Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightdragon's Crystal/Stone Info Thread

Oct 2010
    Religion
    pagan ,Celtic influences.

Lightdragon's Crystal/Stone Info Thread

NOTE: It seems like more and more people are using pieces of this thread and even the entire thread on other sites. Wolfsong has no problem with people doing this but he would ask that you give him credit somewhere within your site. It took years of work for him to compile this and he would appreciate you honoring this small request of his.

the rest are his words.

I desided it would be fun to break down quartz properties based on thier formations. To facilitate this I have dug through my quartz and photographed the differant formations and attached to each one a very basic outline of that particular formation's properties. The outlines are very basic as I wanted them to be. This thread is only meant to give basic information and to give you a visual idea as to what each formation looks like. If any formation sparks an interest I would encourage you to seek out more information. I'm sure everyone here would be more than willing to help out.

That being said lets get the ball rolling

Quartz

Quartz is one of the most common compounds in the Earth's crust and can also be found in meteorites as well as moon rocks. Throughout history it has had gemstone, spiritual, ornamental and collecting uses. In modern times you find quartz in many everyday items including sandpaper, ceramics, soap, clocks, computers, radios and much more. In electrical tests it was shown to produce regular electrical pulses and field changes which inventors could predict. It was the first crystal used in radio wave transceivers, is used in watches and time pieces, and was essential in the development of computers.
    For spiritualists and spiritual healers no stone is as essential to thier craft as Quartz. Embodying all the qualities they seek, it is the quintessential healing crystal. It is believed that its crystal formation can align the harmonies within the human body, that the crystal can be programmed easily, that acupuncture needles coated with Quartz are more effective, and that it has the ability to send and receive energy. It is without a doubt the crystal most widely used within the pagan community for almost any conceivable purpose.

Geological Side of Quartz

Clear Quartz is composed of Silicon and Oxygen, the Earth's most common elements. Any impurities are generally trace elements of Aluminum, Lithium, Potassium or Sodium.
    Quartz has a hexagonal crystal structure made of trigonal crystalized silica (silicon diaxiade, SiO2). It has a hardness of 7 and its density is 2.65 g/cm3. The primary microcrystalline crystal classification of Quatrz is trigonal, containing four axes, three of which intersect to form a plane intersected by the forth. Based on impurities or disruptions of the formation process, samples may contain encrustations and phantom crystals. The most important distinction between types of quartz is that of individual crystals visible to the unaided eye (macrocrystalline) and aggregates of crystals visible only under high powered magnification (cryptocrytalline). Even though historically quartz has been named due to its coloration, current scientific naming refers primarily to the microstructure of the mineral. Color is the secondary identifier for cryptocrystalline structures and the primary identifier of the macrocrystalline structures. Even this however doesnt always hold true.
    The name Quartz comes from the German Quarz which is of Slavic origin. Others say the name comes from the Saxon Querkluftertz meaning cross-vien ore.
    Quartz also creates electricity through a process called piezoelectricity when mechanical stress is applied to it.
    Amethyst: In the 20th century the color of amethyst was said to be cause by the presence of manganese. Since it is capable of being greatly altered by heat however, the color was believed by some to be from an organic source. Both sulfur and ferric thiocyanate were said to have been detected. In 2005 it was discovered that impurity atoms are responsible for the color of amethyst. Amethyst is composed of an irregular superposition of alternate lamellae of right-handed and left-handed quartz. Because of this amethyst breaks with a ripple fracture. Some mineralogists apply the name of amethyst to all quartz with this structure regardless of the color.
    Citrine: Citrine contains ferric iron impurities and is rarely found naturally. Most commercial citrine is actually artificially heated amethyst or smokey quartz.
    Milky Quartz: The whiteness of this quartz is caused by inclusions of minute gas and/or water bubbles.
    Rose Quartz: The color is due to trace amounts of titanium, iron or manganese. Some Rose Quartz contains microscopic rutile needles which produces an asterism in transmitted light. Recently X-ray diffraction studies suggest that the color is due to thin microscopic fibers of dumortierite. When found in crystal form the color is thought to be due to trace amounts of phosphate or aluminium. The color is photosensitive and may fade over time.
    Shocked Quartz: This is a form of quartz that has a microscopic structure that is different from normal quartz. Under intense pressure the crystal structure of quartz becomes deformed along planes inside the crystal. These planes show up as lines which are called shock lamellae.
    Smokey Quartz: The coloration in smokey quartz is caused through the natural irradication of aluminium-containing rock crystal. When it becomes very dark brown to black opaque it is known as morion.
    Crystals may also contain prisms or form as twinned, doubly terminated, healed, generator, tabular, faden-lined, windowed, time line, record keeper, channeling, isis, bridge, dow, elestial, grounding, extra terrestrial, Japanese law twin, key, barnicle formations and more.

Quartz In History

It is safe to say that Quartz has been collected since the earliest humans came into contact with it. Prehistoric burial sites contain many items and amoung them can be found Quartz. Quartz, to these early humans, must have seemed as gifts from nature and its clarity, beauty, and geometric perfection could only have instilled awe and reverance amoungst these cultures.
    Natural caves that contained Quartz, wherever they existed, became attractors for healers and sacred work around the world. These healers and the people who carried out this work are now for the most part called shamans.
    In ancient Egypt, glazed Quartz surved as a substitute when no high quatlity Turquoise could be found.
    The Greeks had originally named Quartz Krystallos, the word for ice, but this soon came to mean any crystal.
    Pliny the Elder believed Quartz was permanently frozen ice. His belief in this came from his idea that Quartz was to be found near claciers in the Alps and the fact that large Quartz crystals were fashioned into spheres to cool the hands.
    In China's Ming Dynasty, Quartz was often seen in jewelery.
    In Pre-Columbia, explorations of Mixtec graves have uncovered Quartz used for ear jewelery.
    In European history, Queen Elizabeth 1's spiritualist's crystal ball was Smokey Quartz which is also the national gem of Scotland who's national scepter included a large Smokey Quartz on top. European royalty in the 18th and 19th centuries went through a Quartz collecting "fad". In some cases this was the beginning of mineral collections now found in museums throughout Europe.
    The British believed that nine Quartz collected from a brook and boiled in water from the same brook would impart healing energies to the water.
    North American Indians used Quartz for ritual work and jewelry. Arrowheads, knives, and ornamental objects made of Quartz have been found throughout North America. Quartz crystals mounted on ceremonial bojects have been found in California. The Cherokee used them for divining as well as a charm for hunting. After a successful hunt they would rejuventate its powers by cleansing it in deer blood. The Hottentots used sharpened Quartz objects for sacrificing animals and circumcising young boys.
    In Australia the Aranda were known to initiate healers by rubbing thier bodies with Quartz to the point of causing abrasions. They would press crystals into his scalp and then proceed to other stages of the initiation including pearcing and tattooing.
    In places such as the Malay Peninsala, Australia, South America and to a lesser extent Siberia the shaman places Quartz into the initiate's head with the belief that they will eat out the initiate's brains and eyes and replace them thus becoming thier strength. In other cases the Quartz symbolizes the healers' helping spirits.
    I find it amazing that in all of the places above as well as within most cultures around the world Quartz was believed to carry within it the spirits of everything ranging from ancestors, animals, spirit guides and so on. And in all these areas these spirits were consulted to help with healing, finding souls and most importantly, initiatory rites. It was for these reasons that all of these cultures to some extent placed Quartz within the bodies of thier most sacred and trusted healers. What better way to access these spirits than to implant them into your physical body and truely become one with them. In some cases if a healer had undergone the proceedure of having Quartz placed within his body, after his death, the Quartz would be removed and reinserted into his favorite student.
    The use of Quartz on all levels of existance can be found throughout the world and throughout its cultures. Although some cultures delved deeper than others if one searches hard enough evidence of its use will be found world wide, both in the past as well as in the present.

Shamanism

The word shaman has its origin in manchu-tangu and has reached the ethnologic vocabulary through Russian. The word originated from saman (xaman), derived from the verb scha-, "to know", so shaman means someone who knows. Further ethnologic research shows that the true origin for the word Shaman can be tracked from the Sanskrit initially, then through Chinese-Buddhist mediation to the manchu-tangu, indicating a much deeper connection between early Buddhism and Shamanism. In Sanskrit it is Sramana translated to something like "buddhist monk". The intermediate Chinese term is scha-men. The Siberian and Central Asian peoples also had local terms for the Shaman. In alataic Turkish it was kam, in Yacuto, ojon, in the Butirates, boo, and in Central Asia, bakshi, for the Samoans, tadibe, Lapps, moita, Finnish, tieojo and Hungarians, taltos.
    Definitions of "Shaman" vary around the world. Here are a few.
    "Indigenous healer who deliberately alters his consciousness in order to obtain knowledge and power from the world of the spirits in order to help and cure the members of his tribe" (S. Krippner, 1990)
    The Ojibway, speaking of the Midewiwin, a Secret Ojibwa Medicine Society: "It is the person, man or woman, who experiences, absorbs, and communicates a special form of support, of healing power" (A. Grimm, 1987)
    "He who knows the archaic techniques of ecstasy" (M. Eliade, 1972)
    "A person to whom special powers are attributed for communicating with the spirits and influence them dissociating his soul from his body. The spirits help him do his chores which include discovering the cause of sickness, hunger and any disgrace, and prescribing an appropriate cure. They are found among the Siberians and other Asiatic people; his activity also evolves among many other religions and with other names." (The Cambridge Encyclopedia, 1990)
    "The eternal art of living in harmony with creation." (J. Matthews, 1991)
    "There are three key elements for defining Shamans:
    1) They can voluntarily enter altered states of consciousness
    2) In these states they can feel themselves "travel".
    3) They use these journeys as a method of acquiring knowledge or power and for helping the people of their community." (R. N. Walsch, 1990)
    Shamanism, although not considered a religion today by its practitioners, is thought by some scholers to be the oldest religion in the world dating back 100,000 years or more. Shamans are considered masters at achieving altered states of consciousness and use these journeys to identify and heal individuals both mentaly and physically. Shamans are also looked at as being at one with nature and using plants and other materials such as Quartz to carry out thier work. They are catalysts of social evolution ever seeking to bring about change through magic and ritual in a natural environment.

Animatism

One cannot talk about Shamanism or any type of nature work without touching on the concept of "animatism". The word was first brought to us by an anthropologist named R.R. Marret who 100 years ago proposed that the origin of spiritual awareness was to be found amoungst indigenous peoples' widespread belief in a supernatural power that pervades and animates all things. He called this belief "animatism". Examples of this are found worldwide. Amoungst the Algonquins it is known as "manitou", Muslims called it "baraka", Chinese "Chi", Hindus "prana", Polynesians "mana", and the Kalahari Bushmen referred to this invisible force as "num". It was the cause of extraordinary events, both good and bad luck and unusual powers. All cultures believed that this force existed throughout the universe and that certain areas and objects tended to concentrate this energy. Most everyone today believes in the existence of this power. Shamans and natural healers however know with certainty that this energy is real. Indigenous cultures world wide agree that this power can be transmitted through touch, that it may be used for good and evil, that it can be absorbed through proximity, and that it can be stored in objects such as Quartz.

Mythology

In mythology the ancient Japanese, who revered Dragons as a major part of their creation myths, believed Quartz formed from the breath of a white dragon. To them, Quartz was representative of perfection, which, while unattainable, was worthy of pursuit. Indian culture believed it could detect food poisoning. Quartz played essential roles in the rain rituals of Native Americans and Australian Aboriginals. Daramulun, an Australian sky god is usually portrayed with a mouth full of Quartz, a huge phallus, and carrying a stone axe. Quartz also graced the temples of the ancient Chinese. In western culture, Christian relics were often made of Quartz and many thought it was ice in a fossilized form. The Greeks believed that Amor and Eros brought Rose Quartz to earth.

Cleansing Crystals

When one first recieves a crystal it is a good idea to spend some time cleansing it. There are many processes for this and here I will mention only a few. Most methods are accomplished with the use of ritual but some prefer to let nature alone do the process and after this is done to do a ritual which acknowledges the new bond being created.
    Water: Some cleanse their crystals using water. This can be done by allowing the crystal to sit submerged in water for a set period of time ranging from a few hours to days. Some prefer a river with flowing water to "wash away" old unwanted energies. Others prefer a bowl of distilled water while still others prefer consecrated water.
    Earth: Just as with water some prefer to bury their crystal in the earth for a set period of time. The time may vary just as mentioned above for water. Here one believes that the earth herself will absorb all unwanted energies.
    Sun and/or Moon: Just as with water and earth some choose to cleanse thier crystals using the energies of the sun and the moon. In both cases the crystals are left within sight of the sun or the moon for a set period of time. Some may take into account the solar or lunar cycles as well.
    Elements: At times people prefer a ritual which presents the crystal to the elements and asks each element to cleanse the crystal in specific ways related to the element.
    As is often the case many choose to combine aspects of the above to create thier own cleansing ritual. It must always be remembered that with all ritual work there is no right or wrong. The only thing that matters is that it works for you. The following is how I cleanse my stones and I encourage people to try it if it fits thier beliefs.
    When I first recieve a crystal, no matter if I bought it or if I found it, I take a few minutes to wash it in distilled water or in a nearby source of natural water. I then take some time to scan the crystal to learn if it is male or female. During this process the crystal has its first chance to scan me as well and it is through this first contact that the foundations are built for your relationship with it. I try not to project and feelings or emotions into it but allow myself to open completely to it thus allowing it to search within me. At this point, depending if the crystal is male or female I allow it to sit either under the light of the sun or the moon. If it is the moon I do this during the 3 day cycle of the full moon and if it is the sun on any day when it is sunny. If a crystal has come to me close to the summer solstice I try to cleanse it that day but unfortuneately this only happens for a small percentage of my crystals. No matter what however every summer solstice all my male stones get to spend the day basking in its glory. (A personal note, much of my work revolves around the sun and the moon, thier cycles and thier energies. I was born on June 21, 1959 in the early morning hours so not only was this the summer solstice but for that particular year and that particular day it was also the one of the days of the full moon cycle. When I share this with people most look at me and comment "well that explains a lot" and then throw me a sly smile) Once this process is complete I once again spend time in meditation with the crystal to try and sense its cleansed energies. This ends the cleansing for me but my work has just begun. Now comes the process of learning from each other and harmonizing our energies. My process is not short or convienient at times but it works for me. I encourage everyone to seek out a system which works for them for it is this work which will form the cornerstone of your relationship with any stone.

Quartz Formations and the Properties they Exibit

Esoteric Commonalities Amoungst Quartz: For healing it is considered a Master Healer. It amplifies healing energies and is commonly used for diagnostic work. It strengthens the body as well as improves stamina and mental engergies. It effectively treats intestinal troubles, bone injuries, arthritis, fatigue and depression. Its associated with the crown chakra but is also useful for balancing and alining all chakras.
    When discussing healing with quartz it is important to understand the belief beind this process. It is commonly believed that disease or discomfort caused within the physical body is at least in part due to the disruption or unbalancing of energies within the etheric bodies. If one can re-establish or bring balance to this energy healing will more easily take place. With the help of crystals one can bring into effect the harmonizing of the body's energy fields.
    To understand the use of Quartz in healing a little more intimately one must also understand the four magor brainwave patterns and the role they play within healing.
    The Beta wave exists when the mind is conscious and on average cycles twenty-one times per second.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Oct 2010
    Religion

Stone Identification tips

Here's a basic list to post along with any stones you wish to post here. by giving this info it will make it easier for people to help identify the stone.
    It's no guarentee that you will get the stone identified but it increases the chances.

provide a clear picture of the stone. make sure the photograph lighting is the same as it is in regular lighting. and make sure it's as clear as possible.
    providing a dark,blured image, with the wrong color will decrease the chances of getting the stone identified. Also using just the photograph will get a slim chance of identification.

what color is it?
    (just in case you have a camera that has problems with lighting this will help out people greatly.)

what is it's hardness?
    (using the MOH's hardness scale it can help determine how hard is the stone in question. one method is using a scratch test.more of it later)

what is it's dimensions or a brief desription of it?

Where did you get it or find it?
    (like for example did you find it in a lake, road,cave,etc. also what country or area you found it in. this helps greatly)

What known minerials are in the area you found this stone?

MOH's Scale
    10diamond9corundum (ruby, sapphire)8beryl (emerald, aquamarine)7.5garnet6.5-7.5steel file7.0quartz (amethyst, citrine, agate)6feldspar (spectrolite)5.5-6.5most glass5apatite4fluorite3calcite, a penny2.5fingernail2gypsum1talc

Talc 1
    Gypsum 2
    Fingernail 2.5
    calcite,penny 3
    Fluorite 4
    Apatite 5
    glass 5.5-6.5
    spectrolite 6
    quartz 7
    steel file 6.5-7.5
    Garnet 7.5
    aquamarine 8
    saphire file 9
    diamond 10

test your minerial against other points to get a good idea of its hardness.
    using your finger to scratch it means that the hardness of it is 2.5 or softer. if not then it's harder than 2.5

next scratch it with a penny. if you can't then the hardness is between 3-6. Calcite for example is a 3 on the MOH's scale. that means a piece of quartz and a penny can scratch it but your finger nail can not.

to give a further example:
    fingernail 2.5
    piece of glass or a steel knife 5.5-6.5
    piece of quartz 7
    saphire file 9

Here are also some links to help you identify your stones

http://gwydir.demon.co.uk/jo/minerals/projects.htm
    http://www.bestcrystals.com/

also if thse still are exhausted then go to the nearest museum of minerial place in your are to identify the stone. For example in New York City,N.Y. USA. you would go to the American Museum of Natural History and go to the geology dept. for them to help you identify the stone. Also don't forget to bring the stone with you as they might want to do tests on it.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Oct 2010
    Religion

Books on Stones

Now when I first began studying stones. my first resources were sheets made by someone in the store. usually they were only a paragraph to maybe a sentence or two. So if you do go to a new age shop, try to ask for one of these sheets. they are quick fact sheets. and are extremely handy.

A good book for identifying stones is Golden books rock and minerials book. it's geared for children and usually most museum shops would carry it or a book similar to it. it's more of a rockhound book than a book for metaphysical purposes. and will give a person a fair idea of what the stones will look like.

Scott Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal,Gem &Metal Magic :this was my first book on studying stonelore. it still has some useful stuff in it. but is slowly becoming outdated. as someone from another board mentioned it divides stones as active and passive. and blue stones in this book are considered passive. however stones like Lapis luzuli are a very active stone. still has some spell lore in it.

LOVE IS IN THE EARTH, A Kaleidoscope of Crystals by MELODY: very useful book. but bear in mind that although she has over 700 different type of stones in there, it is not the be all or end all of stones. as on numerious occasions me and several people could not find certain stones in her book.Also she will not give knowledge on stones that extremely toxic like mercury or uses for new ivory and tortoise shell.

LOVE IS IN THE EARTH KALEIDOSCOPIC PICTORIAL *Supplement A and Supplement Z by MELODY: never got around to getting supplement z although i browsed through it in one or two book shops.
    these two books either give additional inormation as well as pictorals of ALL the stones in the book.

the other books by MELODY are also good by recommendation from other known gemlorists.

also MELODY put out a book:
    Love Is in the Earth - the Crystal and Mineral Encyclopedia - the Little Fantastic and the Last Testament: The Encyclopedia Describing the Metaphysical and Mineralogical Properties of the Mineral Kingdom which is a combo of all her other books with additional info. but it will be a heavy book at 9.6 pounds and is 976 pages. current price for it is about $67 USD at Amazon.com.

Crystal Awareness by Catherine Bowman:an excellent book for using quartz crystals in healing practices and it is excellent for a rank beginner in stone lore. has the most basic of info with crystal quartzes. if other books will overwhelm you this one won't.

Crystal Enlightenment by Katrina Raphaell , I got this book for free when a new age shop was closing and they gave me some of the store copies. while it is far from MELODY's books it is a little better in stone lore than the Bowman book listed above. written in 1985
    it sill has some useful info but it has some info on Lemuria and Atlantis and other New Age mythos. This can be ignored if you want to.

Michael's Gemstone Dictionary by "Michael", JP Van Hulle and Judithan H.David ,Ph.D. a red flag comes up when the knowledge of the book is channeled through a collective group of 1050 entities known as Michael. supposedly some or all of them lived on this plane of existance at one time. again more New Age mythos in how the knowledge was obtained. from my experience the knowledge is useful. I got this book the same way as Crystal Enlightenmet. i would recommend you to get a used copy as it is way way cheaper than a new one.

The Women's Book of Healing by Diane Stein . Ok again another book i got like the other two. it will generate a lot of feminist viewpoints which might be a turnoff for some people. despite the title a man can use it or at least some of the contents. has some useful stuff in it.

Dunwich's Guide to Gemstone Sorcery by Gerina Dunwich. a good to okay book on folklore and on employing stones in spell use. as well as a good number of Wiccan/pagan references. has info on cursed stones, spells and of course uses on healing. will have a brief listing of what goetic demons are useful in helping the caster learn more on gemstones.

Healing Crystals and Gemstones: From Amethyst to Zircon by Dr.Flora Peschek-Bohmer and Gisela Schreiber and is translated by Sibylle Dausien. This is an excellent book on a lot of German stonelore techniques. while it doesn't have the vast amount of stones that MELODY's books have, it does have another way to use stones in healing.

Other books that were recommended to me seem ok are

Crystal Power Crystal Healing - Gienger

Mystical Lore of Precious Stones - Kunz

The Curious Lore of Presious Stones - Kunz

Field Guide to Rocks and Minerals - National Audubon Society

Field Guide to North American Rocks and Minerals - National Audubon Society,

Handbook Of Rocks Minerals & Gemstones by Walter Schumann

Falling Stars - Reynolds

Cambridge Encyclopedia of Meteorites

Amber Window to the Past - Grimaldi

Beyond the Blue Horizon: Myths and Legends of the Sun, Moon, Stars and Planets... by E.C. Krupp

Caves: Exploring Hidden Realms" by Michael Ray Taylor, Ronal C. Kerbo. from what i heard excellent photography

Stone Power by Dorothee Mella

Gemstones published by Sterling publishing Co

Judy Hall's Crystal Bible

Corrine Kenner's Crystals for Beginners

Gem and Mineral Lore: Remedies, Magick and Folklore by Rev. Paul V. Beyerl

some of these books you can get at Amazon.com

from "Lilith"
    Healing Crystals: A-Z to 430 Gemstones by Michael Gienger
    Crystals by Jennie Harding

Oct 2010
    Religion

Stones for bags

I would strongly recommend to use no more than three stones in a pouch. As that is what the average person can work with , but if you feel you can work with more , feel free. also feel free to work with less than three. And if you if you know of another combination, feel free to post it.
    In some combinations I put in hematite or tiger iron as some people have problems working with this stone. if you have a really heavy feeling then use the tiger iron.

Acting, to help with
    Carnelian
    quartz
    cat's eye

Addictions
    amethyst
    smoky quartz
    quartz

Against the evil eye
    Red coral
    Rhodochrosite
    Gold(in the shape of a Mano Fica or Mano Cornufa)
    silver(ditto)

Animal guide attraction
    Rainforest Rhyolite
    Tanzanite
    Clear quartz

Art,to help with
    Chrysocolla
    Moqui Marbles
    picasso stone
    tourmaline,green
    chrysoprase

Astral projection
    blue kyanite(gem quality as it is much harder)
    astrophyllite
    black opal
    quartz crystal

Balancing energies
    watermelon tourmaline
    moonstone
    smoky quartz

Child abuse recovery
    Rose quartz
    green aventurine
    watermelon tourmaline
    pink tourmaline

Childbirth, to help with
    Red jasper
    clear quartz
    Ruby(brings on labor)

Conception
    ruby
    red jasper
    red coral
    moonstone

Confusion,to get rid of
    sodalite
    hematite or tiger iron
    bornite

Contacting your higher self
    unopened crystal geode
    angelite
    amethyst

courage
    bloodstone
    blue topaz
    carnelian
    red aventurine

Decision making
    Selenite
    Icelandic spar calcite
    clear quartz

Defensive magick
    Onyx
    Red Jasper
    Pure iron
    jet
    sulphur(solid ,not powdered)
    black coral
    apache tear
    black kyanite
    lead
    lodestone
    snowflake obsidian
    turquoise
    steel

Depression
    amethyst
    emerald
    smoky quartz
    citrine
    fire opal
    rose quartz

Destroy or block magic
    brass
    pure iron

Dreams
    amethyst
    herkimer diamond
    jade
    quartz crystal

Emotional trama
    Azurite
    lapis lazuli
    mahogany obsidian
    orange goldstone
    pink tourmaline

Femine energy
    Pearls(sea)
    moonstone
    silver

Financial improvement
    granite
    gypsum pyrite

Ghost investigating
    black tourmaline
    jet
    tanzanite

Grief over loss
    azurite
    flint
    lapis lazuli
    mahogany obsidian
    snowflake obsidian

Grounding & centering
    Hematite or tiger iron
    gold tiger's eye
    magnetite
    pyrite

Increasing magickal power
    silver aventurine
    barite
    rutile quartz
    tourmalated quartz

Incest recovery
    blue sapphire
    chrysocolla
    lapis lazuli

Love
    emerald
    red lodestone
    Rose quartz
    ruby
    -------these stones togather---
    rose quartz -to bring self love
    quartz -a general enhancer
    tiger's eye- bring passion
    lapis lazuli- express your inner self
    ---------------------

Luck
    amazonite
    apache tear
    turquoise

luck with jobs
    amzonite
    emerald
    low grade aquamarine
    pyrite
    tin

Masculine energy
    gold
    clear quartz
    smoky quartz

Meditations
    avalonite
    blue kyanite(gem quality as this type is much harder)
    rainforest rhyolite
    clear quartz crystal

Memory
    hematite or tiger iron
    clear calcite
    icelandic spar
    pyrite

Mentral problems
    moonstone
    bloodstone(for excessive bleeding)
    lava(ditto)
    Hematite(low menstral flow)
    pumice(ditto)
    Blue lace agate(cramps)
    chrysocolla(ditto)
    Labradorite(low back aches due to menstral problems)
    carnelian(ditto)

Money
    Emerald
    gold
    green lodestone
    ruby
    tiger's eye
    tin

Nightmares,to halt
    jet
    ruby
    clear quartz

Past life regression
    blizzard stone
    blue amethyst
    fossils
    petrified wood
    strawberry quartz

peace
    amethyst
    aquamarine
    blue lace agate
    celestite
    ocean jasper

physical fitness
    blue tiger's eye
    flint
    gypsum

Physical energy,to increase
    bloodstone
    blue tiger's eye
    labradorite

physic abilities
    moonstone
    silver
    sugalite
    tanzanite

PMS
    amethyst
    black tourmaline
    chrysocolla
    moonstone
    smoky quartz

projects,to gain support
    granite
    meterorite
    pyrite

projects,to help with
    granite
    hematite
    sodalite

protection from negative envirnoment(non-magical or entity related)
    hematite or tiger iron
    pyrite
    red jasper
    ----use these together-----
    black tourmaline - to absorb the negativity
    black obsidian -general protection
    quartz -enhance the stones
    amethyst- give inner peace and healing
    ----------------

protection from ghosts
    black tourmaline
    jet
    onyx
    red jasper
    tanzanite

Psychic abilities ,to enhance
    amethyst
    aquamarine
    emerald
    quartz

public speaking
    carnelian
    lapis lazuli
    yellow jasper

Rape recovery
    black tourmaline
    chrysocolla
    lapis lazuli

Recovery after a sickness
    blue lace agate
    flint
    gypsum

Self-esteem
    citrine
    peacock ore
    pumice

Sending magical energy
    copper
    lodestone
    malachite

Sexuality,to decrease
    onyx
    quartz

Sexuality, to increase
    alexandrite
    carnelian
    ruby

sleep, to help
    moonstone
    periodt
    sodalite

stress
    amethyst
    aquamarine
    rose quartz
    selenite
    smoky quartz

success
    amazonite
    labradorite
    marble

Oct 2010
    Religion

Wolfsong's Quartz:Atlantean/Lemurian record keepers

The following is from Wolfsong on this subject:

I don't think I have spoken of Atlantean Quartz and if I have it was only in passing. This is largely due because I find myself biased towards it. It supposedly allows contact with Atlantis and the knowledge from there. Although I have attempted to work with it several times I have never been able to make a link in this regards so rather than get into large debates about these crystals I choose to not talk about them often. Several other people I know have experimented with them as well and like me have had no results. In all honesty I have yet to meet a person who has had success working with these in person. I don't doubt they work for some people but I personally have no interest in this line of Quartz work.

All that being said Atlantean crystals from what I have heard can take the form of seed crystals. What one needs to remember is that the original seed crystals came from a specific locale in Brazil but now the formations have been found in several other areas around the world. Seed crystals coming from the formation defining locale are not linked with Atlantean crystals but seed crystals from other locales have been linked by some.

In regards to Dimensional Quartz. Myself and many I know feel this is a name given to Quartz which has gone by other names in the past or put another way... a new name given to types of quartz which in the past have helped people with out-of-body work, astral travel, divination or any other type of work which falls within this grouping. Basically Quartz which allows you to travel to or across other demensions to gain knowledge and bring it back into your reality. (keep in mind time, to some, is considered another (demension(s).) This isn't nessessarily a bad idea but as one learns more about quartz one realises that to work with dimensional quartz effectively one needs to understand the differing forms of travel different Quartz formations offer and when one does this it brings them back to the old associations given to specific Quartz formations before the term "demensional quartz" was used.

In regards to it being "warm and light" this falls in line with most quartz formations which assist one in out-of-body work. Most people do this in two stages and without saying too much it really comes down to allowing oneself to first enter the crystal and then allowing the crystal to open the doorway so-to-speak.

Lightbrary's do somewhat the same thing but in a slightly different way.

This actually brings up another interesting subject which I will get to in the quartz thread more deeply... that being today's metaphysical community giving new names to old ideas.

In the end I tend to stick with the old names as they tend to be more universally accepted and more refined but it's always a good idea to keep up with the terms used today just so one remains in the loop. You will also find that different cultures have different names for the same associations.... Brazilian medicine men of the past have some of the most refined quartz definitions and properties for the formations.

Lemurian Seed Crystals were mined in Brazil. Apparently they were found at the top of a hill that was being strip-mined for Quartz. These were not and are in no way linked with the Atlantean crystals. What happens many times however is that the same type of formation is found in other areas of the world later on and go by the same name. The stepped pattern of Lemurian Seed Crystals are now found in many areas throughout the world including Mt. Ida, Russia, Pakistan, India, China and many other places. What happens so often is that as formations are found in different areas people attach more and different properties to them and this is what has happened with some of the seed crystals coming from different locales.

Also, keep in mind that I said this link way made by "some". As I said above I do not follow this train of thought in regards to these crystals but I do find the Lemurian Seed Crystals very useful in other aspects.

The same thing has happened to many other minerals as well. I know that for myself personally certain formations or mineral types from different locations around the world hold different or slightly varying properties making them more effective under different circumstances. If I'm not mistaking CzechWoods has mentioned this

The raised or sunken triangles were originally referred to as "Record-Keeper Crystals". In the late 70s some started referring to them as "Atlantean Record-Keeper Crystals". This naming by some didn't bother too many people due to the fact that these triangular formations have always been thought to hold records of the past and if those who believed in the concept of Atlantis found records from there hidden within these crystals it held true to the belief that Record-Keeper Crystals hold ancient knowledge from throughout the universe. Today raised triangles on crystals are referred to by both terms some calling them Atlantean Record-Keepers and others calling them Record-Keepers. As I've stated so many times in the end it come down to what you learn from the crystal and not what anyone tells you about it. If you feel the crystal has a connection to Atlantis and its lost archives then it does.

Lemurian crystals traditionally is a crystal which has a step pattern going up the side(s) as I mentioned above. The step pattern usually creates a tapering effect making it slightly smaller on one end. The ones coming out of Brazil do have a pinkish hue to them and this is what sets them apart from most others but rarely one finds ones with pink coming out of Pakistan as well. Although many hold to the fact that they must have a pinkish tinge many clear stepped and tapered crystals are now sold as Lemurian.

If it's a true seed there should be no contact point anywhere.

Let me finish by saying as I did earlier in this thread somewhere that this is a field which is constantly evolving and as it does people's knowledge grows. It's up to each of us as individuals to find which of these "truths" holds true for each of us. Many of the concepts brough up by people are valid and there are some that no matter how hard you try to grasp they just wont fit your ways no matter how hard you try.

The deepest truths and wisdom will never be found in a book or heard from someone else. Those secrets lie only within yourself.

I've heard of these referred to as Recordkeeper rubies and yes... they have similarities to other recordkeepers. What you will find is that any mineral containing triangles can be used as recordkeepers. What differs is what information they actually hold as well as, in some cases, how this information is accessed.

You will find that most posted information on these will say that they contain vast amounts of ancient information and this, in a way, is true. Once you have started working with recordkeeper rubies however you will find that the type of information differs from that contained within Quartz recordkeepers.

Meteoric fragments containing recordkeeper triangles are probably the most unique and their information goes beyond what most other minerals do...

Diamonds are another cool recordkeeper.. heck... all recordkeeper minerals are fascinating .. Some tend to be pretty quirky however

Oct 2010
    Religion

Stones for Left Hand paths.

Abaddon is associated with ruby

Gold:Amon,Beelzebub aka Baalzebub,Bim aka Bune,Caim aka Camio,Gamygen aka Samigina/Gamigin,Glasya-Labolas aka Caacrinolaas/Caasimola,Murmur,Vassago,

Silver:Abraxas aka Decarabia,Amdusias,Andras,Andrealphus,Hagenti aka Haagenti,Purson/Curson,Seere,Vual aka Uvall,

copper:Astaroth,Agares/Aguares,Amy aka Avnas,Asmodeus aka Asmoday/Sydonay,Barbatos,Cimeries aka Cimejes,Eligor aka Eligos/Abigor,Halpas,Marchosias,Ose aka Oso/Voso,Phenex, Stolas aka
    Stomas,Zepar

Iron:Andras,Andromalius,Beelzebub,Balam,Dantalian, Foreus,Ipos aka Ipes/Ayporos/Aypeos,Morax aka Foraii/Forax/Marax, Sabnack aka Suburac
    /Sabnock,Saleos aka Zaleos/Sallos,Shax aka Chax/Scox,

Tin:Aini aka Aym/Aim/Harborym,Belial,Bifrons,Crocell aka Procel/Purcel,Furcas,Marbas aka Barbas,Naberius aka Nebiros,Ronobe aka Roneve/Ronove,Valefor aka Malaphar,Vine,

Lead:Bathin aka Bathym/Marthim,Botis,Furfur,Gaap aka Tap/Goap,Gomory aka Gomori/Gremory,Gusion aka Gusayn,Malphas,Orobas,Raum,Sytry aka Sitri,Volac,Zagan,

Mercury:Beleth aka Byleth/Elyth,Buer,Flauros aka Havres/Haures,Lucifage Rofocale aka Focalor,Foras aka Forcas,Lerajie,Orias aka Oriax,Paimon, Vapula aka Naphula,Vepar aka Separ,

Bronze:Alloces aka Allocen/Alloein/Allocer

Nickel:Andrealphus

from a "Darth Brooks"

Iron is considered very scared to Setians.Sometimes called the "bones of Typhon. and it is said that Seth "ejaculates" iron from His amputated genitalia, which were placed in the sky to become Ursa Major. This is exactly what the Egyptians thought when they used iron in two different ritual contexts. In one context, they used an iron adze (which is sort of like a spoon) shaped exactly like the Big Dipper and made entirely from iron for the Opening of the Mouth. This is a ritual in which the iron adze is pressed upon the "mouths" of inanimate objects (e.g., statues, corpses, etc.) to "force" their "mouths" open, that they may become sacred fetishes or points of intersection through which hekau ("words of power") may pass back and forth between heaven and earth. In terms of sympathetic magic, the effect is one of animating inanimate objects by making them "kiss" Seth's iron genitals.

The other ritualized context in which iron was used is to ward off evil forces, which is a trait that iron is believed to have in many cultures, not just the Egyptian. Hence why prison bars are made of iron; it's a survival of the ancient belief that iron can keep evil contained. in a Sethian context since only the God with the severed iron genitals (Seth) is strong enough to ward off Ap*phis itself (the supreme force of evil). So iron is an extremely important metal in the Sethian traditions. He was lucky enough to find an iron railroad spike during one of his walks a long time ago, and he took to using it for blessings and banishings. It's not exactly an adze but it's served him well nonetheless. He keeps it on his altar to keep it sufficiently charged. And whenever anybody asks him for some methods to ward off unwanted negative energies that might be tormenting them, one of his first recommendations is to find something made of iron and keep it with them at all times.

aside from iron any rock or stone that is colored red. Red is the sacred color of Seth and anything with the color red is of His essence, from red candles to wily redhead Valkyries. One of the places I've found some of the best red-colored stones are at the shores of the Great Lakes in the United States.

Oct 2010
    Religion

Stones for the Paranormal

As i used it on a ghost hunting trip and practically had the ghost follow me. The film i took went all black and the heat thermometer broke during the trip then later on it worked. Actually i used tanzanite, quartz, black tourmaline , jet , red jasper and onyx on that trip.

In dealing with astral dragons all are drawn to crystal quartzs (the variety usually doesn`t matter).

in working with astral beings pyrite , gold tiger's eye and quartz are usually used.
    Astral dragons:
    in general all are attracted to quartz.

dragons of light spirit are usually drawn to areas of positive energy and so far apache tears placed around the house will create an area of positive energy to attract them. pyrite

Earth dragons will be attracted to pyrite as well.

chaos dragons from what i gather are usually drawn usually black defensive stones. still a tad fuzzy but the standard quartz works.

Faires:
    rose quartz and fair cross stones

now others will testify that black tourmaline is an excellent stone when ghost hunting or in an environment that has ghost activity. even minor hostile ghost activity.unless the ghost is throwing objects at you. which will be major hostile activity.

another combination is black onyx,turquoise and jade

Oct 2010
    Religion

Magic Crystals.

ok. i`m gonna have to explain this one otherwise people are gonna say Lightdragon is playing too much with crystals. This is another name for Crackled rock quartz . They are heat treated to give that crackled effect and sometimes dyed. The most common dyes are pink, light blue,yellow. purple, red, dark blue,orange, and green are dyed as well. Usually when the stone is dyed, it will respond to the chakra color without programing it. for example a dyed yellow stone will respond to the third chakra, a red one to the first, etc. non-dyed crackled crystals will resond the same way as normal tumbled quartz crystals
    They are easy to get in tumbled form as most rock shops that have a childrens section will have them. some bead stores will also sell them. Also they might fade in direct sunlight so cleansing with direct sunlight might not be a good idea with these crystals.

Why am I posting this???? Because on another forum. people kept asking what these were on a regular basis. so i decided to post it.

almost any childrens muesum shop will usually sell these, other places that sell rocks to kids. it's newest name is now cracle quartz stones.

also try eBay. but search under crackle quartz and you should find something.

Oct 2010
    Religion

Re: Wolfsong's Quartz formations & Properties.

The Alpha wave exists when one is dreaming, while creatively thinking, and is the beginning level of suggestiblity of the subconscious mind cycling between seven and fourteen times a seocnd.
    Theta waves actives the beginning levels of psychokinesis, facilitates painless surgery and initiates powerful levels of suggestibility. It cycles four to seven times a second.
    Delta waves initiate the deepest of sleep. In this state the mind is open to most suggestions and ESP talents are at thier peek. They cycle at one half to four cycles per second.
    With the above knowledge and taking into account that Quartz is a natural producer, storer, focuser and amplifyer of energies it is easy to see why it is such an effective healing tool. Analizing the body and energy patterns to identify the energy blockage and/or the unbalanced energies as well as the discomfort and/or disease is the first step. At this point one can deside at which level of consciousness healing will have the greatest effect. (Treatment at times can involve all levels of consciousness and at other times one or any combination of the four.) Lastly an effective healing can be carried out taking all of the above information into account. This whole process lends itself ideally to using Quartz.
    Of course quartz can be used in many other ways to assist in healing work. The above outline is just one example. One should feel free to experiment with other methods and seek one's own wisdom in regards to any work with quartz.
    No matter what method you use in your healing work I always suggest to people to explain the process to the individual as one proceeds. If this is not doable due to the state of consciousness they will be in walk them through the proceedure before hand. I'm a strong believer in that there should be no secrets between you and your client. In order to facilitate healing one must ensure the individual is in a calm and relaxed state. One of the surest ways of doing this is to ensure the individual is perfectly clear on what will be taking place.
    No healing should ever be attempted unless the person being healed has asked you for your help and has consented for you to proceed with the process. No matter what you feel about the situation this rule must always be followed.
    As with all healing the patient should regularly visit a doctor and follow thier directions at all times.

All quartz can be used to absorb, enhance, store, amplify, focus, balance, transmit and transform energies.It can be used for storing and recieving information, harmonizing the environment and energizing other crystals. It is helpful in enhancing thought, manifestion work, healing, meditation, protection, dispelling negativity, increasing creativity, dealing with romantic relationships and purification on all levels. Along with all this it enhances spritual growth and wisdom, dreamwork, scrying and for connecting to your higher self as well as the universe. Quartz also allows itself to be readily programmed.

All of this being said individual Quartz formations hold specific engergies for specific purposes. In the following pages you will find many quartz formations and the properties which they may contain. It is important however to remember that Quartz, at times, opens different doorways for different people and as such nothing which follows is set in stone so to speak. I encourage everyone to work with specific crystals in thier posession to learn everything it has to teach you. I assure you you will encounter many pleasent surprises. It has often been said that it is not the final destination that is important on a journey. It is the journey itself and the wonders one encounters along the way. This holds true with your journey with Quartz as well. If I can say one thing it would be that no matter what you read approach all crystals with an open mind and allow them to speak to you. If you do this you can never go wrong. On with specific formations and thier properties.

Dow Crystal: A dow crystal is a crystal with 3 primary 7 sided faces and 3 smaller triangular faces.

Dow Crystals help one gain intuitive awareness. It is considered 1 of the 12 master crystals. It is considered to be a powerful teaching and healing tool. The most balanced of all crystals they combine the properties of channelling and transmitter crystals. Great for balancing energies as well as emotional bodies. Those interested in numerology will see the suggnificance in the numbers of the six faces (7-3-7-3-7-3).

Chakra: Crown, Third Eye

Key Crystal: This crystal is one which has a 3 or 6 sided indentation somewhere in the crystal.

Key Crystals help answer ones innermost questions, solves problems and gives access to hidden information. It also helps one open doors to healing. You can place this crystal onto letters or anything to gain information as to what is within. Healing methods as well as illusive aspects of oneself can also be revieled through the use of these crystals. This crystal is very useful to healers and ones seeking inner secrets.

Chakra: Root, Third Eye

Manifestation Crystal: A crystal which has another crystal completely enclosed within it. (in the specimen shown the manifestation is shown in the main face of the large crystal)

Manifestation Crystals help one deal and come to grips with an emotional childhood. They assist in working through family issues, helpful in unblocking the cause of pain and helps in dealing with this pain. They also aid in stimulating psychic and spiritual awakening and serve as a reminder of the teacher within.

Isis Crystal:A crystal with a 5 sided face.

For men it is useful in getting in touch with you feminine side. For women it help you regain feminine strength. It also helps one get in touch with the power of the Goddess. These help in understanding what we need in the human condition. Assist in helping us in the now but keeps our imagination alive. They also help restore balance which has been lost due to the misuse of masculine energy. Along with this thier engeries represent wisdom, fidelity in love, and right-mindedness while filling one with an earthed energy which can help deal with grief and loss.

Chakra: Third Eye

Double Terminated & Laser Wand: I've included 2 descriptions for 2 differing crystal formations but only one picture seeing that the picture is a good example of both a DT as well as a laser wand.

First the DT: A crystal which shows a terminated point at each end. Instead of growing from a matrix these crystals grow from a central seed which produces 2 points in the opposite direction.

This crystal can both receive and transmit energy. They can be used for alignment, astral projection, protection and perserverance. This is a very important crystal for anyone doing healing work as they aid greatly in the transferance of energies. Carried they provide physical protection and intensify the aura. These crystals are also capable of creating thier own natural energy which has an amazingly positive effect on health. They also are extremely powerful tools when used for astral projection, dream work, and meditation.

Double terminated clusters (several doubly terminated Crystals which have grown together) combine all the properties of clusters and DT crystals. They are both beautiful and powerful and are great teachers for the healing arts.

Chakra: All

Laser Wand: A long crystal which tapers from end to tip.

They are used to clear negativity, focus healing energy, assists in correcting behavior and helps create protective barriers. Great for projecting energies and therefore great for use as wands or used within wands.

- - - Updated - - -

Record Keeper Crystal: A crystal with 1 or more triangular shapes on one or more sides. They can be either indented or raised. (these shapes are not easily seen so make sure to inspect crystals closely)

It is believed that these crystals hold the wisdom and knowledge of the universe. These crystals hold all secrets but it takes an open mind to access them. It is believed they have been purposely programmed by the universe with the accumulated knowledge of all life on this plane. It is believed that these crystals have been purposefully programmed by the beings who created the energies which activated all life on this plane. They are great meditative tools when seeking or expanding knowledge.

Chakra: Third Eye, Throat

Twin Crystal: These crystals have two points on one base.

They help in creating positive energy for improving relationships. A twin with a rainbow is great for keeping a relationship strong and for helping heal a relationship. They promote a loving exchange and togetherness. They can help find our soul mate. They encourage the recognition of opposites to overcome differances in relationships. The can symbolize the union with the one.

Chakra: Heart, Solar Plexus

Channeling Crystal: A crystal with a 7 sided face and a triangular face on the back side.

The number 7 symbolises the student, and the seeker of spiritual wisdom. Each of the 7 sides symbolises the 7 qualities we must attain to access the wisdom of the inner soul. 3 indicates understanding of what was before inconceivable. This crystal is great for looking within oneself to gain all insight as well as looking outside oneself. Very helpful in helping one develop psychic abilities. They aid in communication with spirit guides.

Amethyst Geode: Although many find differing uses for these I use mine for one purpose only. To cleanse and recharge stones and crystals. During the winter months I have found no better way to do this. Others use these for meditative work as well as regression work. This is done by visualizing the geode as a cave and using it as an entrance to other realms of existance. A great journeying tool.

Window Crystal: A crytal with a diamond shaped face between the body and the tip. (the picture shows a twin with 2 windows)

These are used for clarity and direction. They allow you to open a window to your soul and answer questions while allowing you to bypass ego and intellect. They are used in scrying and other forms of divination. The diamond is comprised of 2 triangles, one pointing up and the other down. One pointing to spirit the other to matter. For this reason they are great for meditation.

- - - Updated - - -

Grounding Crystal: A crystal with an 8 sided face.

These help you deal with practical matters in a realistic way. Helps in communicating clearly, grounding ones energies while maintaining a pragmatic approach to life. They stop one from becoming too "spaced out" when healing and therefore make for a useful healing aid. These crystals are quite rare.

Chakra: Root

Tibetan Singing Crystals: These crystals are unique in the sound they make when lightly hit together. It differs from all other quartz and has a light airy sound.

These make truely amazing wind chimes and are great for meditation, dream work, or any form of journeying. They assist reaching higher planes and make for great spirit guides.

Chakra: Crown

Candle Quartz: A crystal which has elestial crystals encircling the shaft. It is also known as pineapple quartz.

It is a lightbringer and helps one discover truth and our inner path. It helps relieve depression and increases sensitivity and tranquility. Many use it for meditation, dream work and journeying. A great crystal for bringing forth a peaceful energy in areas which have seen stressful energies recently.

Time Line to the Past Crystal: These contain a rectangular face leaning to the left.

They help one in gaining access to information from the past. A useful tool for meditation, dream work, and journeying.

If the time line is located on the left side of the main face it is also referred to as a "Left Activation Quartz Crystal". These are used to activate and work with the left side of the brain and also to help enhance the activation of the Chakras from the front side of the body. Finally they are used to remove energy blockages from the right side of the body and also help to cure right side brain disorders.

Chakra: Third Eye, Solar Plexus

Time Line to the Future Crystal: Contain a rectangular face leaning to the right.

Helps one in gaining access to information from the future. A useful tool for meditation, dream work, and journeying.

If the time line is located on the right side of the main face it is also referred to as a "Right Activation Quartz Crystal". These are used to activate and work with the right side of the brain and also to help enhance the activation of the Chakras from the back side of the body. Used in cooordination with a Left Activation Crystal they help in bringing together and melding the two sides of the brain.Finally they are used to remove energy blockages from the left side of the body and also help to cure left side brain disorders.

Chakra: Third Eye, Solar Plexus

- - - Updated - - -

Quartz Clusters: These are comprised of multiple combined crystals froming one mass.

Quatrz Clusters are amazing to have in any room. They cleanse and energize the environment creating peace and harmony. They can also be used to cleanse and energize other crystals. They help encourage a sense of community creating harmony. They at times contain many configurations which all work together in a harmonious way. They make outstanding shields protection one from all negative energies. These are extremely useful tools in a work environment to help create a positive and creative energy while enouraging teamwork and openmindedness. I have always kept one in my office.

Enhydro Crystal: "Enhydro" is Greek for "water within". These are crystals which have a liquid bubble captured inside of it. (the one pictured is a Brandberg crystal and is a combination of smokey and amethyst quartz)

These crystals are great for cleansing and purification. They also assist in meditation as well as dream work. Water has always indicated the emotions as releated to the 4 elements. These crystals have a huge effect on ones emotional life. They assist in protecting and helping purify your emotions. They can help in understanding the "other side" of a situation. They help in uniting imagination with practicality thus bringing around sensibility. They also assist in times of transition. Very helpful in most aspects of healing by assisting the body in reaching and attaining healthy energy levels. The combination of water and quartz in this way is an extremely valuable and powerful tool for those with an understanding of the properties of both. The ability of water to instantly hold subtle impressions and the ability of quartz to structure, store, amplify, focus, transmit and transform those impressions, has extensive possibilities.

Chakras: All

Spirit Quartz: These are crystals which are covered to some extent with smaller crystal points.

They give energy and peace to all realms and create a positive environment. They are used extensively in shamanic journeying and dream work. As with all quartz they are very effective when used in healing. It assists in creative work and bringing together "scrambled" thoughts.

Chakras: Crown, Third Eye, Throat

Smokey Quartz: The presence of sodium in quartz creates smokey quartz.

This quartz is great for not only grounding and stablizing yourself but also the environment. It removes negativity and makes a great protective stone. It is associated with the base chakra and useful in removing blockages to physical areas. It helps to regulate liquids within the body. If a smokey crystal contains a distinct line seperating the smokey from the clear quartz this crystal will combine the energies of the two making it a very powerful crystal indeed. It can be used to desolve negative mental energies caused by depression, anger or resentment while bringing balance to the body. This is "the" quartz to use to bring a grounding, protective, and calming energy into any surrounding.

Chakra: Root, Sacral, Solar Plexus

Herkimer Diamonds: These are short doubley terminated quartz crystals which get thier name from the location they are found, Herkimer, New York, USA. (the one pictured is still in matrix)

They create harmony, awareness and spontaneity. Used also to alleviate tension. They help clear the mind and body of fear and other negative emotions. Along with this they help attune you to your environment and disperse toxins from your body.

- - - Updated - - -

Rainbow Crystal: Contains rainbows which are caused by light reflected by a crack or inclusion. The refraction is often sensitive to temperature causing the rainbow to appear and disappear.

These crystals exhibit the closest example of pure light which can be witnessed on the physical plane. Great for meditation, manifesting wishes and overcoming negativity. The energies from these colors can be used in healing all of the chakras and crystals with rainbows lend themselves wellto all chakra work.. They assist one in seeing the positive in suffering as they themselves, through suffering, create beauty.

Bridge Crystal: A crystal that has a smaller crystal partially penetrating it or protruding from it or 2 crystals bridged by another. (the picture below is of a massive smokey bridge. The large crystal measures 38cm long and 10cm in diameter. It holds a central place in my living room filling it with a calming protective atmosphere)

These crystals are great teachers for ones spiritual path. They help one bridge the inner and outer worlds and are great for journeying and dream work. Also helps one with communication skills. It creates a connection with you and all other life on earth and between yourself and all other worlds. They help promote growth and spirituality and assist in understanding lessons taught by teachers. They facilitate in passing over that which was unpassable and assist in reaching that thought to be unreachable.

Chakra: Third Eye, Throat

Beta Quartz: This quartz brings out ones analitical side. Great for evaluating business oportunities as well as helping one balance ones finances. Used for meditations and dream work involving the future. A logical quartz wonderful to have around for debates.

Feb 2015
    Religion
    Northern Traditional Shamanism
    Phrase
    Purge Negativity with Control

Re: Magic Crystals.

Mm.... Something about man-made crystals, or man-changed crystals turns me off. I feel if they were meant to have that color, the earth would have made them so. Other than that, I won't talk too much down upon you. If they work for you, then I'm happy to hear.
    Just my two cents.
    "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
    And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
    They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
    The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
    - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/