stones

Eureka! You've found it - Bestcrystals.com, with a large inventory of healing crystals and stones, serving the metaphysical community and collectors. Crystals, minerals, fossils, meteorites, tumbled stones, and rough stones. Purveyors of crystals and minerals from around the world, since 1994.

also if thse still are exhausted then go to the nearest museum of minerial place in your are to identify the stone. For example in New York City,N.Y. USA. you would go to the American Museum of Natural History and go to the geology dept. for them to help you identify the stone. Also don't forget to bring the stone with you as they might want to do tests on it.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Comment

Books on Stones

Now when I first began studying stones. my first resources were sheets made by someone in the store. usually they were only a paragraph to maybe a sentence or two. So if you do go to a new age shop, try to ask for one of these sheets. they are quick fact sheets. and are extremely handy.

A good book for identifying stones is Golden books rock and minerials book. it's geared for children and usually most museum shops would carry it or a book similar to it. it's more of a rockhound book than a book for metaphysical purposes. and will give a person a fair idea of what the stones will look like.

Scott Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal,Gem &Metal Magic :this was my first book on studying stonelore. it still has some useful stuff in it. but is slowly becoming outdated. as someone from another board mentioned it divides stones as active and passive. and blue stones in this book are considered passive. however stones like Lapis luzuli are a very active stone. still has some spell lore in it.

LOVE IS IN THE EARTH, A Kaleidoscope of Crystals by MELODY: very useful book. but bear in mind that although she has over 700 different type of stones in there, it is not the be all or end all of stones. as on numerious occasions me and several people could not find certain stones in her book.Also she will not give knowledge on stones that extremely toxic like mercury or uses for new ivory and tortoise shell.

LOVE IS IN THE EARTH KALEIDOSCOPIC PICTORIAL *Supplement A and Supplement Z by MELODY: never got around to getting supplement z although i browsed through it in one or two book shops.
      these two books either give additional inormation as well as pictorals of ALL the stones in the book.

the other books by MELODY are also good by recommendation from other known gemlorists.

also MELODY put out a book:
      Love Is in the Earth - the Crystal and Mineral Encyclopedia - the Little Fantastic and the Last Testament: The Encyclopedia Describing the Metaphysical and Mineralogical Properties of the Mineral Kingdom which is a combo of all her other books with additional info. but it will be a heavy book at 9.6 pounds and is 976 pages. current price for it is about $67 USD at Amazon.com.

Crystal Awareness by Catherine Bowman:an excellent book for using quartz crystals in healing practices and it is excellent for a rank beginner in stone lore. has the most basic of info with crystal quartzes. if other books will overwhelm you this one won't.

Crystal Enlightenment by Katrina Raphaell , I got this book for free when a new age shop was closing and they gave me some of the store copies. while it is far from MELODY's books it is a little better in stone lore than the Bowman book listed above. written in 1985
      it sill has some useful info but it has some info on Lemuria and Atlantis and other New Age mythos. This can be ignored if you want to.

Michael's Gemstone Dictionary by "Michael", JP Van Hulle and Judithan H.David ,Ph.D. a red flag comes up when the knowledge of the book is channeled through a collective group of 1050 entities known as Michael. supposedly some or all of them lived on this plane of existance at one time. again more New Age mythos in how the knowledge was obtained. from my experience the knowledge is useful. I got this book the same way as Crystal Enlightenmet. i would recommend you to get a used copy as it is way way cheaper than a new one.

The Women's Book of Healing by Diane Stein . Ok again another book i got like the other two. it will generate a lot of feminist viewpoints which might be a turnoff for some people. despite the title a man can use it or at least some of the contents. has some useful stuff in it.

Dunwich's Guide to Gemstone Sorcery by Gerina Dunwich. a good to okay book on folklore and on employing stones in spell use. as well as a good number of Wiccan/pagan references. has info on cursed stones, spells and of course uses on healing. will have a brief listing of what goetic demons are useful in helping the caster learn more on gemstones.

Healing Crystals and Gemstones: From Amethyst to Zircon by Dr.Flora Peschek-Bohmer and Gisela Schreiber and is translated by Sibylle Dausien. This is an excellent book on a lot of German stonelore techniques. while it doesn't have the vast amount of stones that MELODY's books have, it does have another way to use stones in healing.

Other books that were recommended to me seem ok are

Crystal Power Crystal Healing - Gienger

Mystical Lore of Precious Stones - Kunz

The Curious Lore of Presious Stones - Kunz

Field Guide to Rocks and Minerals - National Audubon Society

Field Guide to North American Rocks and Minerals - National Audubon Society,

Handbook Of Rocks Minerals & Gemstones by Walter Schumann

Falling Stars - Reynolds

Cambridge Encyclopedia of Meteorites

Amber Window to the Past - Grimaldi

Beyond the Blue Horizon: Myths and Legends of the Sun, Moon, Stars and Planets... by E.C. Krupp

Caves: Exploring Hidden Realms" by Michael Ray Taylor, Ronal C. Kerbo. from what i heard excellent photography

Stone Power by Dorothee Mella

Gemstones published by Sterling publishing Co

Judy Hall's Crystal Bible

Corrine Kenner's Crystals for Beginners

Gem and Mineral Lore: Remedies, Magick and Folklore by Rev. Paul V. Beyerl

some of these books you can get at Amazon.com

from "Lilith"
      Healing Crystals: A-Z to 430 Gemstones by Michael Gienger
      Crystals by Jennie Harding

Comment

Stones for bags

I would strongly recommend to use no more than three stones in a pouch. As that is what the average person can work with , but if you feel you can work with more , feel free. also feel free to work with less than three. And if you if you know of another combination, feel free to post it.
        In some combinations I put in hematite or tiger iron as some people have problems working with this stone. if you have a really heavy feeling then use the tiger iron.

Acting, to help with
        Carnelian
        quartz
        cat's eye

Addictions
        amethyst
        smoky quartz
        quartz

Against the evil eye
        Red coral
        Rhodochrosite
        Gold(in the shape of a Mano Fica or Mano Cornufa)
        silver(ditto)

Animal guide attraction
        Rainforest Rhyolite
        Tanzanite
        Clear quartz

Art,to help with
        Chrysocolla
        Moqui Marbles
        picasso stone
        tourmaline,green
        chrysoprase

Astral projection
        blue kyanite(gem quality as it is much harder)
        astrophyllite
        black opal
        quartz crystal

Balancing energies
        watermelon tourmaline
        moonstone
        smoky quartz

Child abuse recovery
        Rose quartz
        green aventurine
        watermelon tourmaline
        pink tourmaline

Childbirth, to help with
        Red jasper
        clear quartz
        Ruby(brings on labor)

Conception
        ruby
        red jasper
        red coral
        moonstone

Confusion,to get rid of
        sodalite
        hematite or tiger iron
        bornite

Contacting your higher self
        unopened crystal geode
        angelite
        amethyst

courage
        bloodstone
        blue topaz
        carnelian
        red aventurine

Decision making
        Selenite
        Icelandic spar calcite
        clear quartz

Defensive magick
        Onyx
        Red Jasper
        Pure iron
        jet
        sulphur(solid ,not powdered)
        black coral
        apache tear
        black kyanite
        lead
        lodestone
        snowflake obsidian
        turquoise
        steel

Depression
        amethyst
        emerald
        smoky quartz
        citrine
        fire opal
        rose quartz

Destroy or block magic
        brass
        pure iron

Dreams
        amethyst
        herkimer diamond
        jade
        quartz crystal

Emotional trama
        Azurite
        lapis lazuli
        mahogany obsidian
        orange goldstone
        pink tourmaline

Femine energy
        Pearls(sea)
        moonstone
        silver

Financial improvement
        granite
        gypsum pyrite

Ghost investigating
        black tourmaline
        jet
        tanzanite

Grief over loss
        azurite
        flint
        lapis lazuli
        mahogany obsidian
        snowflake obsidian

Grounding & centering
        Hematite or tiger iron
        gold tiger's eye
        magnetite
        pyrite

Increasing magickal power
        silver aventurine
        barite
        rutile quartz
        tourmalated quartz

Incest recovery
        blue sapphire
        chrysocolla
        lapis lazuli

Love
        emerald
        red lodestone
        Rose quartz
        ruby
        -------these stones togather---
        rose quartz -to bring self love
        quartz -a general enhancer
        tiger's eye- bring passion
        lapis lazuli- express your inner self
        ---------------------

Luck
        amazonite
        apache tear
        turquoise

luck with jobs
        amzonite
        emerald
        low grade aquamarine
        pyrite
        tin

Masculine energy
        gold
        clear quartz
        smoky quartz

Meditations
        avalonite
        blue kyanite(gem quality as this type is much harder)
        rainforest rhyolite
        clear quartz crystal

Memory
        hematite or tiger iron
        clear calcite
        icelandic spar
        pyrite

Mentral problems
        moonstone
        bloodstone(for excessive bleeding)
        lava(ditto)
        Hematite(low menstral flow)
        pumice(ditto)
        Blue lace agate(cramps)
        chrysocolla(ditto)
        Labradorite(low back aches due to menstral problems)
        carnelian(ditto)

Money
        Emerald
        gold
        green lodestone
        ruby
        tiger's eye
        tin

Nightmares,to halt
        jet
        ruby
        clear quartz

Past life regression
        blizzard stone
        blue amethyst
        fossils
        petrified wood
        strawberry quartz

peace
        amethyst
        aquamarine
        blue lace agate
        celestite
        ocean jasper

physical fitness
        blue tiger's eye
        flint
        gypsum

Physical energy,to increase
        bloodstone
        blue tiger's eye
        labradorite

physic abilities
        moonstone
        silver
        sugalite
        tanzanite

PMS
        amethyst
        black tourmaline
        chrysocolla
        moonstone
        smoky quartz

projects,to gain support
        granite
        meterorite
        pyrite

projects,to help with
        granite
        hematite
        sodalite

protection from negative envirnoment(non-magical or entity related)
        hematite or tiger iron
        pyrite
        red jasper
        ----use these together-----
        black tourmaline - to absorb the negativity
        black obsidian -general protection
        quartz -enhance the stones
        amethyst- give inner peace and healing
        ----------------

protection from ghosts
        black tourmaline
        jet
        onyx
        red jasper
        tanzanite

Psychic abilities ,to enhance
        amethyst
        aquamarine
        emerald
        quartz

public speaking
        carnelian
        lapis lazuli
        yellow jasper

Rape recovery
        black tourmaline
        chrysocolla
        lapis lazuli

Recovery after a sickness
        blue lace agate
        flint
        gypsum

Self-esteem
        citrine
        peacock ore
        pumice

Sending magical energy
        copper
        lodestone
        malachite

Sexuality,to decrease
        onyx
        quartz

Sexuality, to increase
        alexandrite
        carnelian
        ruby

sleep, to help
        moonstone
        periodt
        sodalite

stress
        amethyst
        aquamarine
        rose quartz
        selenite
        smoky quartz

success
        amazonite
        labradorite
        marble

Comment

Wolfsong's Quartz:Atlantean/Lemurian record keepers

The following is from Wolfsong on this subject:

I don't think I have spoken of Atlantean Quartz and if I have it was only in passing. This is largely due because I find myself biased towards it. It supposedly allows contact with Atlantis and the knowledge from there. Although I have attempted to work with it several times I have never been able to make a link in this regards so rather than get into large debates about these crystals I choose to not talk about them often. Several other people I know have experimented with them as well and like me have had no results. In all honesty I have yet to meet a person who has had success working with these in person. I don't doubt they work for some people but I personally have no interest in this line of Quartz work.

All that being said Atlantean crystals from what I have heard can take the form of seed crystals. What one needs to remember is that the original seed crystals came from a specific locale in Brazil but now the formations have been found in several other areas around the world. Seed crystals coming from the formation defining locale are not linked with Atlantean crystals but seed crystals from other locales have been linked by some.

In regards to Dimensional Quartz. Myself and many I know feel this is a name given to Quartz which has gone by other names in the past or put another way... a new name given to types of quartz which in the past have helped people with out-of-body work, astral travel, divination or any other type of work which falls within this grouping. Basically Quartz which allows you to travel to or across other demensions to gain knowledge and bring it back into your reality. (keep in mind time, to some, is considered another (demension(s).) This isn't nessessarily a bad idea but as one learns more about quartz one realises that to work with dimensional quartz effectively one needs to understand the differing forms of travel different Quartz formations offer and when one does this it brings them back to the old associations given to specific Quartz formations before the term "demensional quartz" was used.

In regards to it being "warm and light" this falls in line with most quartz formations which assist one in out-of-body work. Most people do this in two stages and without saying too much it really comes down to allowing oneself to first enter the crystal and then allowing the crystal to open the doorway so-to-speak.

Lightbrary's do somewhat the same thing but in a slightly different way.

This actually brings up another interesting subject which I will get to in the quartz thread more deeply... that being today's metaphysical community giving new names to old ideas.

In the end I tend to stick with the old names as they tend to be more universally accepted and more refined but it's always a good idea to keep up with the terms used today just so one remains in the loop. You will also find that different cultures have different names for the same associations.... Brazilian medicine men of the past have some of the most refined quartz definitions and properties for the formations.

Lemurian Seed Crystals were mined in Brazil. Apparently they were found at the top of a hill that was being strip-mined for Quartz. These were not and are in no way linked with the Atlantean crystals. What happens many times however is that the same type of formation is found in other areas of the world later on and go by the same name. The stepped pattern of Lemurian Seed Crystals are now found in many areas throughout the world including Mt. Ida, Russia, Pakistan, India, China and many other places. What happens so often is that as formations are found in different areas people attach more and different properties to them and this is what has happened with some of the seed crystals coming from different locales.

Also, keep in mind that I said this link way made by "some". As I said above I do not follow this train of thought in regards to these crystals but I do find the Lemurian Seed Crystals very useful in other aspects.

The same thing has happened to many other minerals as well. I know that for myself personally certain formations or mineral types from different locations around the world hold different or slightly varying properties making them more effective under different circumstances. If I'm not mistaking CzechWoods has mentioned this

The raised or sunken triangles were originally referred to as "Record-Keeper Crystals". In the late 70s some started referring to them as "Atlantean Record-Keeper Crystals". This naming by some didn't bother too many people due to the fact that these triangular formations have always been thought to hold records of the past and if those who believed in the concept of Atlantis found records from there hidden within these crystals it held true to the belief that Record-Keeper Crystals hold ancient knowledge from throughout the universe. Today raised triangles on crystals are referred to by both terms some calling them Atlantean Record-Keepers and others calling them Record-Keepers. As I've stated so many times in the end it come down to what you learn from the crystal and not what anyone tells you about it. If you feel the crystal has a connection to Atlantis and its lost archives then it does.

Lemurian crystals traditionally is a crystal which has a step pattern going up the side(s) as I mentioned above. The step pattern usually creates a tapering effect making it slightly smaller on one end. The ones coming out of Brazil do have a pinkish hue to them and this is what sets them apart from most others but rarely one finds ones with pink coming out of Pakistan as well. Although many hold to the fact that they must have a pinkish tinge many clear stepped and tapered crystals are now sold as Lemurian.

If it's a true seed there should be no contact point anywhere.

Let me finish by saying as I did earlier in this thread somewhere that this is a field which is constantly evolving and as it does people's knowledge grows. It's up to each of us as individuals to find which of these "truths" holds true for each of us. Many of the concepts brough up by people are valid and there are some that no matter how hard you try to grasp they just wont fit your ways no matter how hard you try.

The deepest truths and wisdom will never be found in a book or heard from someone else. Those secrets lie only within yourself.

I've heard of these referred to as Recordkeeper rubies and yes... they have similarities to other recordkeepers. What you will find is that any mineral containing triangles can be used as recordkeepers. What differs is what information they actually hold as well as, in some cases, how this information is accessed.

You will find that most posted information on these will say that they contain vast amounts of ancient information and this, in a way, is true. Once you have started working with recordkeeper rubies however you will find that the type of information differs from that contained within Quartz recordkeepers.

Meteoric fragments containing recordkeeper triangles are probably the most unique and their information goes beyond what most other minerals do...

Diamonds are another cool recordkeeper.. heck... all recordkeeper minerals are fascinating .. Some tend to be pretty quirky however

Comment

Stones for Left Hand paths.

Abaddon is associated with ruby

Gold:Amon,Beelzebub aka Baalzebub,Bim aka Bune,Caim aka Camio,Gamygen aka Samigina/Gamigin,Glasya-Labolas aka Caacrinolaas/Caasimola,Murmur,Vassago,

Silver:Abraxas aka Decarabia,Amdusias,Andras,Andrealphus,Hagenti aka Haagenti,Purson/Curson,Seere,Vual aka Uvall,

copper:Astaroth,Agares/Aguares,Amy aka Avnas,Asmodeus aka Asmoday/Sydonay,Barbatos,Cimeries aka Cimejes,Eligor aka Eligos/Abigor,Halpas,Marchosias,Ose aka Oso/Voso,Phenex, Stolas aka
            Stomas,Zepar

Iron:Andras,Andromalius,Beelzebub,Balam,Dantalian, Foreus,Ipos aka Ipes/Ayporos/Aypeos,Morax aka Foraii/Forax/Marax, Sabnack aka Suburac
            /Sabnock,Saleos aka Zaleos/Sallos,Shax aka Chax/Scox,

Tin:Aini aka Aym/Aim/Harborym,Belial,Bifrons,Crocell aka Procel/Purcel,Furcas,Marbas aka Barbas,Naberius aka Nebiros,Ronobe aka Roneve/Ronove,Valefor aka Malaphar,Vine,

Lead:Bathin aka Bathym/Marthim,Botis,Furfur,Gaap aka Tap/Goap,Gomory aka Gomori/Gremory,Gusion aka Gusayn,Malphas,Orobas,Raum,Sytry aka Sitri,Volac,Zagan,

Mercury:Beleth aka Byleth/Elyth,Buer,Flauros aka Havres/Haures,Lucifage Rofocale aka Focalor,Foras aka Forcas,Lerajie,Orias aka Oriax,Paimon, Vapula aka Naphula,Vepar aka Separ,

Bronze:Alloces aka Allocen/Alloein/Allocer

Nickel:Andrealphus

from a "Darth Brooks"

Iron is considered very scared to Setians.Sometimes called the "bones of Typhon. and it is said that Seth "ejaculates" iron from His amputated genitalia, which were placed in the sky to become Ursa Major. This is exactly what the Egyptians thought when they used iron in two different ritual contexts. In one context, they used an iron adze (which is sort of like a spoon) shaped exactly like the Big Dipper and made entirely from iron for the Opening of the Mouth. This is a ritual in which the iron adze is pressed upon the "mouths" of inanimate objects (e.g., statues, corpses, etc.) to "force" their "mouths" open, that they may become sacred fetishes or points of intersection through which hekau ("words of power") may pass back and forth between heaven and earth. In terms of sympathetic magic, the effect is one of animating inanimate objects by making them "kiss" Seth's iron genitals.

The other ritualized context in which iron was used is to ward off evil forces, which is a trait that iron is believed to have in many cultures, not just the Egyptian. Hence why prison bars are made of iron; it's a survival of the ancient belief that iron can keep evil contained. in a Sethian context since only the God with the severed iron genitals (Seth) is strong enough to ward off Ap*phis itself (the supreme force of evil). So iron is an extremely important metal in the Sethian traditions. He was lucky enough to find an iron railroad spike during one of his walks a long time ago, and he took to using it for blessings and banishings. It's not exactly an adze but it's served him well nonetheless. He keeps it on his altar to keep it sufficiently charged. And whenever anybody asks him for some methods to ward off unwanted negative energies that might be tormenting them, one of his first recommendations is to find something made of iron and keep it with them at all times.

aside from iron any rock or stone that is colored red. Red is the sacred color of Seth and anything with the color red is of His essence, from red candles to wily redhead Valkyries. One of the places I've found some of the best red-colored stones are at the shores of the Great Lakes in the United States.

Comment

Stones for the Paranormal

As i used it on a ghost hunting trip and practically had the ghost follow me. The film i took went all black and the heat thermometer broke during the trip then later on it worked. Actually i used tanzanite, quartz, black tourmaline , jet , red jasper and onyx on that trip.

In dealing with astral dragons all are drawn to crystal quartzs (the variety usually doesn`t matter).

in working with astral beings pyrite , gold tiger's eye and quartz are usually used.
              Astral dragons:
              in general all are attracted to quartz.

dragons of light spirit are usually drawn to areas of positive energy and so far apache tears placed around the house will create an area of positive energy to attract them. pyrite

Earth dragons will be attracted to pyrite as well.

chaos dragons from what i gather are usually drawn usually black defensive stones. still a tad fuzzy but the standard quartz works.

Faires:
              rose quartz and fair cross stones

now others will testify that black tourmaline is an excellent stone when ghost hunting or in an environment that has ghost activity. even minor hostile ghost activity.unless the ghost is throwing objects at you. which will be major hostile activity.

another combination is black onyx,turquoise and jade

Comment

Magic Crystals.

ok. i`m gonna have to explain this one otherwise people are gonna say Lightdragon is playing too much with crystals. This is another name for Crackled rock quartz . They are heat treated to give that crackled effect and sometimes dyed. The most common dyes are pink, light blue,yellow. purple, red, dark blue,orange, and green are dyed as well. Usually when the stone is dyed, it will respond to the chakra color without programing it. for example a dyed yellow stone will respond to the third chakra, a red one to the first, etc. non-dyed crackled crystals will resond the same way as normal tumbled quartz crystals
                They are easy to get in tumbled form as most rock shops that have a childrens section will have them. some bead stores will also sell them. Also they might fade in direct sunlight so cleansing with direct sunlight might not be a good idea with these crystals.

Why am I posting this???? Because on another forum. people kept asking what these were on a regular basis. so i decided to post it.

almost any childrens muesum shop will usually sell these, other places that sell rocks to kids. it's newest name is now cracle quartz stones.

also try eBay. but search under crackle quartz and you should find something.

Comment

Re: Wolfsong's Quartz formations & Properties.

The Alpha wave exists when one is dreaming, while creatively thinking, and is the beginning level of suggestiblity of the subconscious mind cycling between seven and fourteen times a seocnd.
                  Theta waves actives the beginning levels of psychokinesis, facilitates painless surgery and initiates powerful levels of suggestibility. It cycles four to seven times a second.
                  Delta waves initiate the deepest of sleep. In this state the mind is open to most suggestions and ESP talents are at thier peek. They cycle at one half to four cycles per second.
                  With the above knowledge and taking into account that Quartz is a natural producer, storer, focuser and amplifyer of energies it is easy to see why it is such an effective healing tool. Analizing the body and energy patterns to identify the energy blockage and/or the unbalanced energies as well as the discomfort and/or disease is the first step. At this point one can deside at which level of consciousness healing will have the greatest effect. (Treatment at times can involve all levels of consciousness and at other times one or any combination of the four.) Lastly an effective healing can be carried out taking all of the above information into account. This whole process lends itself ideally to using Quartz.
                  Of course quartz can be used in many other ways to assist in healing work. The above outline is just one example. One should feel free to experiment with other methods and seek one's own wisdom in regards to any work with quartz.
                  No matter what method you use in your healing work I always suggest to people to explain the process to the individual as one proceeds. If this is not doable due to the state of consciousness they will be in walk them through the proceedure before hand. I'm a strong believer in that there should be no secrets between you and your client. In order to facilitate healing one must ensure the individual is in a calm and relaxed state. One of the surest ways of doing this is to ensure the individual is perfectly clear on what will be taking place.
                  No healing should ever be attempted unless the person being healed has asked you for your help and has consented for you to proceed with the process. No matter what you feel about the situation this rule must always be followed.
                  As with all healing the patient should regularly visit a doctor and follow thier directions at all times.

All quartz can be used to absorb, enhance, store, amplify, focus, balance, transmit and transform energies.It can be used for storing and recieving information, harmonizing the environment and energizing other crystals. It is helpful in enhancing thought, manifestion work, healing, meditation, protection, dispelling negativity, increasing creativity, dealing with romantic relationships and purification on all levels. Along with all this it enhances spritual growth and wisdom, dreamwork, scrying and for connecting to your higher self as well as the universe. Quartz also allows itself to be readily programmed.

All of this being said individual Quartz formations hold specific engergies for specific purposes. In the following pages you will find many quartz formations and the properties which they may contain. It is important however to remember that Quartz, at times, opens different doorways for different people and as such nothing which follows is set in stone so to speak. I encourage everyone to work with specific crystals in thier posession to learn everything it has to teach you. I assure you you will encounter many pleasent surprises. It has often been said that it is not the final destination that is important on a journey. It is the journey itself and the wonders one encounters along the way. This holds true with your journey with Quartz as well. If I can say one thing it would be that no matter what you read approach all crystals with an open mind and allow them to speak to you. If you do this you can never go wrong. On with specific formations and thier properties.

Dow Crystal: A dow crystal is a crystal with 3 primary 7 sided faces and 3 smaller triangular faces.

Dow Crystals help one gain intuitive awareness. It is considered 1 of the 12 master crystals. It is considered to be a powerful teaching and healing tool. The most balanced of all crystals they combine the properties of channelling and transmitter crystals. Great for balancing energies as well as emotional bodies. Those interested in numerology will see the suggnificance in the numbers of the six faces (7-3-7-3-7-3).

Chakra: Crown, Third Eye

Key Crystal: This crystal is one which has a 3 or 6 sided indentation somewhere in the crystal.

Key Crystals help answer ones innermost questions, solves problems and gives access to hidden information. It also helps one open doors to healing. You can place this crystal onto letters or anything to gain information as to what is within. Healing methods as well as illusive aspects of oneself can also be revieled through the use of these crystals. This crystal is very useful to healers and ones seeking inner secrets.

Chakra: Root, Third Eye

Manifestation Crystal: A crystal which has another crystal completely enclosed within it. (in the specimen shown the manifestation is shown in the main face of the large crystal)

Manifestation Crystals help one deal and come to grips with an emotional childhood. They assist in working through family issues, helpful in unblocking the cause of pain and helps in dealing with this pain. They also aid in stimulating psychic and spiritual awakening and serve as a reminder of the teacher within.

Isis Crystal:A crystal with a 5 sided face.

For men it is useful in getting in touch with you feminine side. For women it help you regain feminine strength. It also helps one get in touch with the power of the Goddess. These help in understanding what we need in the human condition. Assist in helping us in the now but keeps our imagination alive. They also help restore balance which has been lost due to the misuse of masculine energy. Along with this thier engeries represent wisdom, fidelity in love, and right-mindedness while filling one with an earthed energy which can help deal with grief and loss.

Chakra: Third Eye

Double Terminated & Laser Wand: I've included 2 descriptions for 2 differing crystal formations but only one picture seeing that the picture is a good example of both a DT as well as a laser wand.

First the DT: A crystal which shows a terminated point at each end. Instead of growing from a matrix these crystals grow from a central seed which produces 2 points in the opposite direction.

This crystal can both receive and transmit energy. They can be used for alignment, astral projection, protection and perserverance. This is a very important crystal for anyone doing healing work as they aid greatly in the transferance of energies. Carried they provide physical protection and intensify the aura. These crystals are also capable of creating thier own natural energy which has an amazingly positive effect on health. They also are extremely powerful tools when used for astral projection, dream work, and meditation.

Double terminated clusters (several doubly terminated Crystals which have grown together) combine all the properties of clusters and DT crystals. They are both beautiful and powerful and are great teachers for the healing arts.

Chakra: All

Laser Wand: A long crystal which tapers from end to tip.

They are used to clear negativity, focus healing energy, assists in correcting behavior and helps create protective barriers. Great for projecting energies and therefore great for use as wands or used within wands.

- - - Updated - - -

Record Keeper Crystal: A crystal with 1 or more triangular shapes on one or more sides. They can be either indented or raised. (these shapes are not easily seen so make sure to inspect crystals closely)

It is believed that these crystals hold the wisdom and knowledge of the universe. These crystals hold all secrets but it takes an open mind to access them. It is believed they have been purposely programmed by the universe with the accumulated knowledge of all life on this plane. It is believed that these crystals have been purposefully programmed by the beings who created the energies which activated all life on this plane. They are great meditative tools when seeking or expanding knowledge.

Chakra: Third Eye, Throat

Twin Crystal: These crystals have two points on one base.

They help in creating positive energy for improving relationships. A twin with a rainbow is great for keeping a relationship strong and for helping heal a relationship. They promote a loving exchange and togetherness. They can help find our soul mate. They encourage the recognition of opposites to overcome differances in relationships. The can symbolize the union with the one.

Chakra: Heart, Solar Plexus

Channeling Crystal: A crystal with a 7 sided face and a triangular face on the back side.

The number 7 symbolises the student, and the seeker of spiritual wisdom. Each of the 7 sides symbolises the 7 qualities we must attain to access the wisdom of the inner soul. 3 indicates understanding of what was before inconceivable. This crystal is great for looking within oneself to gain all insight as well as looking outside oneself. Very helpful in helping one develop psychic abilities. They aid in communication with spirit guides.

Amethyst Geode: Although many find differing uses for these I use mine for one purpose only. To cleanse and recharge stones and crystals. During the winter months I have found no better way to do this. Others use these for meditative work as well as regression work. This is done by visualizing the geode as a cave and using it as an entrance to other realms of existance. A great journeying tool.

Window Crystal: A crytal with a diamond shaped face between the body and the tip. (the picture shows a twin with 2 windows)

These are used for clarity and direction. They allow you to open a window to your soul and answer questions while allowing you to bypass ego and intellect. They are used in scrying and other forms of divination. The diamond is comprised of 2 triangles, one pointing up and the other down. One pointing to spirit the other to matter. For this reason they are great for meditation.

- - - Updated - - -

Grounding Crystal: A crystal with an 8 sided face.

These help you deal with practical matters in a realistic way. Helps in communicating clearly, grounding ones energies while maintaining a pragmatic approach to life. They stop one from becoming too "spaced out" when healing and therefore make for a useful healing aid. These crystals are quite rare.

Chakra: Root

Tibetan Singing Crystals: These crystals are unique in the sound they make when lightly hit together. It differs from all other quartz and has a light airy sound.

These make truely amazing wind chimes and are great for meditation, dream work, or any form of journeying. They assist reaching higher planes and make for great spirit guides.

Chakra: Crown

Candle Quartz: A crystal which has elestial crystals encircling the shaft. It is also known as pineapple quartz.

It is a lightbringer and helps one discover truth and our inner path. It helps relieve depression and increases sensitivity and tranquility. Many use it for meditation, dream work and journeying. A great crystal for bringing forth a peaceful energy in areas which have seen stressful energies recently.

Time Line to the Past Crystal: These contain a rectangular face leaning to the left.

They help one in gaining access to information from the past. A useful tool for meditation, dream work, and journeying.

If the time line is located on the left side of the main face it is also referred to as a "Left Activation Quartz Crystal". These are used to activate and work with the left side of the brain and also to help enhance the activation of the Chakras from the front side of the body. Finally they are used to remove energy blockages from the right side of the body and also help to cure right side brain disorders.

Chakra: Third Eye, Solar Plexus

Time Line to the Future Crystal: Contain a rectangular face leaning to the right.

Helps one in gaining access to information from the future. A useful tool for meditation, dream work, and journeying.

If the time line is located on the right side of the main face it is also referred to as a "Right Activation Quartz Crystal". These are used to activate and work with the right side of the brain and also to help enhance the activation of the Chakras from the back side of the body. Used in cooordination with a Left Activation Crystal they help in bringing together and melding the two sides of the brain.Finally they are used to remove energy blockages from the left side of the body and also help to cure left side brain disorders.

Chakra: Third Eye, Solar Plexus

- - - Updated - - -

Quartz Clusters: These are comprised of multiple combined crystals froming one mass.

Quatrz Clusters are amazing to have in any room. They cleanse and energize the environment creating peace and harmony. They can also be used to cleanse and energize other crystals. They help encourage a sense of community creating harmony. They at times contain many configurations which all work together in a harmonious way. They make outstanding shields protection one from all negative energies. These are extremely useful tools in a work environment to help create a positive and creative energy while enouraging teamwork and openmindedness. I have always kept one in my office.

Enhydro Crystal: "Enhydro" is Greek for "water within". These are crystals which have a liquid bubble captured inside of it. (the one pictured is a Brandberg crystal and is a combination of smokey and amethyst quartz)

These crystals are great for cleansing and purification. They also assist in meditation as well as dream work. Water has always indicated the emotions as releated to the 4 elements. These crystals have a huge effect on ones emotional life. They assist in protecting and helping purify your emotions. They can help in understanding the "other side" of a situation. They help in uniting imagination with practicality thus bringing around sensibility. They also assist in times of transition. Very helpful in most aspects of healing by assisting the body in reaching and attaining healthy energy levels. The combination of water and quartz in this way is an extremely valuable and powerful tool for those with an understanding of the properties of both. The ability of water to instantly hold subtle impressions and the ability of quartz to structure, store, amplify, focus, transmit and transform those impressions, has extensive possibilities.

Chakras: All

Spirit Quartz: These are crystals which are covered to some extent with smaller crystal points.

They give energy and peace to all realms and create a positive environment. They are used extensively in shamanic journeying and dream work. As with all quartz they are very effective when used in healing. It assists in creative work and bringing together "scrambled" thoughts.

Chakras: Crown, Third Eye, Throat

Smokey Quartz: The presence of sodium in quartz creates smokey quartz.

This quartz is great for not only grounding and stablizing yourself but also the environment. It removes negativity and makes a great protective stone. It is associated with the base chakra and useful in removing blockages to physical areas. It helps to regulate liquids within the body. If a smokey crystal contains a distinct line seperating the smokey from the clear quartz this crystal will combine the energies of the two making it a very powerful crystal indeed. It can be used to desolve negative mental energies caused by depression, anger or resentment while bringing balance to the body. This is "the" quartz to use to bring a grounding, protective, and calming energy into any surrounding.

Chakra: Root, Sacral, Solar Plexus

Herkimer Diamonds: These are short doubley terminated quartz crystals which get thier name from the location they are found, Herkimer, New York, USA. (the one pictured is still in matrix)

They create harmony, awareness and spontaneity. Used also to alleviate tension. They help clear the mind and body of fear and other negative emotions. Along with this they help attune you to your environment and disperse toxins from your body.

- - - Updated - - -

Rainbow Crystal: Contains rainbows which are caused by light reflected by a crack or inclusion. The refraction is often sensitive to temperature causing the rainbow to appear and disappear.

These crystals exhibit the closest example of pure light which can be witnessed on the physical plane. Great for meditation, manifesting wishes and overcoming negativity. The energies from these colors can be used in healing all of the chakras and crystals with rainbows lend themselves wellto all chakra work.. They assist one in seeing the positive in suffering as they themselves, through suffering, create beauty.

Bridge Crystal: A crystal that has a smaller crystal partially penetrating it or protruding from it or 2 crystals bridged by another. (the picture below is of a massive smokey bridge. The large crystal measures 38cm long and 10cm in diameter. It holds a central place in my living room filling it with a calming protective atmosphere)

These crystals are great teachers for ones spiritual path. They help one bridge the inner and outer worlds and are great for journeying and dream work. Also helps one with communication skills. It creates a connection with you and all other life on earth and between yourself and all other worlds. They help promote growth and spirituality and assist in understanding lessons taught by teachers. They facilitate in passing over that which was unpassable and assist in reaching that thought to be unreachable.

Beta Quartz: This quartz brings out ones analitical side. Great for evaluating business oportunities as well as helping one balance ones finances. Used for meditations and dream work involving the future. A logical quartz wonderful to have around for debates.

Comment

Re: Magic Crystals.

Mm.... Something about man-made crystals, or man-changed crystals turns me off. I feel if they were meant to have that color, the earth would have made them so. Other than that, I won't talk too much down upon you. If they work for you, then I'm happy to hear.
                    Just my two cents.
                    "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
                    And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
                    They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
                    The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
                    - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Re: Magic Crystals.

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
                      Mm.... Something about man-made crystals, or man-changed crystals turns me off. I feel if they were meant to have that color, the earth would have made them so. Other than that, I won't talk too much down upon you. If they work for you, then I'm happy to hear.
                      Just my two cents.

Comment

Amethyst: Amethyst is great for meditative work and dream work. It brings calm, balance, patience and peace to ones life. This in turn encourages insight, stability and strength. It assists in legal matters as well as money. As with all quartz it is a great healer. It assists one in overcoming addictions. It also helps to illeviate modern day disfunctions and aids with headaches, insomnia and healing the central nervous system. It is a stone which facilitates the use of common sense to promote good decision making.

Chakra: Crown, Third Eye, Heart, Throat

Elestial (Jacare) Quartz: A crystal with natural termintaions over the body and faces.

These are some of the most powerful crystals to work with and are amoung the best teachers. They help us in understanding that which we need to understand to continue our journey. They help to calm confused thoughts and in this way stimulate learning. They help in keeping learning fun and interesting and thus promote continued learning. They are great comforters for people in thier later stages of life and assist one in releasing the fear of leaving the physical body. They assist us in remembering our immortality by reminding us of our spiritual unity. By looking at the complex makeup of these crystals one learns to understand the concept of integration and its many connotations.

Chakra: Throat, Heart, Third eye, Solar Plexus

Barnacle Quartz: These are crystals which are partially covered by other crystals.

Seeing they are a form of clusters they carry the same properties as clusters. They increase intellectual growth and fertility. They help with trust and depenence issues. It helps stimulate family or group cooperation. For some they represent the soul of the master gathering the younger souls. It encourages willingness to work with others and also assists one during times of loss.

Self-Healed Crystal: These can be identified by the crystalline stucture where the crystal was broken.

These crystals are tremendous healers and can help one in healing oneself and others. They teach us that nothing is ever too late or too damaged. Situations which may appear devastating or unresolvable can be overcome using this crystal. They offer support for those with strong emotional issues or are struggling to overcome an addiction.
                        A Master Self-Healed crystal is a crystal which has been broken completely through and then healed re-completing the structure. This is "the" master crystal for self-healing.

Rose Quartz: This is a stone of love ans self-love. It opens the heart chakra to all forms of love and helps attract love. Emotionally it lowers stress, anger and negativity and helps bring out gentleness, compassion, kindness and tolerance. It teaches one to appreciate the beauty in art, music and the written word. Helps in healing emotional traumas. Can be helpful in dream work and meditation. It is also a great healing stone with some placing a piece in thier off hand while practicing the art of crystal healing. They feel that the energies of love are an important aspect of all healing. It aids in the rejuventaion of both the physical and emotional bodies and works to calm the heart while soothing skin problems such as burns and blistering.

Chakra: Third Eye, Heart

Phantom Quartz: Phantoms occur in crystals where growth have stopped for a period of time leaving a partial or complete phantom within the crystal. These allow us to see the process of evolution. Helps in spirituality by clearly showing the inner is always the foundation of the outer. They teach us that even after stagnation growth can reoccur. There are several differant types of phantoms including but not limited to the following.

Amethyst Phantom: Help assist in recalling other lives which helps one learn from multiple live experiences. It is used by many for meditation, dream work, and journeying.

Black Phantom: If one posesses one of these no other grounding stone is needed. This crystal aligns perfectly the physical energy centers.

Green Phantom: Great for dream work, meditation and spirit journeying. Also a great healing stone due to the chlorite within. I find this stone to be one of the most useful when working with or healing nature.

Smokey Phantom: Used for protection and strong foundations. A good crystal to carry with you as a pocket crystal.

White Phantom: These create some of the prettiest phantoms. They help us see the world and situations through new eyes often giving us new insights into what we thought was mundane. A wonderful crystal for times when we feel our world lacks wonderment.

Red Phantom: These crystals contain limonite so share properties with that mineral. Used to stimulate the first 3 chakras as well as intellectual thought and creativity. They make marvelous healers and infuse our lives with vitality when things become mundane.

Shown below is a black phantom.

Included Quartz: Just as quartz can hold differing types of phantoms so can they hold differing types of inclusions. The included minerals combine thier properties with those of quartz making them very useful tools. The quartz tends to amplify the mineral's properties. Quatrz can be included by many things. Here are a few.

Chlorite: This crystal contains earth energy and as such is a very powerful healing tool both in healing the earth as well as yourself.

Black Tourmaline: This is a very powerful protective crystal on all levels. It also repels negativity and helps purify yourself and your surroundings. As with most black stones it is very effective for working with and cleansing the base chakra. One placed by your computer monitor helps to illeviate those "harmful" energies.

Gold: When combined with quartz this makes a great healing crystal.

Rutile: Helps with mental focus, getting things started and seeing them through to completion both mentally and physically.Can be used in meditation and dream work. These make amazing healers and are favored by many South American healers for trans-work.

Graphite: Increases the flow of energy for healing or spiritual work. Can be used to align the chakras. It also assists in the sharing of information and eases learning. If work seems uncomprehendable place this crystal beside you to assist you in understanding

Clear Quartz: Along with all of the properties associated with Quartz a water clear crystal is said to be male. As such they are great to carry around for males to keep them balanced and for females who what to get more in touch with thier masculine side.

White Quartz: Along with all the properties associated with Quartz White Quartz is said to be female. They are very helpful for women to remain balanced and great for men who want to get more in touch with thier feminine side.

A crystal that is half clear and half clouded is called a Ying Yang crystal. These promote a balance of both the masculine and feminine energies on both the physical and mental levels.

Extra-Terrestrial Crystal: This is a crystal with a single termination on one end and multiple terminations on the other end.

It is believed these crystals help one contact space beings, celestial beings, and guardian angles. Along with this they help to remind us that we are all individuals within the one. ETs help one build and maintain self-confidence and courage.

Generator Crystal: This is a crystal which has 6 evenly spaced sides that center at the tip.

They have the ability to store, amplify and transmit or generate energy. Along with this they also are wonderful projectors, concentraters, and enhancers of other crystals' or minerals' energies. They can be use to create a connection and unity within a group and transmit thoughts which is especially useful for teachers and healers. They stimulate all portions of the physical, mental and emotional bodies. These truely are powerful tools.

Japan Law Twin: These crystals have twin points at a 90 degree angle.

These are great for clearing the aura and for aligning the auric body with the physical structure, dispelling anger and stabilizing your emotions. They help in working out problems on both the pysical and subtle levels.

Scepter Crystal: This is a crystal where the top of the crystal formation is larger in diameter than the stem.

The scepter crystal brings the energies of the higher planes into healing ceremonies. It the focuses the energy directly to the cause of the matter. It is great for transmitting directional energy. They help to establish a firm connection to your true self by reminding you who you are and why you are here. Scepter Quartz gives you courage to take action and follow through by instilling confidence in all your endevours. Excellent for the third eye and for protection as well as for transforming energy and dispersing negative energies. They are believed to have been worn by priests and priestesses of Altantis. (The one pictured below is of an Amethyst scepter and is also rutile included. Although very small this is one of my most powerful tools when it comes to dealing with emotions.)

Some come from the Kakamunurle mine in Tamil Nadu, Southern India. They have been finding these scepters there for over 10 years now but only recently have they been finding pockets large enough where they become more readily available world wide. That being said they still are not common by any means and very hard to find. Clusters are almost impossible to come by but you do see them now and then.

An interesting note on minerals from India. Up until about 9 years ago or so there were some individuals in India who traveled from mine to mine to ensure crystals/minerals were taken ethically. Time was taken to chart the pocket and note the energies from individual crystals as well as their relation to the pocket and if any interacted. This is the same process that is still carried out in Brazil. Although there has been a big decline regarding this process in both countries it has all but disappeared in India where as in Brazil, although it is no longer a common practice, it is still carried out. Recently there has been a comeback in this area in both India and Brazil due to the demand worldwide.

Harlequin Quartz: These contain red specs of Hematite or Lepidocrocite. The one pictured has Lepidocrocite inclusions which combines the properties of both minerals.

It helps regain energy as well as helps with circulation. It is great for the base chakra and helps create a direct link between the base and heart chakras. This Quartz allows one to open the heart and emotional bodies to help in healing and transformation. It assists in healing traumas from both this life as well as past lives and helps in relieving depression. Helpful with any heart disorders.

Chakra: Heart, Solar Plexus, Sacral, Base

Tabular Quartz: This is a crystal which is flattened. If the width is not at least two times the thickness of the depth it isnt a tabby.

This crystal is great for communication and retrieving information that can bridge the gap between the mind and the heart. To accomplish this it grounds "scattered" energies allowing us to focus clearly on the task at hand. Great for developing psychic abilities it can also be used to activate or clear other minerals or crystals. The one pictured is also covered on one side with Fearie Frost.

Chakra: Throat, Third Eye

Fairy Frost: This is a very light dusting of quartz on a crystal. When touched it feels like a very fine sandpaper. To view it usually requires using a magnifying loop. If you look closely at the right side of the crystal you can barely make out some of the frost.

These crystals are great for working with nature as well as dissipating unwanted energies from chakras.

Tibetan Quartz: These are highly protective spiritual crystals and as such make awesome pocket crystals to carry with you at all times. They are great for chakra work and double terminated ones are great for connecting chakras as well as desolving any blocks between them. They also carry a strong "OM" vibration making them excellent crystals for meditation. Great healing crystals as well as great crystals for teaching healing to students.

Although the 2 crystals shown below have only been with me for 3 weeks now they have become great partners for me in my work. Learning to work with them took only a few days when normally it takes me 2 or 3 weeks to feel comfortable with crystals.They both have Actinolite inclusions in thier tips, one green, one yellow.

The green one is amazing for any work involving nature. It also has a tiny bit of yellow right at the tip. This for me makes it a great healing tool for nature which is something that is very dear to me. It also allows access to all realms of nature and helps one in linking with these realms.

Chakra: Base, Sacral

The yellow (Golden Healer) one I am slowly starting to work with when healing is involved. These are reputed to be incredible healing tools. They help one in recognizing the techniques needed to overcome illness of any kind. You will find them to have a very high frequency energy. Golden Healers come from many areas with beautiful ones coming out of Mt. Ida Arkansas which are coated with a light dusting of Iron Hydrate giving them a stunning appearance. The two types, included and coated, differ subtley in energies but both make phenominal healing tools.

Chakra: Sacral, Solar Plexus

- - - Updated - - -

Dream Quartz: This quartz gets its color from Epidote inclusions.

It can assist in states of deep meditation and lucid dreaming.It assists in the contact with spirit guides as well as in the development of channeling abilities. It bring peace and relaxes the body. It assists in remembering dreams and helps to manifest those dreams. It also helps in past life regression work.

Witches Finger: . I first heard about these crystals a few years ago and they caught my interest right away. They were originally found by a couple of South African men who had traveled to Zambia to this dig location. As the first crystal was being uncovered it was said it was long and thin and covered with thick warts. This is where the name witches fingers came from. Witches in Africa are thought of much in the same way as are other healers around the world. They are both feared and at the same time looked at with great respect due to thier healing knowledge as well as thier knowledge in respect to all of nature.
                        Witches Fingers are comprised of Quartz crystals with Mica, Iron Oxide, Hematite and Magnetite inclusions. The inclusions do however vary and crystals may contain all, some or even more minerals than mentioned above. The attachments which resemble "warts" are comprised of all of the above minerals.

These crystals are said to be powerful protective tools and can be placed throughout the house, in doorways or carried with you for this purpose. They are said to instill peace by activating the fourth chakra as well as opening the heart. They allow you to analize dreams in a logical way and will attract new teachers and spirit guides to you when the time is right. They assist you in looking at your life and taking the nessessary steps in making logical choices to move your life ahead. It teaches you that change is a vital part of everyone's life and that we should not fear it.

Chakra: Base, Third Eye

Regional Quartz

I have found that while working with quartz some commonalities occur based on the location from where it came. As with all quartz, and all minerals for that matter, not everything holds true for everyone or every individual crystal/mineral but this does occur enough to warrant mention. Also, there are many quartz locals and there is no way to touch on all of them so for here I shall just touch on the obvious locals where much of today's quartz comes from. Again, I always stress that you work with any mineral yourself to learn from it and use any insights you have gained from others as a guideline only. That being said...

Let me start by saying that I honestly believe that minerals coming from areas where the land has been subject to human abuse or where minerals have been mined unethically can, at times, be hard to tap in to for knowledge or may not allow their true strength to come forth for some time and in rare cases never depending on the damage done. It has been proven that quartz can be mutilated to the point where it vibrates at a different frequency and where it no longer holds the identical charge it did prior to being altered. At times these changes can enhance a crystal and at times they can be damaged forever. This is why it is so important for anyone interested in working with any mineral to learn from it on a one on one basis for every crystal is unique with its own imprint. All this being said crystals can also change thier imprint due to natural occurances. A great example of this is lightening strike quartz and shock quartz. Due to natural phenomina they have taken on properties they never had before. Fulgarites (sand which has been hit by lightening and turned into quartz tubes) are another great example of something being transformed and after posessing different properties. So as can be seen... events, both natural and man made, can effect minerals both positively and negatively.

Brandberg, Nambia: Quartz from this location is known for its combinations of Amethyst, Smokey and Clear Quartz all within the same Crystal. Many enhydros come from this area as well. Although mining techniques here tend to be better than other places in Africa the Crystals still need some extra work to fully open. Work with them is well worth the effort however as they truly are unique individuals.

Romania: In recent years a very important type of Quartz has been coming out of this country and although the mine is now closed enough material was taken out to make it readily available to today's buyers. Quartz from this area is renouned for its shape and associations. Taking the shape of Tessiner Habit Crystals in both Smokey and white variations and having Calcite, Pyrite and Dolomite assiciations this Quartz has Quickly gained a foothold within the metaphysical community. It's energies are unique to not only the mineral and its associations but also to it's local. This Quartz needs very little cleansing effort before starting work with it.

Russia: Over the last few years Russian Quartz is finding its way more and more into the metaphysical community. With several mines producing unique Quartz such as Snow Quartz, Prazem, Beta, Red, and Growth Interference Russia is Quickly becoming a leader in Quartz exports. Look for this Quartz to tkae some time to open up to you but in the end it will be some of the most useful, unique and trustworthy Quartz for you to work with developing deep connections.

Peru: Although often overlooked these days Quartz from Peru is still a mainstay amoung many pagans. Known for its Feary/Needle Quartz Quartz has been mined here for decades and used by locals for centuries. This is a very delicate Quartz both physically and in every other respect. Cleansing is done very easily and is not required as often as with other Quartz. There is another form of Quartz from Peru coming from Nazca which holds very old and unique properties as well but is little known outside the country.

Comment

Congo: This area is know for its high quality natural Citrine. It is some of the purest in the world. One must keep in mind however that this area is still strickened by poverty and as such one sees many human as well as land abuses in the mining techniques used. With all this in mind Crystals from this area may need several cleansings to fully open them for work but the results in the end make it time well spent. In a way the Crystals need healing before they can help you in your endevours.

Orange River: Quartz from this locale comes in many differing forms and much of it is included with Hematite as well as other minerals. The Quartz overall is known for its healing qualities as well as its nature qualities. These are crystals which bring the calming and peaceful energies of nature into our local environ like few others can. Many are included with minerals causing pleasing pastel colors which only enhance this peaceful energy and help to ward off stress and unease from an environ. Keep in mind however that these Crystals, like all others, are individuals and as such need to be studied to gain access to their deepest potential. Crystals from here can contain most formations found in Quartz around the world. Quartz in this locale tends to be mined fairly ethically and as such may not need any extra cleansings. It does take a little more work than other Quartz however.

Madagascar: Amazing varieties of quartz come from here. They as well in a lot of cases need extra cleansing but again can become very powerful crystals. For me these prove to be great nature crystals and work well for all aspects of healing.

India: Although more known for other minerals some great quartz comes from here. They, at times, tend to need a little more cleansing but exibit a remarkable purity after.

Tibet: Unfortunately much of what is sold as Tibetan quartz is in actuality Chinese quartz. If you are lucky enough to actually come across quartz from Tibet which has been mined ethically you are in touch with a very powerful helper. There is no better crystal for meditation.

China: Although some sellers sell Quartz from China as Himalayan or Tibetan Quartz more and more sellers are distinguishing this by saying Quartz from Chinese Tibet and so on. Add to this some of the new Quartz coming out of China such as Chocolate Window Quartz as well as some stunning Red Quartz and Chinese Quartz is starting to find its rightful place within the metaphysical world. Abuses in mining techniques are at times still an issue but not as much as a decade ago. This Quartz will need a bit more cleansing and initial work than some others but the uniqueness of this material is worth the work.

High Altittude Quartz: This comes mostly from elevations of 10,000 feet or more. They make for great helpers when it comes to meditation and clear thought. Cleansing on these tends to be minimal. These also tend to be some of the purest Crystals to work with.

Mount Ida: Quartz from this area tends to be very stable and consistant to work with. In terms of cleansing I use the information I have from cleansing quartz from here as a guide to judge how hard or how easy it is to cleanse quartz from other areas. Again... there are a lot of variables which may well throw any of this information right out the window but as a guide it works fairly consistantly. Quartz from here can be used confidently in all aspects of your work.

South America (Brazil): This can be some of the most powerful quartz you will ever work with and this is the quartz with which I learned a lot of what I know today. My teacher came from Brazil and went back regularly to lay out the energies of quartz before they were mined. I'll get back to this in a bit. Brazilian quartz is known for its healing and teaching properties but one must be wary of quartz from here as well. Although most of the quartz is mined ethically from here there are exceptions and some of these exceptions are extreme enough to at times have long lasting impact on the quartz. Using dynamite is not a good way to gain access to or mine quartz.
                          All this being said... healers and shamans in Brazil have been using quartz in their work for thousands of years and their knowledge is vast. In certain areas, to this day, when a quartz deposit is found a shaman is called in to map the energies of the quartz before being disturbed. There are many aspects to this. Not only do they map the energies from individual crystals but also how they interact with other crystals as well as energies created by two or more crystals whose energies have interacted. This is a very complex process but it opens a window for the shaman or anyone who works with these crystals in the future to the natural energies of the crystal before they were mined. These natural energies when not altered and when shared by the shaman allow people access to truely incredible natural energies. This can be taken one step farther if one is fortunate enough to be gifted with two crystals which in thier natural environ shared energies. The natural link that exists between two such crystals opens doors that cannot be opened any other way.

As I said above, quartz can be found all over the world and as such to even begin to discuss quartz locals in the hopes of covering the topic is doomed to failier. What I have attempted here is to touch on quartz from areas I am familiar with. You wont find a lot of information on this out there. I personally have never seen any... just vague mentions here and there. With this in mind hopefully I have opened a door for at least a few to go out and explore this avenue of study. This line of study opens itself to all minerals, not just quartz.
                          This also made me think of another aspect of quartz work which I dont think has been touched on either to any great extent and hopefully I can post it here in the near future. This would be a short outline of how quartz is/was used in different cultures. What I mean by this is that quartz formations such as timelines, isis face, ETs and so on are completely unknown to some cultures while other cultures see a dull, cloudy crystal as an old mentor full of knowledge to be shared and pay no attention at all to a timeline. Some cultures look only at the.... well, you get the idea. Lets leave it at this for now and as I said above... hopefully I have sparked interest in a new line of thought for at least some of you with the above material.

Quartz Beliefs in South America/Brazil

I'm going to start this this next aspect of Quartz work by looking at Brazil and the way it's healers have looked at working with Quartz for thousands of years. I find myself torn with this subject seeing that it is a very personal path with me and I have been told that it's intricacies should not be shared readily. With this in mind I will try and touch on some basic aspects to hopefully kindle some interest. I encourage people who feel drawn to this path to seek out more wisdom from qualified teachers.

In upcoming posts I will try and touch on other cultures and thier work with Quartz. For now... lets get started on Brazil/South America.

Healers/shamans have existed in Brazil for thousands of years. During this time their work with quartz has been refined to a level which is astoundingly effective. For me the secret lies in its simplicity. Although some basic formations of Quartz are recognised South American healers look more towards the inner formations of Quartz realising full well that the internal structure of Quartz holds the secrets of how it resonates and what frequencies it resonates best to. It is these frequencies which in large part dictate what specific crystals will be used for.

One of the first things you will learn from healers in South America is that they are only guides to help you along your path. The true secrets lie within the Quartz itself and are there for you to discover and learn how to work with. It becomes a very personal journey with the healer mostly there only for guidance and support.

Another important aspect of working with Quartz in this culture is that Quartz should never be touched by others once they have been programmed and should never be used for anything but serious work.

Cleaning Quartz is only done by what can be scraped of the crystal using a knife or other object and washing it in water. It is believed anything that remains after this has become one with the crystals and is now an intricate part of it.

Mining Quartz in South America is done very ethically at times. When a quartz deposit is found a shaman is called in to map the energies of the quartz before being disturbed. There are many aspects to this. Not only do they map the energies from individual crystals but also how they interact with other crystals as well as energies created by two or more crystals whose energies have interacted. This is a very complex process but it opens a window for the shaman or anyone who works with these crystals in the future to the natural energies of the crystal before they were mined. These natural energies when not altered and when shared by the shaman allow people access to truely incredible natural energies.

Programming Quartz is another important aspect in this culture but again... I feel this isnt the place to address this aspect of work.

Storing Quartz: Some feel Quartz should be kept wrapped up and hidden away from prying eyes unless they are being worked with. Pouches made of black material are favored. I think everyone can see with how open I am about sharing pictures of my Quartz I tend not to follow this aspect of work too closely.

As mentioned above most Quartz work is based on internal structures but some exterior structures are unique enough to be recognised as structures which effect Quartz energies. Here I will touch on a few.

Doudle Terminated Quartz: DTs are considered to be protective. They amplify and increase your natural protective shield which surrounds your body which some refer to as your Aura. This increases your confidence on all levels of existance and while working in other dimensions and is the principle reason healers use DT wands. These crystals are also used to aid in what is called "conceptual gaze". This is a state where the mind and the heart become one and where niether wishes to dominate. There are differing techniques to reach this state but this is not the place to address those. All of this make DT wands very powerful tools for healing as well as traveling in other realms. The most important aspect of working with DT wands is to feel a deep personal relationship with it.

Trigonics: This is a term used for crystals which have triangular shapes in/on them. These tell us that the crystal has the capacity to carry great knowledge within its structure.

ET Crystals: These are very powerful crystals because they are easily programable. One is pictured below and is labeled "trident". This is so called due to the fact it has 3 terminations on one side. What makes this crystal even more powerful is that it is a "master resonance crystal". More on this later.
                          Broken Crystals: It is believed that crystals which have fractured into several pieces will continue to resonate as one as long as the pieces remain in close proximity to each other (2 to 10 meters). If they are seperated over great distances they will in time become individual and resonate differently.

Bridge, Twin Flame & "Y" Crystals: Bridge crystals have a rough "A" shape and are known to assist on in bridging gaps at all levels of work. Twin Flame crystals are two crystals of similar size which are joined at the base and then split in a "V" shape. These crystals acknowledge a common beginning but also celebrate individual growth after. Two crystals which form a natural "Y" are considered as two differing entities which have united to create one harmonious energy.

Shards: These form in one of two ways. First is if a piece breaks off a crystal in a natural way such as what may happen when an earthquake hits. The second and more common way is a crystal which has not had time to complete its formation. Shards are considered by some to be the most powerful Quartz and are looked at as "free spirits" who do not confine themselves to a given shape. These become amazing tools when working towards a solution which may need to be looked at from an unusual perspective and when one needs to think "outside the box".

Rainbows: Quartz which contains rainbows are considered to be lightbringers. They take in one spectrum of light and transform it into many spectrums. For this reason they become very powerful tools in transforming energies. The shard pictured below has amazing rainbows which makes it an extremely powerful companion under the right circumstances.

Next we come to the inner structure of Quartz and some of the ways this structure is looked at and worked with. Lets start with one of the most powerful and most unique structures.

Centrals & thier Remotes: These are two crystals which have grown together for millions of years and where a smaller one has grown within the energy field of a larger one. It truely is impossible to seperate the energies of the two crystals and as such they are worked with as one. Some look at it as the Central crystal being the foundation of the frequency whereas the Remote is the catalyst for new growth. The Remote becomes a great well of energy at any time seeing it is at all times tapped into its bigger counterpart. This makes it an amazing helper while traveling when one needs to tap into the energies from "home". If however the two are split over an extended period of time (usually years) their energies will grow apart in the same way broken crystals do. Below is pictured a Central crystal along with its Remote.

Master Matrix Crystals: These are crystals which are considered great teachers and for the most part look dull and aged with patterns and shapes etched in its side. These crystals are ideally suited for programming.

Master Resonance Crystals: These are the workhorses of many healers in Brazil. Some say they would rather have one of these than twenty regular crystals and many healers rely on ten to fifteen of these and only four or five regular crystals. These crystals, over time, have become one with the individual and know his needs in any given situation. As time passes one will become superior at meditation, another will take on the roll of manifestation... and so on. These crystals are not so much "programmed" as over time they tend to program themselves to your needs and if worked with intimately will, in a lot of cases, show you needs which you are not yet aware of. This level of work however takes years of training.

Some people in South America, in resent years, have starting applying thier crystal beliefs to Chakra work. This has opened an amazing door by combining the beliefs of two age old cultures. When one sees the successes of work such as this one cant help but be totally amazed when one thinks of what the future holds for open minded individuals who refuse to limit their work.

I could go on and on with Quartz work in South America but I think the above is a good basic outline of some of its' highlights.

I'll leave you with one final thought which is for the most part a universal truth throughout South America. It is that all workers feel no Quartz can be "pigeon holed" by any one idividual for any other individual and that each individual quartz resonates at a specific frequency for specific individuals. This is one of the biggest "secrets" of thier work and is the main reason why I mention over and over in posts that no matter what you read... no matter what people share with you... spend time with each crystal so that you can learn what it has to teach. No one can do this for you.

Below you will find a picture of some of my Brazilian Quartz. These pieces are all treasures and hold a spot close to my heart/mind. They are all master resonance crystals. The remote is truely the most amazing of crystals. Its internal structure features a crystal mountain range with a river (large enhydro) flowing through it. Words truely cannot describe it. The floater is complete and huge. It has no contact points and shows the same structure on the other side.

I hope that the above is helpful to those interested in this path. It truely is a unique way which resonates not only within yourself but within all of nature as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Eastern Practices & How Quartz May Be Used Within Them: India, Tibet, China & Japan

I have desided to combine these four areas due to the fact that through the ages there are more commonalities than there are differences. Yes specific areas were the origins of specific systems and yes the cultural climates have changed throughout human history but most of the main systems were very quickly adapted to the surrounding areas with only minor alterations. This can be easily seen in systems such as Rieki, Feng Shui and Chakras which are spread throughout these eastern countries, at times using different names, and with which Quartz can be used.

Mining Quartz in these countries can be very ethical but may also be done very unethically. Tibet and Japan tend to treat the magority of their Quartz mining with great respect. While China and India do this as well it is more common however to find unethical mining practices there. Both India and Tibet, at times, mine quartz in a similar fashion as they do in Brazil. Healers in some instances still gather thier Quartz themselves there and make sure to identify the natural vibrations prior to collecting them.

Cleaning Quartz in these lands is kept to the minimum for the most part. A wash in a local river or stream is all that is needed. Too much alteration of the Quartz is believed to alter thier natural vibrations.

The storing and handling of crystals, for the most part, follows the philosophies of these cultures. When not in use the crystals are placed in prominent places within the dwelling. It is believed that thier vibrations should be left open and unhindered. In this way they help with the Feng Shui of the dwelling. At times even Quartz used for healing is left in the open free to be handled by everyone. The thought here is that the vibrations are helpful to all.

Quartz Vibrations: In both Tibet and India as well as some areas of China and Japan the energy system sought within quartz is referred to as the crystal's specific vibration. All of these countries to some extent looked at the "purity" of Quartz and guaged this purity based on the vibration. None is better known than the "OM" vibration. In eastern belief "OM" is the essence of everything. It is the beginning from which all other vibrations emerge. It is believed that Tibetan Quartz contains a very powerful "OM" vibration. One aspect of vibration which was taken very seriously was the sound which was created by specific vibrations.This can be seen in the use of Tibetan Quartz Singing Bowls but more on this later.

Comment

Czechwoods guide of Stones for Rape Recovery

The following is from Czechwoods. I'll probably be posting additional info. but feel free to add to this.

Rosequartz is a very difficult stone in this situation and shouldnt be used exceedingly. It is true that it mends emotional fractions, but incest and rape are far more than your everyd ays broken heart. Rosequartz also sets up the pink glasses, and makes you feel all fuzzy, which s not what you need after incest/rape that much. you need a clear mind and no clouding even no positive one, so you can fully recover

DIOPSIDE
                            should be one major helper in any form of sexual abuse recovery. It too mends the heart but will not allow you to fall in some - must love my predator crap -

TOURMALINE:

green tourmaline
                            a must have. no way around.

additionally: red tourmaline (or pink)/rubelite if the father is part of the problem you are recovering from, or a father-like figure
                            blue tourmaline/indigolite if the person i.question is mother/mother-like figure

if the trauma makes itself noticable through ulcers or tumors, or if the memory of the incident is clouded/obscure - WATERMELON TOURMALINE

BLACK TOURMALINE SCHORL
                            to be used to learn to set boarders and have them respected. to not repeat behavior patterns that make it easy for the predators to victimize you. to find rest at nights

CHRYSOCOLLA
                            teaches you to say no, when NO is needed. restaures emotional security and a natural shield against aggressions (stregthens the thyroid gland too, also against hashimoto disorder that can result from massive abuse trauma)
                            it also heals the nerval ends, that through such trauma often can "break apart" - followingly invoking grave disorders like Fibromyalgy, MS, etc)

if you feel attracted to emeralds, better refrain from using them and instead use the copper mineral DIOPTASE. a great heart and emotional healer that will not make you accept responsility for the well fare of everyone including your predator

if you feel attracted to Rosequartz, substitute it by PETALITE. Its similar to rosequartz in healing capacities, yet sans the pink glasses filter.

ther is a lot more to say, and i will, but that should be it for now.

self esteem

after molestation/rape, self esteem is a serious issue.

to restore self esteem the 3rd chakra needs special attention. therefore yellow stones are the ones to help you out.

citrine
                            anti depressions stone, can even battle suicidal tendencies, boosts self esteem and self love, helps you to get independant and free, both in mind and spirit.

yet, the most importan thing about citrine is you must get natural citrine, not the burnt amethyst variety that is often sold as citrine, which i choose to call zitrine for clear distinguishing

zitrine is one f the few stones, that shozuldnt be used in healings. it can inflit depressions, and you dont want to go there especially after rape/melestation. if in doubt, substitute citrine, so you dont carry the risk of getting the depressions causing zirine variety

honey comb calcite
                            the honey coloured, best transparent/translucent qualities (mainly from mexico) are the best choise when replacing citrine. additionally to citrines anti depressive powers, it also stabilizes you, ike giving you a (new) scelletton/structure. honey calcite is not only a self esteem booster but also a strong comforter; the veritable shoulder to lean on.

both citrine and honey calcite give you a warmth. not nly emotionally but also on the body level. many rape/molestation/icest survivors will suffer from feeling cold easily. these two stones help you to warm up inside, and thus overcome this cold feeing inside. both stones help battle against nightmares and diffuse fears

ametrine
                            natural mix of amethys and citrine. main recources are brazil, bolivia and adagascar though it also appears in namibia, south africa and other regions
                            ametrine is a stone against manic depressions and bi-polar dissorders. the citrine part teaches you the importance of yourself, your uniqueness and helps you out of depressions while the amethyst part teaches you to feel as part of the all, of niverse, restoring your connection to the devine. it will cool off manic attacks, teaching you humbleness without humiliation

chrysoprase and lemmon chrysprase
                            the apple green chrysoprase is a soft, tender but efficiant healer of low self esteem an depression issues. its rather incomplicated. helping you to see beauty in life, opening new pathways towards hapiness, towards the everydays miracles. it is like a summmerlands stone, the green pastues. nourishing, creating artisanship and creativity, imagination and the will to heal from within to without. it will help you to transform the trauma into a new level of living, of not being defined by the attrocities you went through (or that were done upon you) but to let lifes beauty transcendent you towards inner peace and (self)love.
                            it is a stone for the solar plexus , the heart chakra and the chakras in between

lemmon chrysoprase has a clearer tendency towards the manipura chakra (3) and additionally boosts the metabolism. As it consists in geat parts of nickel and magnesite, it will help detox your body on the material level as well as helping to dehydrate of too much water in your system. - weight/overweight issues are often consequences of sexual assault, the body building its own shield against prossecution.

Amber and Copal
                            should only be used in an advanced stage of rape/incest recovery. it does help a great deal with joints and bones troubles and infections - all of which can result from abuse - but, amber will help to gett ridd of old topics, also by manifesting hem in your memory and mind. This can be a very traumatic event in the process of recovery and throw you back for years. so amber, too, is a difficult stone to use in the first 3 stages (of 4) of overcoming rape etc.

the negativity that comes into your life after and through the rape/molestation is obviously enourmous. its a matter of fact, that this negativity has its place. but the oison derriving from it can cause you more harm in the long run, than good.

therefore dealing with and ridding of the negativity is such an important part in the recovery process. the stones discussed in the following might be helpful supporting these processes.

before working with light, first try to wear off the dark

Onyx. natural greyish back onyx
                            Onyx is like a grounding stone for negativity overfow. many people using onyx will say, that it brings them down. and it is true, that is exactly what onyx is about. so if you dont have a need for onyx, many people will feel like this stone is a downer. a rape survivor on the other hand has such a negativity overflow, that onyx will be a good way to rid that surplus off quite effectively. additionally, onyx is a very good stone to set and keep borders, something that is sorely needed after such a violent act against the victims integrity

Sardonyx. natural mix of sarder and onyx; black and white or brown-black-white (pic attached)
                            apart from its capabilities to heal Tinitus, Sardonyx is a very effective stone in bringing forth the truth, especially in legal things. this comes handy when you know the predator and want to bring them to justice. Sardonyx is a strong protector stone, that too will ground negativity. It will also help restoring your sexuality - so the effects of abuse will not dictate all of your life

Fortress Agate
                            even more terrible than the sexual act within a rape is the feeling of woundability and helplessness, the loss of trust etc. A very effective stone to restore your capability of trust and overcome your helplessness is an agate variety, the so called fortress agate. as the name inclines, it helps you to build up a fortress around yourself, a place where you can feel safe and where you indeed are safe. It gives you the strength to redefine yourself by your own actions and talents, rather than being or becoming dependent by outside praise and approval - or even worse - by the predators judgements. Fortress agates arent over expensive and very common. Its rather the knowledge about these stones, that is missing within the community of stone lovers and dealers. most oreo agates from brazil, the so called fairy gardens or lucky geodes are in fact fortress agates.
                            fortress agates also help you ground negativity and to redirect negativity that is foully brought upon you to mother earth; Mother Earth does so know how to treat people who send out negativity without eason or need....

(Dyed) Sliced Agates
                            like fortress agates, the agate slizes are a very effective ool to ward off negativity sent upon you from outside.
                            brazilian agate is often colour enhanced/dyed. but in treating the aftermath of rape, these otherwise often looked bad upon dying methods come in handy.
                            green and pink dyed agate slices will help restore your heart chakra from the assault. thus you can build p a solid and unbroken emotional life, with giving and receiving love
                            blue dyed agate slices help your third eye, in recovering from the assault, so that you may learn to forgive yourself you had been victimized and that your foresight/instincts/intuition had "failed" you

allways remember, the guilt is with the aggressor, not with the victim. you have NOT deserved this, you have NOT earned this, you have NOT provoked this, you have not attracted this. this is in NO WAY YOUR FAULT

purple dyed agate slizes will help you restore a stable faith, a solid connection to the Universe/Devine. This way the aggressor will be made to fail with their wish to cut you from spiritual/Devine help. YOU ARE NOT ALONE. GODS HAVE NOT FORESAKEN YOU AND EVEN LESS PUNISHED YOU. there is no need and nothing to be gained from losing faith. these agates teach you to restore this connection to the devine with solid ground and the assurance that Universe/Devine is part of you and you are part of Universe/Devine - in spite of what you have suffered

purple and pink dyed agates are rather rare, green and blue are much more common.

Red Dyed/Color Enhanced/Burnt Agate not to be mistaken with carnelian !
                            This dyed agate variety is a very strong helper, to just keep going. Sometimes surviving alone is the chalenge and an act of courage. But most rape survivors feel - obviously and for good reason - like they are sucked dry, suffering from fatigue and lethargy or even apathy. The Red Dyed Agate will oppose this. it gives you energy galore. It helps you to recreate the willpower to go on, to not mind what obstacles might arise. It will give you horsepower and very effectively too. Get up. Go on. Be Strong. Carry on. Go for it. You can do it. We will make it. You will make it ! Thats the spirit f red agate. The fire is within YOU

Peace Agate (white agate)
                            As the name sais, peace agate helps restoring peace within. It is one of he strongest comforting stones, it is one of he columns in treating of childeren battling multiple spirits disorders that too may be - but need not to - be a consequence of abuse/rape; such as ADD, Aspergy/Autism etc.
                            Drinking water from peace agate, as well as using peace agate water to clean your body off of the filth of the rapists is greatly suggested and will give you a very much different feeling for yourself

Black Tourmaline/Schoerl
                            as stated in former posts. This stone will help a great deal. Imagine yur aura field was a field in the countryside wth a fruit tree on it. in a perfect world, no-one would steal your fruit. maybe someone would ass by, and take a few fruit, but they would leave an offering in exchange and most probably one of more value than that which they have taken. but a rape survivor knows this is not the perfect world. Rape Survivors have learned that some people will simply vandalize your field, burn down the tree just for their own twisted pleasure, that they will burn and devastate your field, regardless of right and wrong and get off at it even.
                            therefore you need the black tourmaline schoerl, a stone tha would be like a fierceful guardian dog and an electrically charged barbed wire fence in the same time ! now, a possible intruder has to first overcome the fence, which isnt all tha easy anyway - and in doing so admits to be an intruder anyway, and than, if the fence fails, the guardian dog will either attack the intruder, in oderer to killing them or at least stop them, or - if all fails - to warn you from a possible danger.
                            Black Tourmaline cannot protect you from rape - dont get me wrong, and read what i say. But it will help you to defend your aura shield and thus o heal, instead of becoming a vctim in all realms repeatedly and thus really destroying your core of existance.
                            therefore black schoer tourmaline, preferably a double ending crystal is of such utmost importance in the recovery after sexual assault/rape/molestation and vampirism. period

smokey quartz & morion
                            morion = very dark smokey quartz. make sure you have natural stones and not artificially radiated ones. if you are offered smokey quartz from arkansas beware. most of that material is altered by radiation inflicted by man

Smokey quartz helps you to understand the ununderstandable, to get a grip n that which is more than you can handle. It is also a stone that will slowly dissolve negativity, especially the kind that is stuck in the 2nd chakra, where we understand our place in society or other important groups. Rape destroys any natural feeling of belonging, fitting and knowing what is best for you weithin groups of people. rape victims often are looked upon as sociophobes, anti-socials or "strange", while in fact they have to deal with one of the worst atrocities (if mot the worst) in humans and are even blamed for not coping right. Its like a punishment after the suffering. Smokey quartz helps you to resove, dissolve that which is way too much to handle. Liek a friendly janitor, who is showing you around in a theater, making you understand, that the thunder and lightnings are not true, but just a man made illusion, tha the horrifying beings on stage maybe are just very nice people who wear a mask and in a play. who will show you the lies, the illusions and often even the real villains. But still holding your hand, not overwhelming you, and standing by your side whenever you halt, thinking you cant go on.

peridot aka chrisolite aka olivine
                            peridot most often is used for the fine (jewelry) chrystals, while olivine refers to the rough material, for example found in auvergne, france or lanzarote , spain which are consisiting of tiniest crystal masses. chrysolite refers to both. any form can be used for healings as decribd in this thread
                            Chrisolite is a seemingly tender yet very powerful healer of the 3-4-3 chakra region, connecting love and self love. this stne will also help you to get past troubles with your parents, both mother and father. it reinsttalls your inner sun, your strength to shine on, indeppendently from whatever bad feeling your parents may have (tried to) installed within. Peridot makes you feel good about yourself. It explains you how precious you are in fact. How important you are in the universe. that no-one has the right ever to wak upon you. Peridot is a great comfoter too, listening to your sorrow and helping you to transform it into strength to carry on. Peridot also powers up/recharges your inner battery so you dont feel drained and energy-dried - it helps against fatigue, lethargy, apathy and CF syndrome

prehnite - comes mostly from india (green) and australia (green to yellow) - some finds are also in south africa
                            Prehnite, will help in the chakra 4-3 region; alike peridot restoring love and self love. It can help you boost your self esteem, the dep understanding of how your love is a very important power source.
                            Many people suffer from obesity, due to a rape/molestation event; the fat built up as a double sides shield. On the one hand the layers to protect you from harm, on the other hand a way becomng "ugly" = nattractive , possibly untouchable. But too much fat of course imposes great health issues and problems for the body: blood cholesterol, blood pressure, heart diseases, the bones and joints etc suffer with you., in the long run, this strategy forms against yourself - and you have little to no gain from obesity. Prehnite is the antidote here, working against both sides of the wrong shield: asuring you of your attraction (that is NEVER connected to attraction of rape etc) and by firing up your metabolism and fat burning capabilities. Prehnite additionally is a good stone to help yourself be protected from skin demage through the sun - but please do still use sun-blockers with it !

precious serpentine (aka 'new ''jade''') - the term new jade is confusing. because precious serpentine looks alot like a form of jade, this name has been attached to it, as a trade name. but it is not jade. nontheless its a very powerful healing stone, and needs not to be looked down upon
                            Precious Serpentine is a strong detox stone. It will help your body to detox from toxins, also those from medication use or even drug abuse. These issues often accompany the victims and suvivors of molestation, and therefore a detoxing of your system is inevitable and necessary for any healing. Additionally the molestation act itself is a poison to your system that needs to be faced and made go away. Precious Sepentine is also connected o the chakras 3 & 4, thats why this stone is more recommeded than its silbling serpentine, a darker green variety that conects to the heart chakra mainly. In addition Serpentine detoxes also over he skin, thus making you more confortable in you body in the long run. The skin is one of he mostly exposed bodyparts, and one where the contact with the molstor has started; therefore skin issues and skin healing i such an important topic. Not few rape survivors develop skin irritation disorders such as neurodermites, itchy skin, exems etc. BE WARNED though, that during the detox phases such irritations may become a stronger issue. As the toxins are leaving your body through the skin, these disorders may become stronger. If that happens, it is wise NOT o use potions and cortisone products to make the itch go away. Homeopathical treatements and potions, that help/fasten the detox process are better in this case. You dont want to cover up anymore. You dont want to suppress anymore. You want it to g out and away and be gone, thats why these irritations should be gone through regardless.

Above mentioned Peridot possibly in combination with Amber and Green Aventurine, in heavy cases also combined with Blue Aventurine Quartz will help you to suffer less and have the skin recover faster.

Any Serpentine variety will also help you to adapt to situations, new situations without falling into the tra of acceptence. THERE IS NOTHING TO ACCEPT ABOUT MOLESTATION: IT IS WRONG AND EVER WILL BE! yet you will have to learn to adapt to all those situations imposed to you after such a traumatic event. The Serpentine help will therefore come in handy

Comment

Re: Czechwoods guide of Stones for Rape Recovery

Another very important Serpentine variety after molestation is Chytha Serpentine - a variety that is most often found in south america: peru, brazil etc
                              Chyttha has extraordinary powers in addition to the detoxing and adapting qualities of Serpentine in general. It is one of the strongest helpers against Depressions, Melancholy, even suicidal tendencies. If you are battling against any of those lattre mentioned disorders, due to Rape/Molestation anyway - Chyttha will become a good friend of yours. It will help you get out of the debriss left behind by the agressor and the bystanders. It will teach you to embrace life and joy instead of becoming the zomby your aggressors would have liked making of you. By overcoming the abyss you had been thrown into, you will become a living victory - thus sustaining and repowering your life batteries. You will not loger be defined by the aggressors power tripps but by your own unique power, real power to live and rejoice.

yellow australian agate (a rare find) - i only have a small batch of those, and never have come across any since my first buy of them 7 years ago. they are exceptional and very unique.
                              Yellow Agate from australia combines the grounding and negativity defeating qualities of agate with the 3rd (manipura) chakra, the solar plexus. Your inner sun shines forth. It is unshakable. Anybody (that includes youself) mustnt try to shatter this holy, sacred place, your inner sun. This stone restores a great deal of might have been shattered. It simply installs a new institution of power within. It is not as bright and illuminating as say honey calcite or citrine, but it has a souvereignity and stability attached to it, that makes up for the lack of shining. It is like the very core of the sun. Less rediant but more strong and sustaining. In some cases, where the self esteem of a victim has been almost erased, yellow australian agate will be the answer on how to reinstall the work of the solar plexus chakra. by being less rediant, it will not be oposed by the inner "demons" of 'i aint worth no sh!t'. Agate will bannish those feelings - mercilessly - and give you a sceletton, a column, a walking cane until the chakra has learned again to function accordingly to its original creation. Aftre that, other - more radiant stones can be incorporated, and later can even replace the yellow australian agate variety. But there, where all hope seems lost regarding the Solar Plexus Chakra, yellow australian agate is inevitable and hard to be substituted.

tree agate - not to be mistaken with moss agate - tree agate is mainly quartz with inclusions. tree agate is not translucent but opaque. Mainly t is mined in India, but is to be found worldwide as well. I have experieced that over the past decade, the variety of tree agte has lessened, and prices slowly start picking up, a clear sign that minable qualities are sinking atm. It is still no overpriced stone and affordable to most people.
                              Tree agate corresponds mainly to the Heart Chakra (anahata/4). It helps the breathing system and is a strong helper against asthma, allergic asthma, bronchites as well as other respiratory difficulties, including snoring, reoccuring sinuiteses etc. Tree agate helps to restore the fine bronches, which is equaly important for smokers and people living in urban areas.
                              Suffocation issues, waking up catching breath etc are often connected to traumatic molestations as well as to these very perverse cases, where aggressors had joy in suffocation of the victim before or during the rape. also the attempts of aggressors so the victims could not scream often impose later respiration difficulties upo the victims. Here tree agate will also be a very fond and dedicated helper. Not only in healing whatever might be "broken" through these events but also by restoring a feeling of security and connectedness to Mother Earth and her peoples.
                              tree agte faciliates communication with the Earthen people (elves, goblins,fairies etc) but it also helps you to grow back self esteem, deeply from within. Tree agate will take care of your inner gardening skills, the harbouring of joy and love and connection with all other "trees" out there.
                              Additionally - as the SteinElfe (stoneelf) sais: Tree agte teaches you, that you too are like a tree. You have roots, genes, education maybe roots anyway, that are like a setting, and you have a trunk, grow out these roots - thats what you do, with your attitude towards life - but you also have he branches, reaching up to the skies and achieving any goal you wish to achieve

To restore your feeling of security is utmost important in the recovery of rape/molestation. Some stones now mentioned will be repetition posts but they are such tremendous helpers that they fit in several categories of help and should therefore not e forgotten - so bear with me/it.

Black Tourmaline/Schorl
                              as stated in former posts. This stone will help a great deal. Imagine yur aura field was a field in the countryside wth a fruit tree on it. in a perfect world, no-one would steal your fruit. maybe someone would come by, and take a few fruit, but they would leave an offering in exchange and most probably one of more value than that which they have taken. but a rape survivor knows this is not the perfect world. Rape Survivors have learned that some people will simply vandalize your field, burn down the tree just for their own twisted pleasure, that they will burn and devastate your field, regardless of right and wrong and get off at it even.
                              therefore you need the black tourmaline schoerl, a stone tha would be like a fierceful guardian dog and an electrically charged barbed wire fence in the same time ! now, a possible intruder has to first overcome the fence, which isnt all tha easy anyway - and in doing so admits to be an intruder anyway, and than, if the fence fails, the guardian dog will either attack the intruder, in oderer to killing them or at least stop them, or - if all fails - to warn you from a possible danger.
                              Black Tourmaline cannot protect you from rape - dont get me wrong, and read what i say. But it will help you to defend your aura shield and thus o heal, instead of becoming a victim in all realms repeatedly and thus really destroying your core of existance.
                              therefore black schoer tourmaline, preferably a double ending crystal is of such utmost importance in the recovery after sexual assault/rape/molestation and vampirism. period

Red / Pink Rubellite Tourmaline
                              if the father is part of the problem you are recovering from, or a father-like figure. This stone also applies, if there is a problem from the assumption or fact, that a fatherly figure did not intervene, notice that such things were going on. Rubelite additionall will help you gather strength, and harbour also feelings of romance regardless your trauma

Blue Indigolite Tourmaline
                              if the person i.question is mother/mother-like figure or, as above (see rubelite/father) has let these things happen without noticing or helping. Indigolite will additionally grant you creativity, whih can prove to be very helpful in overcoming your trauma through fine arts, singing, acting etc

Green Verdelite Tourmaline
                              As mentioned before, Verdelite is one of the major stones to use. Not only will it heal your heart both on organic level (if heart beat issues derrive from the rauma) but also on the metaphorical(emotional) plain. Green Tourmaline is very effective in healings, streight to the point, all paths used. Yet i doesnt feel like it was heavy or dictating at all. People working with green tourmaline describe it to be very soft and tender. This is one of the major strengths of Verdellite actually. You dont notice how much, how effectively, how multidimensionally it is bringing you further, it is reprogramming your being. It will help you attune to natural (mother earth) energies, will help to erase those patterns of guilt and guilt tripping/guilt riding attitudes so deeply installed throughout the atrocities of incest/molestation/rape etc. Additionally to its heart and heart chakra connection (CH4) Verdelite helps the recovery of nerves, thus treating tremolo (shaking), altzheimer, parkinson, demens... disorders, as well as Multiple Scleroses, Fatigue, Fibromyalgy and neuological pains. (also Migraines, Epi Lepsy etc) Verdelite also supports recovery from bi-polar, skizzophrenia, borderline... disorders, along with ADD, Aspergies, Authism - especially if these are connected to a molestation trauma. Verdelite will also help you to overcome (related) panic attacks, sociophobia and a mulitude of neurotic behaviours and fears. It will improve recovery through a good sleep, bannishing nightmares and insomnia that comes from the fear of what the night might bring (as in molestation). THEREFORE THIS STONE IS A MUST HAVE

Brown Dravite Tourmaline
                              This variety of Tourmaline is often forgotten, although it is of outstanding qualities. There are quite a few people, who will not correspond to the black tourmaline stone. Not only is BLACK often looked down upon and some healing traditions disregard any use of black in healings. Also some people just dont like the black stones. Especially in correspondence to rape/incest/molestation, sometimes the link between "it happened in the dark" / "blackmailing was involved" (Agressor: 'if you tell anyone i will ....') to black stones will cause a kind of allergy to such stones. Here the brown dravite variety comes in very handy. Although some crystals may apear to be black, most already have a yellowish/brown touch on the outside, and some are translucent even. Many Dravite specimen are single or even doubly terminated crystals, thus adding to their healing capacities quite effectively. Dravite, alike Schoerl, protects your aura and restores the feeling of security. It feels a lot ike a warm scarf around your neck, when you are wearing Dravite necklaces. Additionally to protecting you it emits warmth and offers a lot of comfort. More so, it helps you (through its ch.2 connection) to find your place in society, to find out how you can fit in anyway, regardless the trauma you have to overcome.

Green Jade, Nephrite
                              Jade from British Columbia, Nephrite or imperial Jade count as green jade varieties. Please note, that due to its preciousness and rareness, many similar looking tones have been named jade, but they are not, and therefore shouldnt be mistaken for it. The Innuit in Canada/Alaska use a green-blackish stone for carvings; this one is - to my knowledge - not jade, but also called canadian jade, the chinese or new jade in fact is serpentine, the african jade is green african prasem/jasper/buddstone etc etc. The A-quality aventurine is used to immitate Imperial Jade quite effectively too. Therefore ask for Nephrite best. Nephrite is a kind of Jade that will not only carry the Jade vibes but add some very helpful energies along the way.
                              Nephrite/Jade is a very protective stone. Alike Verdelite tourmaline it has a main connection to the Anahata Heart Chakra (4). But Jade is also like Black Tourmaline a protector of the whole of the aura, and will enhance the work of any chakra alltogether. Jade was believed by many cultures to absorb negativity and to deflect evil. It was used during centuries as a lucky charm against any form of disaster or evil, as protection from harm and evil spirited people alike. It is also a protective stone for wealth, property, the habitats, your animals, horses (now cars) etc. This multitude of proection does make its rather high price well worth the money. It is like an investition in your very bodyguard. Jade is a protector of the inner organs: heart, stomac, intestines, and Liver. Nephrite (greek nephros: kidney) additionally helps the whle urinary system: kidneys, urinary "tubes" for lack of better english, prostata etc. It is used to enhance and protect the reproductive sexual organs, both inside and outside (i know, TMI). Both Nephrite and Jade that is. and they both will help with sexual disorders, against pains during intercourse and the mestrual circle etc - all of which are quite common after molestation/rape etc

Especially women experiencing diffficulties in: conceiving, intercourse, orgasm, frigidity and overactive libido etc as well as menstrual problems, heavy pains, nausea (esp related to this topic) should try using Lavender Jade (but make sure you get what you wanted; lavender jade too is simulated by ainted/dyed whatever stones, serpentines, or lavender quartz)

ok just in case anyone misses the point of this thread. You shouldn't rely totally on Crystals and stones for rape recovery. You should seek professional support and a rape support group. Also sometimes rape recovery can take a lifetime to recover.

Also Rhodocrosite is a good stone for sending offensive energy to the rapist. Mainly the one of the deep red variety. This is a stone that should not be used lightly as it's a powerful stone. As in general the dark variety is used for capture,banishment and sacrifice.

green tourmaline is a heart healer,but not as much as rose quartz where it can give high amounts of happiness. Although in some accounts rose quartz can help with rape and child molestion issues.

Also confirming with the earth.as it reminds there IS no such thing as dirty.

A chrsophase necklace was proven to be effective in child molestation healings.

one site that can be helpful is RISE(Rape Incest & Suicide Education)

Comment

Working...
                              X