Dream Spell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dream Spell

I've seen color regression used quite a bit for inducing dream states and vibrant dreams. Basically the Chakra system as your laying down to go to sleep or simply rest. Recall it's red - orange - yellow - green - blue - lavender / violet. Not just imagining the colors but actually seeing them upon the third eye and holding each for a moment as you step through them. Have tried a couple times myself using christmas lights that flash with that color sequence which produced pretty good dream states. But will add the warning flashing lights can be iffy depending upon the flash rate and can cause seizures for some people.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
      I've seen color regression used quite a bit for inducing dream states and vibrant dreams. Basically the Chakra system as your laying down to go to sleep or simply rest. Recall it's red - orange - yellow - green - blue - lavender / violet. Not just imagining the colors but actually seeing them upon the third eye and holding each for a moment as you step through them. Have tried a couple times myself using christmas lights that flash with that color sequence which produced pretty good dream states. But will add the warning flashing lights can be iffy depending upon the flash rate and can cause seizures for some people.
      I've honestly haven't done anything with chakras, and I don't know much about them. I would have to look into this. Thank you.
      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
        I know there are spells for prophetic dreams, and dream pillows (which I think do the same thing?), but I was wondering if there was a spell for having for having more vivid dreams. I've tried things like eating bananas and taking vitamin b6 supplements, but neither worked.
        You know I'm all about practical stuff.

Spicy foods before bed. You will be dreaming of two headed monsters and flying on cabbage leaves in no time (an actual dream of mine)
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

The state between waking and sleep can be interesting to work with, though it requires some practice to stay "in the zone".
          Once a man, like the sea I raged;
          Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
          And there is in fact more earth than sea.
          Genesis lyric

Comment

Originally posted by Porpoise View Post
            The state between waking and sleep can be interesting to work with, though it requires some practice to stay "in the zone".
            Omg weird that you talk about that. I've had that happen quite a few times (mind you as a child I had very bad nightmares where I tried to harm myself in my sleep. So the shrink had me learn lucid dreaming (hence why I can fly away from danger on my magic cabbage leaves)Anywho...I go to bed regularly with my headphone buds in my ear (titinitus means I can't sleep in complete silence or you get that horrid ringing going on) Sometimes I'll be 'awake' and then I'll still be in the dream...sort of moving it along. Like I'm aware I'm not fully asleep but my mind is still pretending to be in that dream. Usually it's of my mother. I hold tight to stay there in sleep with her. And then when I'm fully awake I feel as if I've been dreaming for years or something. It's quite jarring at times.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              You know I'm all about practical stuff.

Spicy foods before bed. You will be dreaming of two headed monsters and flying on cabbage leaves in no time (an actual dream of mine)
              Sadly, spicy food makes me sick. I won't sleep, but will be shooting fire out of either end.

Half-awake dreams are interesting. I usually have really bizarre and violent ones in that state.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I tried the recording my dreams thing, but I kind of fell out of doing it unless they were particularly interesting. I should try that again. I don't know if I have moonstone--I'll need to look.
                If writing them down is hard to stick to, maybe try what I do... I grab my phone and in my sleepy state, record myself reciting as much as I can of the dream. My intention is always to play them all back and record them neatly in my notebook, but I can count on one hand the times this actually happens. Still, it's much easier to just talk while still snug in your bed, than it is to motivate yourself to get up and find a pen!

Last week I had a nightmare and managed to wake myself up! It's not the first time. I actually first learnt lucid dreaming because of a nightmare, but I haven't had to do in a while. Usually once I realise I'm dreaming, the nightmare ends and the dream changes, but last time it continued. At first I was all 'I'll just roll with it, it can't harm me after all' but then my nerves got the better of me and I decided I had to wake up. It was the weirdest sensation too.

Bit off-topic, but I've been dying to tell someone about it.
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                  If writing them down is hard to stick to, maybe try what I do... I grab my phone and in my sleepy state, record myself reciting as much as I can of the dream. My intention is always to play them all back and record them neatly in my notebook, but I can count on one hand the times this actually happens. Still, it's much easier to just talk while still snug in your bed, than it is to motivate yourself to get up and find a pen!

Last week I had a nightmare and managed to wake myself up! It's not the first time. I actually first learnt lucid dreaming because of a nightmare, but I haven't had to do in a while. Usually once I realise I'm dreaming, the nightmare ends and the dream changes, but last time it continued. At first I was all 'I'll just roll with it, it can't harm me after all' but then my nerves got the better of me and I decided I had to wake up. It was the weirdest sensation too.

Bit off-topic, but I've been dying to tell someone about it.
                  That's okay! I lucid dream on very rare occasion. I like seeing where my brain will take the story, but sometimes, I find myself thinking "no, I don't like this" and changing things.

I don't know if I have night terrors, but I have, on rare occasions, woken myself up by screaming because of a nightmare.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

So what are dreams really? The unconscious mind churning stuff over or something?
                    Genesis lyric

Comment

So what are dreams really? The unconscious mind churning stuff over or something?
                      This is a bit off-topic, but psychology seems to more or less agree that it's your brain kind of "dumping" thoughts that it doesn't need to file. I use to be able to choose what I dreamed about what I wanted to by thinking really intensely about something, then shoving it to the back of my mind before I fell asleep, but I haven't been able to do it in a long time.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

This is a bit off-topic, but psychology seems to more or less agree that it's your brain kind of "dumping" thoughts that it doesn't need to file. I use to be able to choose what I dreamed about what I wanted to by thinking really intensely about something, then shoving it to the back of my mind before I fell asleep, but I haven't been able to do it in a long time.
                        I have an idea that dreaming is something to do with processing unconscious or unresolved stuff. I think the theme or feelings of dreams can be useful to note, but the detail is probably not that relevant.

Personally I find waking meditation more productive.
                        Last edited by Spiny Norman; 29 Nov 2015, 22:53.
                        Genesis lyric

Comment

It isn't clear yet what purpose or purposes dreams serve. My bet? More than one reason for them.

I read an article that said people who smoke a lot of dope then quit get flooded with dreams, so try smoking a lot of dope for a few years, then stop...

Yup - here it is:

When I stopped smoking weed, my appetite shrivelled and my head throbbed – but it was the dreams that really shook me
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I've found that I have more vivid and long-lasting dreams, and that I can remember them, when I'm less stressed out in my day-to-day life.

That is, if I'm dealing with no end of stressors every day that by the time I get to bed I simply pass out and wake up 5 hours later having to go back to deal with those stressors, that I simply don't dream. But if I'm able to actually stay calm throughout the day, feel like I have some semblance of control over what's going on, have the time to enjoy the simple things a little bit, go to bed on my own terms and get enough sleep, I will almost always have those vivid dreams and remember them.

Maybe, if your life is stressful, it may help to try and find ways to alleviate some of those stressors. It ties into what Rae'ya said earlier about dream cycles, and if you're overtired you probably aren't getting enough time in the right sleep-states.

It's not a spell-solution, but it may help.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow View Post
                              It ties into what Rae'ya said earlier about dream cycles, and if you're overtired you probably aren't getting enough time in the right sleep-states.
                              I think dreams mostly occur during REM ( Rapid Eye Movement ) sleep, which is shallow rather than deep sleep.
                              Genesis lyric

Comment

They do.

img_main_SleepStages_01_US.jpg

If you look at the image, the longer you sleep the more time you spend in the REM cycle because sleep is cyclical. If you can't relax and if you don't get enough sleep, you cut those cycles short and are brought out of the deeper stages too early to ever enter those longer REM cycles.

More relaxing. More sleep. Fewer stressors.

One more tidbit on the dream-journal thing. I did do this for awhile, and I found that I didn't need to record every night's sleep in it, just the dreams that really stuck in my mind. Keeping the more memorable ones written down, and looking back over them to try and think on them more from time to time, helped with improving the frequency of more vivid dreams. Or at least remembering them after waking up.

Comment

Working...
                                X