This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My theory of Christianity

It just amazes me how much time Pagans devote to dissecting Christianity to an unbelievable level.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
      It just amazes me how much time Pagans devote to dissecting Christianity to an unbelievable level.
      You have no idea how much this surprised me when I joined this forum. I'm still getting used to it.
      hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
        You have no idea how much this surprised me when I joined this forum. I'm still getting used to it.
        Ive been involved in five or six Pagan forums for the last decade and its a pretty common theme.

Comment

Some people are just really interested in dissecting religions and beliefs. It's academic? Personal academia anyway, usually.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
            Some people are just really interested in dissecting religions and beliefs. It's academic? Personal academia anyway, usually.
            I'd have to agree with you on that. I've nothing against religion as a whole but all beliefs should be analyzed. I see nothing wrong with 'picking it apart' so long as it serves a beneficial purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
              For me, part of it was because I was previously a Christian, and part of what was a factor in my de-conversion from the belief was going in depth and analyzing it (no offence intended). So I've already spent a very large amount of time on that, and living in a Christian majority society has also served as an incentive to be knowledgeable and able to point out aspects of the faith, in case you get in a debate among other things.

Beyond that it really comes down to me also having a deep interest in religion and the philosophy of religion.

Comment

Working...
              X