something SWEET!
    0%
    something SOUR!
    0%
    something SALTY!
    0%
    something ELSE!
    0%
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: Food Poll # 12: Junk Food Edition

It has been so long since I have had junk food I wouldn't know if I ever had a favorite. Maybe a coke but I don't drink it any more.
    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I put salty, but I like salty and spicy together.

My local Refresqueria (snow cone stand) has the most incredible junk food to me. About once a month I just give in and buy a whole meal from there, even more often during the summer, when I am burning more calories.

First of all, they actually serve Cheetos con queso. I mean, can you even imagine? I've never tried it yet, but I bet its delicious.

But what I like is what they call Conchitas Mixtas or Conchitas Preparradas. They take a one-serving bag of Mexican Conchitas chips, which I would somewhat analogize to American Bugles but crunchier, and split it open the same way as a person making Frito Pie. Then they add queso Amarillo, queso fresca, chili, jalapenos, Valentina sauce, cream and salsa verde on top. It looks disgusting but it is so tasty! I like with a lime snow-cone. Or if I am really getting fancy, a fresada or mangonada (strawberry or mango smoothie with chili powder).

If I just have to buy something at a store, then I like Sabritas Favoritas Fiesta Mix which is a Frito Lay Mexican product.

I guess I just like Mexican food.

Comment

Toblarone. Or dark chocolate with caramel. Other than that, there are these crackers called chicken-in-a-biscuit that I occasionally indulge in.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

I don't eat junkfood much (I refuse to qualify icecream as junk. It's part of my weigt gaining diet ). But I like salty stuff, chips and popcorn! Oh. And pizza.
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I have zero sweet tooth - it's all about salty/savory/spicy for me. I like Bugles (a corn chip).
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I like chocolate, but chips are my weakness.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

At the end of the day, it's chocolate. And not something chocolate...just straight up chocolate. Living in the Land of Chocolate does that to you. It's so good here, and so, so cheap (like, even the expensive chocolate is cheap!)

That being said, I enjoy other junk foods like chips and cake.

Comment

I used to have a serious sweet tooth as a child. It's why I have so many fillings (one of them gold!)

But now I'm into the savoury junk. Hot dog in a bun on a bed of onions, drizzled with mustard and ketchup... mmm... I'd choose that over a box of chocolates 9 times out of 10.
                  I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                  Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                  But that day you know I left my money
                  And I thought of you only
                  All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                    At the end of the day, it's chocolate. And not something chocolate...just straight up chocolate. Living in the Land of Chocolate does that to you. It's so good here, and so, so cheap (like, even the expensive chocolate is cheap!)

That being said, I enjoy other junk foods like chips and cake.
                    Your post made me think of this:

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

^^^^
                      Haha that's exactly why I call Germany "The Land of Chocolate"!

Comment

I like both salty and sweet. However, I find that I prefer more salty anymore. I like things like pretzels or Frito's corn chips every once in a while. I don't often indulge in junk food unless i'm on a road trip.
                        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

If I even think about chocolate, my inner fat kid jumps out and tries to take control of my decision making. Then my outer pageant girl has to beat up my inner fat kid for control. Heh, it's a struggle that the outer pageant girl almost always loses.
                          A Happy Little Wiccan:^^:

Because who needs a life when you have a chatroom.

Comment

Something ice cream. I said sweet, but ice cream specifically.
                            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                              Something ice cream. I said sweet, but ice cream specifically.
                              I don't really like cold food, but ice cream is the exception. Ice cream is the best dessert in the world.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                              X