Star Wars Vs. Star Trek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars Vs. Star Trek

A couple of weeks ago in the chatroom I mention to the other member why Star Wars and Star Trek are superior to each other but the reason why Star Wars is more superior than Star Trek. It's a very long explanation so I'm giving you my reasons: The storyline. The Star Wars storyline is way different and more better than Star Trek because of the space battles and plot. It excites the Star Wars fans because of the action and adventure and the shocking surprises which leads them to a cliffhanger. While Star Trek lack a quality of a good storyline at all which means Star Wars wins the storyline. The Universe: Star Wars got over hundreds of planets where Star Trek got a few planets. Aliens: Star Wars got so many inter-galatic species is too many to count where Star Trek only got Klingon and Borg species. Originality: Star Wars got so much originality and creativity where Star Trek lack of. So overall Star Wars is more superior than Star Trek.

Re: Star Wars Vs. Star Trek

Star Trek is superior. Why?
    It has actual real science!
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Please explain more why you think Star Trek is more superior before I say anything Medusa.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        Star Trek is superior. Why?
        It has actual real science!
        science...

I guess it's more scientific to pull off time travel via slingshotting an insanely fast ship off the sun than it is to have

an insanely fast Kryptonian fly circles around the planet but only barely
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Someday they will integrate the two. Maybe Finn is Guinan's son or something. I re-watched ST "Generations" today, the one where Kirk & Picard meet and are in the nexus, and Kirk dies at the end on a suspension bridge/catwalk kind of thing.
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
            Please explain more why you think Star Trek is more superior before I say anything Medusa.
            Star Trek used ideas of science that are actually being used now. I realize that we all want real light sabers and stuff.
            Universal translators, tablet computer, and these other gadgets arrived even sooner than Star Trek's writers imagined.

That's a whole list of stuff that's actually usable to us now. Star Wars was and is a family soap opera (those are Lucas' words to be exact). While Star Trek is more of a show that was able to show us ourselves and our issues but using 'space stuff' to make it easier for us to digest.

I mean we don't like to talk about race. But then you do a seemingly simple episode of space people who are half black and white and the other is half white and black and you get to see how ridiculous we are. We can discuss our issues safely while it's not in our 'reality' but in like space and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
              Someday they will integrate the two.
              Erhmmm.....

Merging the two franchises would be bad for both of them. They have different themes, largely different cosmologies and very different scales.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

So, I grew up watching both. But, here is why Start Trek has touched me far more in my life than Star Wars ever did. Star Wars is a fun space romp that doesn't rely much on explanation and engages feeling as opposed to intellect. It does this very well. Star Trek was a show, that in the 1960's pushed boundaries more than any other show before it. The first interracial kiss on television? That was Star Trek. It was a show that's message was equality, fairness, and the betterment of the human race. Martin L. King Jr., himself, was a fan. It touches moral questions and storylines like no other show has. It has a rich, detailed canon that spans hundreds of years. Star Trek is also far more relatable to me as it exists only a few hundred years in the future and is an exploration into the potential of humanity.

Much of my current viewpoints and beliefs are shaped by Star Trek. It got me interested in science and learning as a small child. No other television show has come close to doing this. It is a shame what Hollywood has done to Gene Roddenberry's vision. Star Wars has never made me cry. Star Trek has.

- - - Updated - - -

A couple of weeks ago in the chatroom I mention to the other member why Star Wars and Star Trek are superior to each other but the reason why Star Wars is more superior than Star Trek. It's a very long explanation so I'm giving you my reasons: The storyline. The Star Wars storyline is way different and more better than Star Trek because of the space battles and plot. It excites the Star Wars fans because of the action and adventure and the shocking surprises which leads them to a cliffhanger. While Star Trek lack a quality of a good storyline at all which means Star Wars wins the storyline. The Universe: Star Wars got over hundreds of planets where Star Trek got a few planets. Aliens: Star Wars got so many inter-galatic species is too many to count where Star Trek only got Klingon and Borg species. Originality: Star Wars got so much originality and creativity where Star Trek lack of. So overall Star Wars is more superior than Star Trek.
                I will respond directly to this to correct some of the fallacies you have posted.

Star Trek lacking a quality storyline? You are only able to name two species in the entire Trek Universe which makes me wonder if you have ever watched it at all. Star Trek has shown probably hundred of more aliens on screen than Star War ever could in it's paltry seven movies. Space battles? Check out Deep Space Nine's Dominion War story arc. Only a few planets? Almost every episode takes place on a different planet. How many times do we have to see Tatooine and Coruscant in the Star War's movies?

Your arguments are poorly base and it seems you are making claims with absolutely no knowledge of Star Trek at all.

Comment

Ok now I'm going to say something about it Medusa. Star Trek lacks science. It doesn't have any potential to use the lack of science unlike Star Wars. There I said it.

Comment

Ok now I'm going to say something about it Medusa. Star Trek lacks science. It doesn't have any potential to use the lack of science unlike Star Wars. There I said it.
                    My point is proven. You have absolutely no clue what your talking about. I think you are just being ridiculous for the sake of being ridiculous as you have little to offer an actual discussion about this.

Comment

You are wrong. Did I not just tell you AND link you to actual scientific gadgets that Star Trek used and we use now?

Just because you say something after evidence is given to you doesn't mean you are correct. In fact facts are going to let me tell you in no uncertain terms...you are actually factually wrong.

There. I said it.

Comment

Why is it always an either/or thing with these two? It's such a stupid nerd stereotype. I love both for different reasons. Star Wars is a great fantasy story with a lot of adventure and colorful characters. Star Trek is fantastic science fiction that asks us to explore beyond the boundaries of what we know. Both feature great storytelling (in most cases, anyway...there are a lot of flaws in both the Star Wars prequels and some of the Star Trek stories).

In a lot of ways, I think they're very, very different. Even though Star Wars takes place in space, it feels more like a fantasy story to me than a Sci Fi story. Star Trek is definitely classic sci fi. Therefore, this question always feels as stupid as "Star Wars vs. Doctor Who" or "Star Trek vs. Game of Thrones." The nerds over at io9 agree with me: http://io9.gizmodo.com/5799837/10-wo...really-fantasy

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                          Erhmmm.....

Merging the two franchises would be bad for both of them. They have different themes, largely different cosmologies and very different scales.
                          I don't think they'll fully merge, but they can be shown to coexist at some point in time. Anything can be connected to anything if you find the right pathway. Being Hollywood, it depends on how much money is made by people debating which one's better LOL
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I never could get into Star Trek. When I first saw Star Wars I was immediately drawn into it. The stories just had me from the first moment. And it does relate a bit to us. We have a bit of light and dark within us. We also never know what may come in the future. It wasn't that long ago when jets were considered something that could never be done. Or going to the moon. Maybe one day we won't need a spaceship like the ones we have today and can fly a single ship in space. You never know. It is inspirational in my opinion and I have always loved it.
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I'm not a Star Wars fan, and never have been really.
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X