OJ Simpson back in the news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OJ Simpson back in the news

They found a knife that had been buried on his property. Unbelievable! This is really the case that never goes away. And right in the middle of the miniseries with Cuba Gooding & John Travolta.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Re: OJ Simpson back in the news

I read that,and it has traces of blood on it...He is still in Jail,but this just may bring back the Murder charges.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

He can't be charged again. He was already acquitted.

The cops who had the knife blew it big time, and should be drawn & quartered.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        I read that,and it has traces of blood on it...He is still in Jail,but this just may bring back the Murder charges.
        How would they go about doing that? He's already been acquitted in a criminal court. Any attempt to retry him for the same crime will result in the trial judge telling the prosecutor with varying degrees of courtesy,

"The Fifth Amendment to the Constitution still exists. Get the **** out of my courtroom and quit disgracing your profession."

Maybe, maybe, if the Feds are feeling profoundly motivated they would have half a chance in hell of finding something to charge him with to get around double jeopardy. Otherwise, the Fifth protections here are as close to absolute as any Constitutional right gets.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I was hoping for something to take the media's focus off Trump, but I never imagined this.
          sigpic

Comment

Perhaps they would do something like lying under oath,BUT as he is still in Jail for the other thing he did,it may be mute.

And as Hawk mentions a distraction from the Trump circus.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Perhaps they would do something like lying under oath,BUT as he is still in Jail for the other thing he did,it may be mute.

And as Hawk mentions a distraction from the Trump circus.
              They may be able to pull off a perjury charge (not betting money on it and statute of limitations may kick their ass for trying) but that probably won't invalidate the original acquittal so he still doesn't face murder again. The only two ways that I've seen Double Jeopardy bypassed are

1) If the same act is both a state and a federal crime, the Feds can jump in regardless of how the state case goes. The feds don't like doing this though and won't without really good cause.
              2) There's a precedent where someone requested a judge trial and then bribed the judge to acquit him. The ruling there is that for double jeopardy to apply, you actually have to be in jeopardy the first time and as a bribed judge negated that, he could be retried. There is no existing precedent of doing that to a jury ruling to my knowledge.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I hope this doesn't cause a flare-up of racial tensions, but I think it will.
                sigpic

Comment

When you really think about it,he kind of was punished in some ways,not to mention the armed robbery charge that put him in Jail. Karma is a real Bitc*

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

And they find this knife just now? HA! They blew it!

Comment

Actually,someone has had this knife for 12 years,and it is just now seeing the light of day....

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Wait a minute, how didn't the police officers find the knife in the first place? I just don't get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait they have possession for this knife 12 years ago?! That's crazy!

Comment

Search the google news about this knife's history.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

All I know that the everybody in the justice system screw up everything.

Comment

Maybe they can charge him with different crimes related to the case. He's been cleared of double homicide, but maybe he can be charged with intent to do bodily harm, carrying a deadly weapon, conspiracy to commit murder, something.
                              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                              X