Ostara 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ostara 2013

There is still another two weeks until it, but I figured it would be appropriate to make this thread now to aid others in gaining inspiration.

What are you doing for Ostara, and how are you going to celebrate the Spring Equinox?

When it is finished, mind sharing some Ostara Altar pictures?

I will get my own up within a few days. I will be celebrating with a good friend of mine who recently dedicated herself to Wicca. This will be her first Sabbat. We're going to dye and paint some eggs, make candles, bake goodies, and plant some flowers

Re: Ostara 2013

My altar is already decorated (if I wish for Spring hard enough, will it come?)

I'm transplanting my aloe plant later today, and I'll probably do a little ritual or something, but most of my Spring Equinox celebrating actually gets worked into Easter. I just can't NOT dye eggs on Easter, it seems wrong.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
      My altar is already decorated (if I wish for Spring hard enough, will it come?)

I'm transplanting my aloe plant later today, and I'll probably do a little ritual or something, but most of my Spring Equinox celebrating actually gets worked into Easter. I just can't NOT dye eggs on Easter, it seems wrong.
      I don't dye them anymore, I squirt out the insides and paint them and give them away as gifts, but I feel you for this...
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

my altar! Normally I'd post it in the altar thread, but since it's all Springed out, I'll post it here.

This is the bottom half of my altar (in truth, my dresser top) the rest of my altar lives on the purple shelf that I've cut out of the pic. All the little yellow things are tiny fluffy chicks, there are enough candles to warrant a fire hazard, and the whole month of March I keep fresh potted flowers. I had crocuses initially, but when they finished flowering, I replaced it with daffodils, which is what's there right now.

And my offering bowl has chocolate easter eggs in it!

Mostly art.

Comment

Your altar is beautiful, Vol I'm still working on getting mine to feel "right".

Comment

It is all springed-out!
            I love all the little yellow chicks!
            how do ya make the candles stand w/o holders?

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

my altar! Normally I'd post it in the altar thread, but since it's all Springed out, I'll post it here.

This is the bottom half of my altar (in truth, my dresser top) the rest of my altar lives on the purple shelf that I've cut out of the pic. All the little yellow things are tiny fluffy chicks, there are enough candles to warrant a fire hazard, and the whole month of March I keep fresh potted flowers. I had crocuses initially, but when they finished flowering, I replaced it with daffodils, which is what's there right now.

And my offering bowl has chocolate easter eggs in it!

Yikes! I would put those tapers in holders, otherwise you'll have your altar ready for Beltane's bonfire. Even a small shake of the surface while those candles are lit can send them tumbling!

Comment

Originally posted by WinterTraditions View Post
                Yikes! I would put those tapers in holders, otherwise you'll have your altar ready for Beltane's bonfire. Even a small shake of the surface while those candles are lit can send them tumbling!
                I guess I assumed they were held in place with something, I don't think if they were straight out of the box tapers they would stand at all, right?

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                  I guess I assumed they were held in place with something, I don't think if they were straight out of the box tapers they would stand at all, right?
                  I don't know about you, but I'm sure mine would stand if I tried. ^^;

Comment

Part of our Spring Equinox celebration is decorating the house with appropriate symbolism, so we don't have any of ours out yet! But there will be a lot to do this Equinox, so I will surely have a ton of photos to share! We're having a ritual and party with some friends and friends-of-friends this year. Holi is a week after the Equinox, so I'm looking forward to that, too!

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                      I love the concern over my candles, lol. They are stuck to the dresser top with wax. They're fine, I'm rather rough getting clothes out of the dresser (to the point that periodically, I have to rearrange certain statues) and they haven't fallen over. I do make sure not to leave those ones burning unless I'm in the room though.

Mostly art.

Comment

I love the concern over my candles, lol. They are stuck to the dresser top with wax. They're fine, I'm rather rough getting clothes out of the dresser (to the point that periodically, I have to rearrange certain statues) and they haven't fallen over. I do make sure not to leave those ones burning unless I'm in the room though.
                        Phew! That's good, at least. Don't have the proper holders for them, I assume? I have a ridiculous amount of holders on my end.

Comment

Originally posted by WinterTraditions View Post
                          Phew! That's good, at least. Don't have the proper holders for them, I assume? I have a ridiculous amount of holders on my end.
                          Don't want holders. I don't always have that many candles up there, and I move a lot, so I can't really be bothered to own too much.

Mostly art.

Comment

I haven't set up my altar yet, but I do know that I'll be transplanting the holly seen on my Solstice altar outside. I'll probably cook something, too. Maybe spice cookies.
                            Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                            -Erik Erikson

Comment

Ostara happens to be Chicadee's bday, and we are having a sleepover and a mermaid party the weekend before...at home we will have a small ritual and plant some things.
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X