Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
    We are planning to go to a theme park this summer. We're trying to decide whether to do it with a pregnant partner, or a new baby. Baby would be 6 weeks oldish when we went, and it would be August heat... Nova was six months old when I took her the first time, she was a winter baby. This baby is due end of June. Pregnant partner probably can't get the time off work before having baby on a weekday and I can't get time off on a weekend, but she really wants to go. She doesn't care about riding crazy rides, she just wants to get out and have some fun. I also don't think she'll be ready to leave baby home with a sitter for a whole day at that point, especially since she'll be breastfeeding. Ugh, idk.
    Take turns babywearing! Also amusement parks will have places with air conditioners and should have a space for her to breastfeed to escape the heat. While I am all for breastfeeding where ever and whenever having a space away from the crowds where it wont be so hot is an added bonus. I am unsure what the weather is suppose to be like this summer though. If its anything like winter its going to be nuts!
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
      Take turns babywearing! Also amusement parks will have places with air conditioners and should have a space for her to breastfeed to escape the heat. While I am all for breastfeeding where ever and whenever having a space away from the crowds where it wont be so hot is an added bonus. I am unsure what the weather is suppose to be like this summer though. If its anything like winter its going to be nuts!
      We'll definitely be baby wearing and will probably have a shaded wagon for naps. There are a couple places we can cool down, but it's a local theme park and they don't really have nursing rooms, or didn't last I checked. I'm also worried that six weeks will be a bit too young for crowd germs. We're not usually too worried about germs, but the first couple months are a sensitive time period. And then there's the decision of whether to cloth or switch to disposables for the day... Just a lot to think about.
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Oh its definitely a ton. At two months old we made a 12 hour drive so his great, great grandmother could meet him, and that was just riding in a car and sleeping at someones house. That was not a theme park in the summer.
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Got a brownie from Whole Foods earlier. Hated it. One more thing I can add to the list of stuff I'll never eat again.
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

We'll definitely be baby wearing and will probably have a shaded wagon for naps. There are a couple places we can cool down, but it's a local theme park and they don't really have nursing rooms, or didn't last I checked. I'm also worried that six weeks will be a bit too young for crowd germs. We're not usually too worried about germs, but the first couple months are a sensitive time period. And then there's the decision of whether to cloth or switch to disposables for the day... Just a lot to think about.
            Personally I wouldn't risk it, but large crows terrify me, so I'm a little biased haha. In regards to cloth or disposables, I'd definitely reccomend disposable diapers, because cloth diapers are a lot hotter and cause diaper rashes A LOT faster (trust me; I know!).
            Last edited by Sollomyn; 13 Mar 2019, 15:17.

Comment

The art show is done and now I need to clean the giant mess that is my house. Everything kind of got thrown to the side while I was prepping whoops.
              ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Dad and I went to see Madea's Family Funeral yesterday. We laughed so hard at the theater. I'm still so full right now. Darn popcorn.
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Sollomyn View Post
                  Personally I wouldn't risk it, but large crows terrify me, so I'm a little biased haha. In regards to cloth or disposables, I'd definitely reccomend disposable diapers, because cloth diapers are a lot hotter and cause diaper rashes A LOT faster (trust me; I know!).
                  Soolomyn, you've never been a parent, and you've made it very clear that you don't know what you are talking about regarding parenting in other threads. So no, I'm not going to trust that you know. Unlike you, I have a five year old, I've dealt with all this before, I have lived it.

I have homework for two of my classes done for the semester, which would feel great if the homework wasn't the bare minimum of studying and likely to get me a 10% on the tests if that's all I did. There aren't any assignments for the next two weeks, but one of those weeks is busy on campus, doing demo's etc. I'm going to get as much studying as I can done in the midst of catching up on studying for a couple other classes and prepping for demos and see how I feel about asking to test early in those two classes after that. I'd be done with them four weeks early in that case, and could focus on the other classes that are giving me a harder time for the last month.

ETA: One of my classes I have a D in, I literally have a 77.95% in and need 78% to pass...
                  Last edited by Shahaku; 14 Mar 2019, 09:15.
                  We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                  It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                  Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.

Comment

Soolomyn, you've never been a parent, and you've made it very clear that you don't know what you are talking about regarding parenting in other threads. So no, I'm not going to trust that you know. Unlike you, I have a five year old, I've dealt with all this before, I have lived it.

I have homework for two of my classes done for the semester, which would feel great if the homework wasn't the bare minimum of studying and likely to get me a 10% on the tests if that's all I did. There aren't any assignments for the next two weeks, but one of those weeks is busy on campus, doing demo's etc. I'm going to get as much studying as I can done in the midst of catching up on studying for a couple other classes and prepping for demos and see how I feel about asking to test early in those two classes after that. I'd be done with them four weeks early in that case, and could focus on the other classes that are giving me a harder time for the last month.

ETA: One of my classes I have a D in, I literally have a 77.95% in and need 78% to pass...
                    Okey dokey; go to the amusement park then; use cloth diapers even; see what I care! :XD laugh:
                    (Even though they do nothing at all to wick the urine away from the skin, thereby causing rashes faster. )

PS: You don't know if I have children or not; there are parents much younger than I.
                    Last edited by Sollomyn; 14 Mar 2019, 14:29.

Comment

PS: You don't know if I have children or not; there are parents much younger than I.
                      Some people act like children to an age much older than yourself, too.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                        Some people act like children to an age much older than yourself, too.
                        This is true haha.

Comment

Okey dokey; go to the amusement park then; use cloth diapers even; see what I care! :XD laugh:
                          (Even though they do nothing at all to wick the urine away from the skin, thereby causing rashes faster. )

Your comments here indicate that you do not have children:

No; I cannot give you an example of a country, because I'm too uneducated about other countries, and thus cannot speak for them, as I'd probably only be misinforming people. Regardless of whether or not there exists such a country out of about 195 other countries, it would still be irrelevant to me because I don't see poverty as an issue; especially if it's only temporary poverty due to circumstances. Money isn't really a neccesity in my opinion.
                          Truthfully, maternity benefits are irrelevant to me personally; a government shouldn't have to tell employers to give new mothers some time off, and new mothers should already be capable of taking care of children with either their partner, or on their own; they're human beings; the apex predator on this planet. I think they should manage.
                          Yes there are parents much younger than you, but they wouldn't have made the above comments. Or they would be especially ignorant to have made them.

Comment

Your comments here indicate that you do not have children:

Yes there are parents much younger than you, but they wouldn't have made the above comments. Or they would be especially ignorant to have made them.
                            Or especially independent from their governments, to the point that maternity benefits would literally be irrelevant.
                            Also...I thought we weren't supposed to bring arguments from other threads into new threads? Is my political leaning (or lack thereof) really the only thing you've used to base my knowledge of parenting on???
                            Last edited by Sollomyn; 14 Mar 2019, 14:53.

Comment

Or especially independent from their governments, to the point that maternity benefits would literally be irrelevant.
                              Also...I thought we weren't supposed to bring arguments from other threads into new threads? Is my political leaning (or lack thereof) really the only thing you've used to base my knowledge of parenting on???
                              We are supposed to keep threads on topic. In the case of this thread, that can be anything you're thinking about which at the moment for me is dealing with this particular line of conversation, so no, I'm not breaking the rules by bringing in quotes from another page. In addition, you may not realize it, but I am a moderator on this forum. I think I know the rules a bit better than you do. Beyond that, the quotes pulled from above are the only ones I've noticed in regard to you and parenting, so yes, that is where I pull my opinion from because that's all you've given us so far. Those quotes do indicate an extreme lack of education on the issues parents face, and therefore your extreme lack of practical experience parenting. Maybe that's not the case, but you have yet to give me a specific example of your experience as a parent.

The polite thing to do, would have been to drop it when I said I wasn't going to trust your opinion. Right now, you've gone way beyond that. I am getting really tired of your constant need to one-up everyone on this forum. Please stop.

Comment

The only concerns I would have about the theme park is the crowd, but that's a personal call. Just take sanitizer and baby wipes, and sunscreen lol. It sounds like fun and if you guys are up for it I'm sure you'll manage. =) Be realistic about what you can carry and what you will need. That's what always gets me and all the other parents I know who go on vacation--either overpacking and not being able to manage it all, or forgetting something crucial. So be flexible and be able to change your plans. =) Most importantly have fun!

In other news, I'm trying to decide if I want to write, clean, or edit pics...
                                ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Working...
                                X