My homeland's claim to fame - Marine Sanctuary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My homeland's claim to fame - Marine Sanctuary

Here in Alpena in frozen Northern Michigan, we don't have much going for us - crappy soil, no industry to speak of, and rampant unemployment & alcoholism/drug abuse. But we do have the only fresh water marine sanctuary, due to the shipwrecks.

The pictures in this article are actually from Lake Michigan, and the sanctuary is in Thunder Bay on Lake Huron (the other side of the state), but you get the idea...

Stunning Photos Reveal Centuries-Old Shipwrecks In Lake Michigan
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: My homeland's claim to fame - Marine Sanctuary

Seen that though I think you'll are about to get real famous for your gov. trying to sell public lands to a Canadian strip mining firm. http://forcechange.com/141439/stop-c...d-forest-land/
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
      Seen that though I think you'll are about to get real famous for your gov. trying to sell public lands to a Canadian strip mining firm. http://forcechange.com/141439/stop-c...d-forest-land/
      Rick (the dick) Snyder needs to be shot, for a whole variety of reasons. I have to stop on that topic, now, or I'll start bleeding from the rectum...

there's copper and iron up there in the UP, which must be what they're after. thanks for sending me to the petition, which I've signed.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Glad to share it. Placed it on my fb page as well though don't know enough about politics up there to say whether it will help.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
        X