Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ave Satanas (the Ask a Satanist thread)

Well. You know you are what people perceive of you. Perception is reality. Which is why Satanic witches work with this. When I was in my 20s, I was a shy girl. I was a negotiator between my mother and brother. And others. I didn't like there to be discord. I would do whatever it took to not rock the boat. I was a floor mat. Yup. Me.

Ready for some fun facts?! Marilyn Manson changed my life. Through him I found a great role model. He completely changed his outward appearance and mannerisms to match the inside mind. He began to make people treat him like he wanted to be treated. And thus become Marilyn Manson. I found I could do the same thing. I began with my first tattoo. And I found my outward appearance began to match the inside me.

Everyone I've ever met has said I was frightening to them. Different upon our first meeting. And then they got to know me and found I was fun and nice..and naughty. I purposely put that version of me out there. I cultivate everything people know of me. It protects me. And it's deliberate. What others see of me keeps them either at arms length due to fear. Or brings them closer to me due to understanding.

Here's the short answer. People are perceiving you a certain way. And you wonder why are they seeing me like this? You are unaware of your true natural self. They are seeing a truth in you you cannot see. Your true self is like breathing. It happens even when you aren't focused on it. They are in essence only picking up what you are putting down. (I sound so bad ass 70s when I say that!) But you know what I mean?

They are your mirror. You change what you want to see. And they will reflect that. They aren't forming who you are. They are merely showing you.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      Well. You know you are what people perceive of you. Perception is reality. Which is why Satanic witches work with this. When I was in my 20s, I was a shy girl. I was a negotiator between my mother and brother. And others. I didn't like there to be discord. I would do whatever it took to not rock the boat. I was a floor mat. Yup. Me.

Ready for some fun facts?! Marilyn Manson changed my life. Through him I found a great role model. He completely changed his outward appearance and mannerisms to match the inside mind. He began to make people treat him like he wanted to be treated. And thus become Marilyn Manson. I found I could do the same thing. I began with my first tattoo. And I found my outward appearance began to match the inside me.

Everyone I've ever met has said I was frightening to them. Different upon our first meeting. And then they got to know me and found I was fun and nice..and naughty. I purposely put that version of me out there. I cultivate everything people know of me. It protects me. And it's deliberate. What others see of me keeps them either at arms length due to fear. Or brings them closer to me due to understanding.

Here's the short answer. People are perceiving you a certain way. And you wonder why are they seeing me like this? You are unaware of your true natural self. They are seeing a truth in you you cannot see. Your true self is like breathing. It happens even when you aren't focused on it. They are in essence only picking up what you are putting down. (I sound so bad ass 70s when I say that!) But you know what I mean?

They are your mirror. You change what you want to see. And they will reflect that. They aren't forming who you are. They are merely showing you.
      Excellent words of wisdom there, I appreciate your input (honestly, you're the only person I have to ask so get used to Poindexter here, sorry babe :3 ). You're damned right, too. I AM missing something when it comes to seeing myself objectively, and have been for a long time. No more. A #3 Daria is coming right up. I've already got the bangs, glasses, and sarcasm, and apparently I can pretend to be smart (I'm a fucking neanderthal but it's all about perception).

Taking the texts somewhat less seriously, and knowing as I do that I am god (just as much as everyone else is), I have deduced that, as a Gemini, there are two selves that differ in intensity from the already-presupposed demonic and majority selves. After all, I feel them both with equal intensity and they switch at any given moment. Therefore, I shall work harder to display one or the other upon my wishes.

You've helped me. Thanks!
      No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

[quote author=Shahaku link=topic=108.msg3657#msg3657 date=1287283335]
        So, as I've been asking others on religions I'm not as familiar with:

Do you have any basic tenets, like rules to follow?

What are the most important stories/people in the religion?
        There are no 'rules' other than my own. But there are general statements that most Satanists agree with. The basic 101 would be the 9 Satanic Statements and the 11 Rules of the Earth.

And...

As for important people and or stories? There are no 'stories of myth' to be told. As for people? Anton LaVey is an important person to us. But then after that? It really depends on who influences you in particular. Poets,philosophers, actors, politicians, environmentalists. Whatever motivates you in your life.[/QUOTE]

Very interesting. I must say that #9 in the second set confuses me a bit...
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Everyone I've ever met has said I was frightening to them.
          Scary? You? But you're a fluffy baby kit--*snort*. Almost made it through that without laughing.
          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Was kinda wondering what you think of Anton..I knew him personally when I lived in SF..it is kind of a thing about people who live there that there are certain eating places only known to locals. You tend to run into other locals a LOT mostly Saturday or Sunday in the morning for breakfast...he was an ok person,we seldom talked his Church or path,cause you know that's like talking business while you are on vacation.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I think Anton was a man. A very smart and witty man. A man who wanted to enjoy life and live to his full potential. He also loved a nice round fat ass on a woman.

Comment

You evil lustful and quite accurate human...Who would believe humans were such randy creatures...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I think Anton was a man. A very smart and witty man. A man who wanted to enjoy life and live to his full potential. He also loved a nice round fat ass on a woman.
                  Fat bottom girls do make the rockin' world go 'round.
                  Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Can not right remember the song that is from...Ok,from Queen..Google is the helpful memory aid for us old farts..

- - - Updated - - -

From some of the way uptight people I have run into over time,I am at times amazed the human race has survived..I do not understand why some people are so freaked out about pleasure,like it was a bath in brimstone.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Anton is a widely spread Russian name... I was surprised to know he was American.
                      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

his mom was Russian/Ukranian. Don't tell anyone, but his birth name is Howard.

Comment

Ooohhhh niiice!!

Comment

But she still has to look good in pj's ... :devil:
                            I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Originally posted by magusphredde View Post
                              But she still has to look good in pj's ... :devil:
                              OMG Magus! I've missed you sooo much!

*hugs and squeezes

Comment

Magus as in magusjinx?
                                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                                Sneak Attack
                                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                                X