The COVID Vaccine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The COVID Vaccine

So....is anyone taking the COVID vaccine?

Re: The COVID Vaccine

Seeing as I am young and not in any risk groups, it'll probably be another year or so before that's an option. There simply.aren't enough produced yet, so it's distributed based on need. If you're asking if I would? Yes.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I will instantly - when it is available to me.

What kindda idiot wouldn't?
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
        Seeing as I am young and not in any risk groups, it'll probably be another year or so before that's an option. There simply.aren't enough produced yet, so it's distributed based on need. If you're asking if I would? Yes.
        Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

I want to take it but not at the moment. It's too soon.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

I'm nervous. I don't think there's been enough time to detect potential long term side effects. I don't think the studies were in depth enough. But I also know that covid sucks, my familly is tired of the isolation, and I want life to get back to normal ish. We've been saying we want to give it six months, just in case. But we're tired.
          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
            I'm nervous. I don't think there's been enough time to detect potential long term side effects. I don't think the studies were in depth enough. But I also know that covid sucks, my familly is tired of the isolation, and I want life to get back to normal ish. We've been saying we want to give it six months, just in case. But we're tired.
            what I've seen of the studies actually makes me calmer about it. The recorded side effects are pretty standard and pass in 1-4 days. You're right we haven't had the time to study long term side effects *if* there are any. But the biggest issue is really wen don't know how long the protective effect will last. First generation vaccines are rarely long terms, that takes a few tries.
            You remind me of the babe
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
              So....is anyone taking the COVID vaccine?
              Truthfully no.

Something to consider. When I was active duty we were given shots for everything and anything that came along. We had no choice in the matter. The only exception being if we were allergic to it. Does it mean that things might not change from what the article is stating, not at all. But Uncle Sugar sure didn't hesitate to line us up and stick us with needles or use new drugs on us back in the day so I don't really see him changing now.

.. But as the two departments sort out the details on who should receive the vaccine and where, DoD officials stressed it will not be mandatory for U.S. service members, at least for a while.

According to officials, the vaccine will remain voluntary as long as it is authorized under emergency conditions and doesn't have official approval from the FDA.
              Last edited by monsno_leedra; 19 Dec 2020, 15:00.
              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I'm on the fence. I've had pretty bad reactions from flu shots, and I broke out in spots from the MMR shot, so I'll see how things go. Unfortunately my odds of squeaking by on "herd immunity" here are low since most of the local herd thinks the vaccine has a microchip in it. I'm a serious loner so that's in my favor for the time being.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

There is a little bit of nervousness there but given the option to protect my family I'll take that rist! I need people to be able to go out and eat!!! I need it, and I need them to be able to do so safely. My entire industry is hurting. My people are hurting, my family specifically is hurting!
                  Last edited by kalynraye; 20 Dec 2020, 19:56.
                  "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I may have to, since I work in a hospital. If I do, then so be it. I work on the covid wing of the ICU anyways, so I already risk getting it every time I come into work.

Comment

I will get it when it becomes available to my demographic. I'd even be ok with a microchip if it means I don't have to carry a wallet with me everywhere I go. Pockets in jeans for women is a joke and I can't stand carrying a bag.
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

My town had a vaccine clinic today at the Civic Center. The National Guard directed traffic, etc. It was for the 1st tier of people on a pre-registered list - over 65, very high risk, etc. (Not me.) Supposedly it was well organized, etc.,, but it happened with little notice, and they thought they were getting the Moderna but got the Pfizer. I hope they get to the next tiers of people soon.
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Mi madre es....gonnna get a shot finally. Weight off. We can send the heathens back to see their granny in the next couple of weeks. She sold the house I grew up in and moved 900 miles to be closer to the little bastards...so it's a big deal.

Comment

Hey everyone. I took the COVID Vaccine today.

Part 2 is coming the next 4 weeks.

Comment

I was fully vaccinated a few weeks ago. My first shot was January 6.
                              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Working...
                              X