This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

I haven't sewn a full garment in over ten years, but I just need to do the hem, and I'll have finished my first dress in a decade! It has pockets!

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
      http://business.time.com/2011/06/06/...rd-that-right/

This made my morning. Also, don't ignore court orders. It doesn't end well even if you are a giant ass bank.
      That's awesome sauce with parmesan cheese!
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
        I haven't sewn a full garment in over ten years, but I just need to do the hem, and I'll have finished my first dress in a decade! It has pockets!
        Pockets! Yay that's awesome
        You remind me of the babe
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
          That's awesome sauce with parmesan cheese!
          It was a deeply amusing find. How many people can say they've initiated foreclosure on a bank? Normally that goes the other way.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
            It was a deeply amusing find. How many people can say they've initiated foreclosure on a bank? Normally that goes the other way.
            It's a drop dead perfect "stick it to the man" thing. It actually popped into my mind several times today. People were probably wondering what my evil chuckle was about.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm ridiculously proud of myself today because I found a way to get adobe flash on my new phone. I needed it for the live feed from racetracks that use it. Everyone was telling me it was impossible...I tried all sorts of things, but the answer was the "Puffin" browser.
              sigpic

Comment

When I come home from work my babies (yorkies) greet me because they are so happy to see me and that just makes me so happy.
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                  I'm ridiculously proud of myself today because I found a way to get adobe flash on my new phone. I needed it for the live feed from racetracks that use it. Everyone was telling me it was impossible...I tried all sorts of things, but the answer was the "Puffin" browser.
                  I am impressed. Finding that kind of thing is a challenge- half the time the online advice is that it can't be done. The other half say it can be done, but then they get all mysterious about how they did it.

Comment

For those of you who missed this very important alpaca:
                    https://www.reddit.com/r/aww/comments/c57ywp/cute_alpaca_with_a_hat/

Comment

Originally posted by Eleanor View Post
                      For those of you who missed this very important alpaca:
                      https://www.reddit.com/r/aww/comments/c57ywp/cute_alpaca_with_a_hat/
                      Carlllllllllll
                      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                      Seen the desert and the birds
                      You cut your hair short
                      Like a shush to an insult
                      The world had been yelling
                      Since the day you were born
                      Revolting with anger
                      While it smiled like it was cute
                      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                        Yay!

I'm moding (and modernizing) a pattern for a SCA Norse-style apron dress with a modern fabric as a summer dress. I found this really cool, sort of silky-ish navy blue cotton with the arrow pattern of a wind map on it (but no map below) and I'm going to use variegated red thread. Its also getting pockets.

Pockets=Suffragette Purses
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

Pockets=Suffragette Purses
                          Lucy locket lost her pocket
                          Kitty Fischer found it
                          There was not a penny in it
                          Only ribbon round it
                          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                          Seen the desert and the birds
                          You cut your hair short
                          Like a shush to an insult
                          The world had been yelling
                          Since the day you were born
                          Revolting with anger
                          While it smiled like it was cute
                          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

You’re the one who gets the call when something goes wrong. These smart tools and settings will help you help them with less hassle.

This amuses me. Unfortunately, the default family member they selected is the wrong one (Grandma calls me anytime anything out of the ordinary pops up, doesn't install things on her own and uses maybe five programs. She mostly stays out of trouble, her brother however...) and their advice is completely insufficient to the task.
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I may be getting into a good mental health system and because nj has medical weed a good prescription for pain, because pain pills are OUT
                              and hi to all my frinds

merged by admin

as to legal smoke, NJ has medical smoke and it is hard to get pain meds I am working on getting medical prescription not to get high but to ease my major joint pain
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I know what I'm doing!

*pushes thread out the way.

I hate to say what makes me smile. I bought one of those bug zappers that looks like a tennis racket. I went to town in my kitchen with those small gnats. Just a few, but they drive me nuts. I can hear them when they hit the mesh. And then there is a faint whiff of fried wings I presume. Don't be coming into my kitchen! I feel like the executioner! :shy:
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X