Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something for Duce to chew on...Calif. schools with hispanic kids don't need A/C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something for Duce to chew on...Calif. schools with hispanic kids don't need A/C.

http://blog.sfgate.com/education/201...ning-comments/
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Something for Duce to chew on...Calif. schools with hispanic kids don't need A/C.

Wow. Just ... wow.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Re: Something for Duce to chew on...Calif. schools with hispanic kids don't need A/C.

This Gringa.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

how hot is it in Northern California, though? I mean, most places in the US that use air conditioning don't need air conditioning, and its overuse is terrible for the environment. In Spain and Italy it'll be like 40 C and people don't use air conditioning....

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
          how hot is it in Northern California, though? I mean, most places in the US that use air conditioning don't need air conditioning, and its overuse is terrible for the environment. In Spain and Italy it'll be like 40 C and people don't use air conditioning....
          Well. How come the white school needs it but the hispanic school doesn't. It shouldn't be based on race. If it's not that cold, then none of the schools should need it, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            Well. How come the white school needs it but the hispanic school doesn't. It shouldn't be based on race. If it's not that cold, then none of the schools should need it, right?
            Can't argue with you there...I just wonder why any of them need it.

Comment

Can't argue with you there...I just wonder why any of them need it.
              Well it looks like average is above 75ish at times. Though it also depend on how old are those school buildings. I mean I don't know about you? But my schools were pretty much cells with 'windows' that I don't think opened. We would leave the doors open at times. But it can get stuffy. We always had that one lone fan spinning for its life.

Comment

It's becoming Hunger Games world. How ridiculous not to have a/c, while other schools have NFL type football crap and Olympic size pools. Nothing against sports, but come on.

The windows in my elem. school in Brooklyn opened, but only a little. They tipped outward at the top, as I recall. Like the transom on my college dorm room door. (Also no a/c there.)
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  Well it looks like average is above 75ish at times. Though it also depend on how old are those school buildings. I mean I don't know about you? But my schools were pretty much cells with 'windows' that I don't think opened. We would leave the doors open at times. But it can get stuffy. We always had that one lone fan spinning for its life.

It can be 38 here in Berlin (100 F) and the buildings are all old and stuffy, and all made of brick or concrete. We have no A/C. Just sayin'.

We don't even usually have it in offices. If your office has A/C, you probably work at Mercedes, Boeing, or Bayer.

Comment

It can be 38 here in Berlin (100 F) and the buildings are all old and stuffy, and all made of brick or concrete. We have no A/C. Just sayin'.

We don't even usually have it in offices. If your office has A/C, you probably work at Mercedes, Boeing, or Bayer.
                    You remind me of the babe
                    What babe?
                    The babe with the power
                    What power?
                    The Power of voodoo
                    Who do?
                    You do!
                    Do what?
                    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I think it's really an American thing at this point. The fact that other countries don't even use ice boggles my mind.

Comment

We do use it in some things, like with scotch whiskey and stuff :P

Comment

What an idiot.
                          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

It can be 38 here in Berlin (100 F) and the buildings are all old and stuffy, and all made of brick or concrete. We have no A/C. Just sayin'.]

Its barely a week into April and we've already had 5 days above 80 F.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

It depends on what one is used to. Here, where we get way below zero for long stretches of time, it will shoot up to 90+ F, after days or weeks in the 50s. THAT is hotter than hell - here - but maybe not in California.

It takes a while to get used to 90, when you are already used to 50. I'll use my AC for a few days, thanks, and be judged wasteful for it by those inclined to judge.

P.S. It is currently 32F. Happy spring!
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X