This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: what do you look like right now?

So the consensus so far is keep them long... thanks everyone Long is generally less work and a bit more versatile, but I'll have to start pinning it back for work.

And yeah, Noodle likes to sit on my head and chew my hair. I'd actually rather he sit on my head than my shoulder 'cos he tries to chew my earrings, which hurts. He also loves eyebrows, which can be awkward when he's sitting on your head and tries to reach down to your eyebrows.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
      So the consensus so far is keep them long... thanks everyone Long is generally less work and a bit more versatile, but I'll have to start pinning it back for work.

And yeah, Noodle likes to sit on my head and chew my hair. I'd actually rather he sit on my head than my shoulder 'cos he tries to chew my earrings, which hurts. He also loves eyebrows, which can be awkward when he's sitting on your head and tries to reach down to your eyebrows.
      My father's parrot r.i.p, used to sit on our shoulders and try to chew our chins. Which was kinda awkward. Those talons though..
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

me, a bit blurry.
        (Not pulling a face, my eyes just don't quite match :P)
        baah.

Comment

OK, what the hell... my pic and life story is all over the 'net anyway...

IMG_0871.JPG

I started growing it in April and have trimmed it a few times since, but I really would like to keep it going, to the point that I can put beard rings. My head is shaved.
          śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
          śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

Let it grow and soon you too can look like me ...
            I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Wow, now that's a beard.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorbjorn View Post
                OK, what the hell... my pic and life story is all over the 'net anyway...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4365[/ATTACH]

I started growing it in April and have trimmed it a few times since, but I really would like to keep it going, to the point that I can put beard rings. My head is shaved.
                Nice Mjolnir necklace.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

I love this time of year! One from tonight...

Comment

I've always thought that building a want that lit up would be a great novelty but at the same time a bit sacrilegious for ritual use. (nice photoshopping there)
                      The dagger and wand look hand made, did you make them?
                      The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                      I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Me @ work...not enough coffee yet

Picture 3.jpg

Comment

I've always thought that building a want that lit up would be a great novelty but at the same time a bit sacrilegious for ritual use. (nice photoshopping there)
                          The dagger and wand look hand made, did you make them?

Thank you! Yes the processing is way over what I'd normally do, but I wanted a magickal, ethreal feel.
                          I made the athame myself, from willow, (will try and post some close ups of it soon). My wand is also willow, but was a gift.

Comment

My first wand was also willow. I had to go through a very involved ritual process to get the wood. Then it had to be pierced through its heart from tip to toe. I had to make a magnetic rod that became its new heart, fit it with a copper and zinc band in the middle of the shaft and fit it with a clear quartz point for the tip and a smoky quartz point at the toe. The magnetic rod had to touch each crystal point. It was rubbed with wax except over the two metal bands. It was quite beautiful when it was finished and it was a weapon I used with great pride in circle. I still make wands in much the same way.
                            The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                            I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I got hipster glasses!
                              baah.

Comment

• Idk what my hair is doing but I'm too tired to care. School 6 days this week. Can't be bovvered to hair around.

ForumRunner_20151011_125555.jpg
                                “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
                                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                                Sneak Attack
                                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                                X